It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot android that looks like a human!! Very Cool VIDEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I would like to introduce you to Actroid DER 2. She was demonstrated in the AKIBA Robot Festival. IMO, she scares the sh*t out of me. Way to close to human for comfort. None the less, she is a major leap in technology.

If this was posted before, sorry.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'd hit it! only kidding, only kidding
But you just know that the market for this type of technology is going to be massive amongst the people who fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
HAHAHA, she is a good looking robot. If this thing is able to have intercourse we are looking at a bigger problem then I thought

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Impressive!

Almost looks like my servant robot....

*Activates android*

I would like a cheddar bacon burger with fries, and I want it done in less than 6 mins..........

"Yes sir!"

What a good robot

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
ahhhah.....and I just watched Terminator with my son.....
Rease...." The older models had rubber skin and we could spot them....."
Coming soon....Cyborgs!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
All most scary in a horror movie sort of way. Its the fact that its movement aren't natural but it look human kind of weird but I never realized how many subtitles we pick up when viewing someone until there not there.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What worries me is the fact that they first came out with this thing in 2006. Imagine the way it will be able to mimic humans in ten or fifteen years.. Will we be able to tell the difference

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Wow, nice post!

It's scary, she looks a bit ridgid though. If she could move as fluent as BigDog, that would be even more scary.

Is that real Human hair she has? Hmmm.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
WOW
I never heard of the dog robot. Thanks for the info. I just watched a video of it. Thats nuts!

Heres a video of it for anyone that don't know what it is

So, I think we are getting closer to mimicking life on Earth through microchips every day. Unreal! :

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i think i know that chick! hahaha

damn but for reals that looks pretty crazy kinda creepy what if they take over haha

shes all hot!

okay that big dog thing hella creeps me out..the way it walks ..but i would still get one cuz i love animals even driod ones!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well one things for sure, I wouldnt like to wake up next to that thing after too many beers. Gives me the creeps

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Impressive!

Almost looks like my servant robot....

*Activates android*

I would like a cheddar bacon burger with fries, and I want it done in less than 6 mins..........

"Yes sir!"

What a good robot

CHEEEEEEESE!! PET-RIL!!! CHEEEEEESE!!

CHEESOID HATES SELF!!

lol, sorry, had to.

Very cool vid, I saw something in Metro (free paper, some cool science parts in it, quantum mechanics was in it today) about robots being used for...'pleasure' purposes. Was saying that scientists say it would be cleaner than prostitutes as the [ahem] 'specialized area' could be removed and cleaned/replaced. I thought this was NUTS!! tech like this, and they were commenting on using it for prostitution?!? Crazy world we live in.

EMM

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Come on!

Don't tell me that a if you had a Jenna Jameson pleasure bot you wouldn't be tempted! LOL

But your right, its kinda a waste of technology.....

Not for about 3-5 seconds however! HAHAHHAH

new topics

top topics

join