It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of 'Big Bang' could bring about the end of the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Secrets of 'Big Bang' could bring about the end of the world

www.foxnews.com

A British physicist has claimed he can explain the secrets of the Big Bang Theory, but his controversial experiment has scientists believing he could bring about the end of the world, the U.K.'s Daily Mail reported.For centuries, scientists have sought unsuccessfully to unlock the secrets of the Big Bang Theory — a model explaining the birth of the universe.

But 63-year-old Dr. Lyn Evans of Aberdare, England, popularly known as "Evans the Atom," claims to know the answers, and will test his experiment on Wednesday by using a 17-mile-long doughnut-shaped tunnel that will smash sub-atomic particles together at the speed of light, the Mail reported.

Evans' ambitions, however, have brought widespread concern among scientists who say the experiment could create a shower of unstable black holes inside the Earth, and subsequently bring destruction to the planet.

"Nothing will happen for at least four years," retired German Otto Rossler told the Mail. "Then someone will spot a light ray coming out of the Indian Ocean during the night and no one will be able to explain it."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I am not a believer in the big bang theory But smashing sub-atomic particles together at the speed of light, This sounds cool as hell, Some one said that this could case a black hole that would destroy the planet WOW,

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-9-2008 by yenko13]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by yenko13

I am not a believer in the big bang theory

How else could the unverse begin? =/

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You understand, that at the masses involved... the energy would be similar to that of two flying insects colliding. As far as I know, no black holes erupt when that happens. I wouldn't sell up shop just yet...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Theres LOADS of other threads on this.. the Large Hadron Collider at CERN.
Do a quick search

BTW, Fox News is wrong. Aberdare isn't in England, its in Wales. A different province of the UK.

Thats like saying New York City is in New Mexico. I guess the American media really is full of idiots.
(Sorry, I had to say it. I don't like Welsh people.)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Enough threads on this already! If the world ends we wont be able to read them anyways.

Fire that piece of crap up already. Smash. NEXT.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by selfisolated

Welcome to my ignore list, I don't like racist's.

how does that feel? Pretty much like the welsh people reading your post felt.

also I dare say that feeling is pretty familiar I imagine if your name is anything to go by.

Bye.

btw so its not a one liner its true this thread should not be here as the multitude of others from the same source :-)

Kind regards,

Elf.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
notice how it says we wouldnt see a ray of light for four years I love how they tried to include 2012 into this. faux news.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

The BIG BANG THEORY has not been investigated "for centuries".
Probably a little less that eighty years now.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
They aren't going to smash anything until later in the year, they are just going to shoot a beam on Wednesday, at least that's what I just read in the BBC

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

If I said I didn't like Americans would that make me a rascist?

No, it wouldn't.

In all reality, I like most Americans I have met, but I dislike what the Politicians have done, thus, by association I dislike most Americans because of their representatives.
I don't mind Welsh people, (I love leeks), but they are not a seperate race....so, from that you cannot call selfisolated a rascist. An ethnicist, yes, but not a rascist....and that at a push as there are many ethnicities that make up the modern Welsh peoples...just as there are many ethnicities that make up the Americans, or New Zealanders, or heaven forbid, the Australians!!!

I think ignorance of ethnicity and kneejerk reactions to tongue in cheek comments are more likely to bring about the end of the world than the LHC!

Go Science!

[edit on 8/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

new topics

top topics

join