It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our media is at war.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What i'm seeing on television is unbelievable. Media blatantly attacking each other. Both campaigns attacking the opposing network they are affiliated with...which is sad b/c it shouldn't be that way anyway. Look at our irresponsible journalist....sticking with their guy and promoting THEIR INTERESTS TOO YOU.

I mean it doesn't get any more blatant than this. Our country is basically on the verge of economic collapse and Russia is going to conduct wargames with Venezuala in their waters. Yeah, just what we need, another Cuban missle crisis. The US is barely sustaining itself right now...and i have to sit and watch these too politicians and there respective media BASHING each other. WTF. How did it ever get to this? People need to start reading between the lines. It almost seems like we are going into a Civil War. Cripes...this country needs to unite. This is at a time we have to unite.

It's scary to think how bad of shape our world is in right now. If things keep up like this...our jobs and pocketbooks won't even matter anymore. I said this on another post, but...

Our earth is a beautiful place...i'd hate to see us destroy it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
The US is barely sustaining itself right now...and i have to sit and watch these too politicians and there respective media BASHING each other.

David, a suggestion: turn off your television!

I agree with your point here. But don't be too surprised. People like to watch petty bickering [see the great success of "reality" shows, for starters]. And the corporations that own both the news channels and the advertisers love it because hostility stirs up resentment and fear deep down...which "makes" most people spend money. It's sad, but true.

Read a book, brother. Call an old friend. Take a walk. All these things are good for the soul. Television, on the other hand, will eat your soul [and wallet!] from the inside-out. That's what it's there for.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Heh, that's the thing. I usually don't watch tv that much. This is why it's so shocking to me. I just wish what i see wasn't true. I don't believe ignoring the problem is going to make it go away, although i'd love if it did.

Crazy times we live in right now.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It's not just television. It's also newspapers - virtually unread except for the comics and coupons, And blogs - biased misinformation, disinformation and partisan agendas.

The American media is dead.

What entity is there left that actively seeks objective, in depth coverage of facts and issues, regardless of marketability, advertising, ratings or clicks?

Not one. Not even ATS, long may it live.

top topics

join