It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world is going to hell in a hand basket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
ATS readers,

I come home from work today...turn on the tv...and i'm just completely shocked off all the things that are going on.

Russia doing wargames with Venezuela in their waters??? Holy ****. Our country seems to be completely divided with the presidential race. They are blatantly attacking each other to almost feverish proportions. Our economy is in complete demise. George Bush talking about volunteerism after being inspired by change. We are being crushed by oil prices. Iran trying to make nukes..and Israel threatening them. Hurricanes hitting every week. And now i just see the US f'd up a bombing and killed 90 plus civilians in Afganistan. All this really scares me. We are in HUGE trouble right now and the government knows it.

What the hell are we going to do with all this? What does it all mean? I'm starting to get extremely worried about the US and the worlds situation right now. It's just unbelievable. I don't believe in conspiracy theories. But i gotta say...

It's looking really grim right now. I really hope things get better. We live on beautiful planet, i don't want to see it destroyed.

To whom it may be concerned,

Dave

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Dave, I want you to do me a favor ok? Take a deep breath, sit down, drink a beer really really fast, and relax. You haave nothing to worry about. Either A: everything will blow over and be fixed by the world leaders because no one wants to destroy the planet, and the storms shall pass, or, 2: we are all going to die and there is nothing we can do about it so go out having fun.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Just more evidence of peoples relativity to history.

To most people history began the day they where born, or more recently, the day Bush became President.

Imagine people living during the Civil War, The Great Depression, WW1 and WW2, The Jimmy Carter years,
I'm sure they thought they were living in desperate times also.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Lol....was just trying to point out that it's not looking good. I think alot of people overlook things and pay attention to the wrong ones. Some people just don't recognize it. When u start to pile all of those issues up, it's can be alittle depressing. Just hope the world can make a turn for the better.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hi dave ..

life is as long as a piece of string>>>>>

do no harm

and enjoy it while you may ....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i am surprised that anyone can be shocked by what they see on tv anymore. the amount o violence and crime is now such an everyday thing it is almost boring. what we need to be saying is, what can we do. even to walk down my own street i feel intimidated by the yobs. idealy i would like to enforce my own justice upon theses demons of society but find myself unable to. not because of the law but because of the danger i would put my family and friends in, if it where found to be me dishing out the justice. we need to reclaim our streets.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Depression is the main reason I don't watch nightly news anymore - now that I have a daughter I can't stand to hear of all the bad things happening around us.

At least with internet news I can just read the headlines and just pick and choose and stay blissfully ignorant to the rest.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The fear of revenge from these yobs is terrible, after all it isnt you that they go for its your family, house, car and anything else they can get their greasy little hands on.

Even if you got one of them they come back in numbers and with weapons. What ever happened to the days that you fought with your hands. You won some you lost some, but hey you always lived to fight another day.

top topics

join