It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Church Promotes Gay Conversion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Bombeni

With apologies to all, and especially the Mods...

Bombeni, please do not equate alcoholism with homosexuality. It is a 'false flag' argument, if I may steal a phrase from another subject.

I will now try to re-rail this train of thought. Well, actually I said it already, several posts above. While I would never desire to be 'converted', the mere fact that Palin's Church (or ANY Church) wishes to offer that 'service' to anyone who feels a need for it, I just don't see why it's an issue.

To each his own.

Alcoholism causes many problems for the alcoholic as well as his/her family. Homosexuality is rife with its share of problems thus the comparison. Gay rights activists complain that society's refusal to accept them as they are and to okay their sexual activities, is the only thing that stops them from being happy. But this is a falsehood. Within the "gay community", the murder rate is 15 times higher among homosexuals than heterosexuals. Since homosexuals have greater numbers of partners and breakups, compared with heterosexuals, and since longterm gay male relationships are rarely monagamous, it is hardly surprising if suicide attempts are proportionally greater, drug abuse, etc. are much higher than normal. And in my opinion, the continued promiscuity of homosexuals even in the face of HIV indicates emotional problems pervade.

Is it a choice? Gabriel Rotello, a well-known gay advocate, notes that "the outlaw aspect of gay sexual culture, its transgressiveness, is seen by many men as one of its greatest attributes. Same-sex eroticism becomes for many, therefore, the central value of existence, and nothing else--not even life and health itself--is allowed to interfere with pursuit of this lifestyle."

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The Madness Ends Today

Thread Closed.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join