It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin's Church Promotes Gay Conversion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CleverPig

You are very wrong with your comments. I have heard testimony after testimony of people that were gay that have been healed.People aren't born gay. Its a choice !!! Just like a person isn't born a murder !!! They make a choice to kill someone !!

Dear Jesus,
Please save me from your followers.
Amen.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

CleverPig, unfortunately you're wrong in your statement about being born homosexual. AND, it's Nature, not Nurture....despite citations people point to by so-called 'experts' .... people who likely have an agenda.

I will say this, though...the issue gets cloudy because there ARE (usually male) deeply religious people who find themselves at cross-odds with their built-in desires, and their faith. Tragic, really. So, if those people turn to a church for 'help' and if they do so of their own free will, then so be it. No one has any right whatsoever to dictate how they run their lives.

The tragedy of it, that I alluded to, is the intense pain that the newly 'converted' person must undergo...because generally it's an act, a desperate attempt to 'fit in'. They just go i nto the closet. Best example of a self-deluded Gay man who wishes with all his might to be Straight: Larry Craig.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy

You are very wrong with your comments. I have heard testimony after testimony of people that were gay that have been healed.People aren't born gay. Its a choice !!! Just like a person isn't born a murder !!! They make a choice to kill someone !!

Dear Jesus,
Amen.

Why is it 99 percent of people who are FOR Homosexuality are either gay or family members of gays?

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy

Dear Jesus,
Amen.

Dear Jesus,
Please save me from a society that has come to this: In private sex clubs across the U.S. men gather for a chance to participate in what is called Russian Roulette. Ten men are invited, nine are HIV-, one is HIV+. The men have agreed to not speak of AIDS, nor HIV. They participate in as many unsafe sexual encounters with each other as possible, thus increasing their chances to receive "the bug." These are the men known as 'Bug Chasers.'

This is what is happening with young unstable guys who don't know what is right anymore. There will always be homosexuals, aka deviant sexual behaviors, but society doesn't have to put its blessing on it.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Why is it 99 percent of people who are FOR Homosexuality are either gay or family members of gays?

There is ABSOLUTELY no fact in that statement. Homosexuals are PEOPLE! Surely even you can understand that.

(I almost got myself banned...I stopped myself though.)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

truly, Ms. or Mr. Bomb...you are severely off-topic.

However, seems this thread went off the rails a long time ago, anyway....resorting to Gay-bashing and religious promulgation. I see petty bickering, and no longer see any valid discussions being put forth.

Bomb, if you wish to use a specious argument such as that to paint with a broad brush, then start a thread.

We're getting close to the Political Baiting problem....I suppose discussing Mrs. Palin's Church, and what it does or does not do is valid, since there have been questions about other candidates' churches raised since JFK was running.

But I think we would be better served by focusing on Mrs. Palin's political record (or lack therof). AND, it seems that we won't have any real red meat until, or if, she agrees to be interviewed by the press and, of course, after the fist debate with Biden. Now that's gonna be interesting!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Ok, 92 percent then. It's been a slow breakdown went something like this.

For thousands of years, up until about 1985 or so: Homosexuals engaged in homosexual behaviors behind closed doors, they kept their deviant sexual practices a tip-top secret; even THEY knew there was something innately wrong with this.

1985 to 2000: Societal morals start breaking down, homosexuals see this as their calling card to come out of the closet, they start to support and encourage one another, but the families of homosexuals are still strongly against their family member being part of a group of sexual deviants.

Present day: Family members have largely accepted that homosexuality has gone full throttle in society and give up or give in. Even some non-family who do not practice sexual deviance are leaving their moral guidelines in the past. Those of society who choose to retain their moral guidelines are blasted as bigots and religious fanatics.

Future: I hate to imagine it.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If anyone bothered to watch the interview with Governor Palin's Pastor last night on Greta Van Susteren, you'd know her church does not conduct these types of services.

A poster was place on the church bulletin board about a group in Anchorage that held these events. The pastor explained that he personally placed it there for a few of his congregates, that had privately spoke with him about their personal conflicts relating to their homosexuality and their Christian faith.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Really, and this was on FOX News?
Shocking!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
**** Attentino ****

This BS stops.

Stay on Topic.

Do NOT go after another member.

Thank You.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well another thread on the issues of the day bites the dust.

Ah well guess I'll go look for a thread that teaches me how to awaken my inner self, or get the latest warning signs for shadow people, or see what's happening with the blonde half-humans. Wait, didn't I see a thread on the prevalence of vampires sightings? Well you know where you can find me......

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
"Love the sinner, hate the sin" this summarizes the christian belief. The church is a hospital to help repair lives from all sorts of sins, part of which is homosexuality. To say we hate these individuals comes from people discriminating against Christians. Prayer is the way we can, as a group, support change in lifestyles.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

www.soulforce.org...

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...after you posted something that is obviously religiously rather than scientifically driven. Approximately one minute's digging showed me that this was so.
The 'scientists' involved have a religious agenda and I liken this to the obfuscation regarding creationists versus evolutionists.

[edit on 10/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChChKiwi
reply to post by Bombeni

www.soulforce.org...

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...after you posted something that is obviously religiously rather than scientifically driven. Approximately one minute's digging showed me that this was so.
The 'scientists' involved have a religious agenda and I liken this to the obfuscation regarding creationists versus evolutionists.

[edit on 10/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

We could both post back and forth with "reports" both scientific and not. Many homosexuals have become straight because they WANTED to. An alcoholic has to want to get sober before he can be helped, etc.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Epinephrine

Excuse me but isn't mentally entertaining and practising sex outside of marriage a SIN??? Doesn't the Bible speak of that many times? You experimented "a little" with the opposite sex? Gee, I guess by a fundamentals own logic that would mean that unless you renounced your own heterosexual behavior, you stand in danger of being thrown into the fires of hell.

As the Bible says, please remove the mote from your own eye....

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

With apologies to all, and especially the Mods...

Bombeni, please do not equate alcoholism with homosexuality. It is a 'false flag' argument, if I may steal a phrase from another subject.

I will now try to re-rail this train of thought. Well, actually I said it already, several posts above. While I would never desire to be 'converted', the mere fact that Palin's Church (or ANY Church) wishes to offer that 'service' to anyone who feels a need for it, I just don't see why it's an issue.

To each his own.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
There is a lot of back and forth going on in this post about genetics vs choice. I have done a lot of reading on this topic, and I haven't yet seen the definitive studies that state that homosexuality is genetic. Yes there have been some post mortem studies of brains of gay men that showed some differences in one area of the brain that was not present in the brains of heterosexual men. And these differences were not present in the brains of gay women. These studies are still in dispute, so the jury is still out.
I admit that I feel that sexuality is a choice, often influenced by social and family dynamics. And how does one explain the fact that men will have sex with men when no women are present (i.e. prison) and then return to hetero activity when released? Are you telling me this not a choice?

The problem seems to be, from my point of view, that some people don't want people praying for them. I happen to work in a high stress job, where my decisions can be a matter of life and death. I have had ministers walk onto my unit and spontaneously pray for me and my co-workers, that we would have the wisdom, the knowledge, and the calm spirit to handle the emergencies that might occur. Even the non-beleivers appreciated it. Their attitude? It can't hurt, and if it helps, then great!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join