It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roaches!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
UGH okay so my family and i are NOT dirty people okay. but i guess other people in our apartment complex are??

we have this sudden NASTY outbreak of roaches its getting out of hand and the thing is my Aunt is the owner of the whole complex right...so i dont wanna cause problems by complaining my mom said my aunt would get mad and raise the rent if we did..
um is that even legal???
little backstory my aunt came to the usa in the 60's yes shes legal now and all that.. anyway her husband was buying and renting all kinds of places ..he died and now she took over.. crazy thing is she cant read or write in english or spanish doesnt even speak english but runs all these apartments and stuff..which i respect i thnk thats awesome. BUT the way she goes about stuff. shes very um cheap lol she makes millions i know this but why so cheap?

soo we conmplained once about roaches she gives us this powder stuff which doesnt work..it seems like more roaches came.. now its at the level where i am paranoid and "feel" things crawling on my legs but nothing is there but a few times there has been a roach on me

thats just going to far who the hell lives in that?? and cane my aunt raise rent for complaints?? my mom thinks it wil cause issues if i make a big fuss but really i cant stand this anymore
i look like a sketch tweaker scracthing my legs and kicking my legs thinking something is there..

plus ok not to gross anyone out umm why did i wake up to a roach ON MY FACE?!!?! i just ugh.. we're not dirty people
i do live in the "ghetto" and our neighbors are all pretty much illegals and disrespectful of others
(who plays music at a concert volume level at freakin 7 am?!?!?)

why do u let ur kids cry for 45 minutes straight then FINALLY do something about it after that period of time??

ugh anyway is there any way i can complain to the city anonymously????? I KNOW my aunt can afford to have the whole complex de roached

i dontknow where to complain to any ideas?? i cant go to my aunt i guess. i want the city to be like miss u gotta do something about it or we're gonna shut u down.. ahh but then i feel guilty cuz she is family u know

but why have family living in a place like this its really bad
my moms tape player is broke cuz roaches..the dvdv player BROKE
ugh its just disgusting. i mean i try to look at the bright side and like be grateful i have ahome and evrything but if something can be done about the roaches then umm why not!?!?

helpppppppppp:bnghd:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ewwwwwwwww... I cant blame you for being disgusted. Roaches are just nasty!!
Regardless of your relation to your landlord, there are steps you can follow.
I hope this link helps.

www.stretcher.com...

If all else fails, I would suggest calling the Board of Health.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I manage 2 apartment building and deal with Landlord/Tenant law on a regular basis.

I request all my tenant to inform me immediately if they see any bugs or rodents in the building or apartments so I can treat the problem before it gets out of control. It only makes sense to deal with a small problem with baits and sprays and save myself the expense of paying a pest control company when it gets out of hand.
(Now I'm starting to feel itchy)

I'd call the Health Department right away if she won't handle the roach issue.

As far as raising the rent for complaining, I don't think so.
We have a set annual rate we can increase rents and last year it was 2.6%.
You have a computer, so look up your local Landlord/Tenant law and familiarize yourself with the laws.

Also, rent the movie "Joe's Apartment", I think you'll like his roach problem.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
hey thanks for the information im totally going look into this further!

my only concern is like my aunt getting all weird or something.
my mom says its offensive to complain because shes helping us out..blah blah but its like dude its gross hahaha

also they were raised VERY different from me . like in Oaxaca on a farm extremely poor. so they see it differently..my mom does at least. .

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There are way worse things than roaches, even though it may not seem like it. But to make you happy, I use to live in Louisiana and had a 3 inch roach fly at me one day. Thought it was a bat at first, no kidding...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
yeah Zaimless i know .. I keep trying to think positive you know. but if this problem can be fixed then why not get it fixed..
but nah i do appreciate my aunt letting us stay here cheap rent etc and im glad i have a home or course! but ahhh roaches its at the level where they crawl ON US and sometimes i feel something on me and theres nothing even there.. its messing with my head and i dont like that hhaha

so i called county health dept. im playing phone tag with the lady right now but i hope to speak to her soon abotu my situation

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well I guess the pigeons who live on my balcony are quite minor in comparison, and anyway I like talking to them from my kitchen window.
In a strange way, could they be my friends...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
oo you poor thing i cant stand roaches,get some pesticides and spray anywhre..fill the wholes in the walls...and dont know spray more

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Volt_
Well I guess the pigeons who live on my balcony are quite minor in comparison,

Pigeons are just filthy bags of disease with wings.
Yes, fine restaurants serve them as squab, but I refer to them as ghetto chickens.

I had problems with these birds perching and roosting on my building. I was cleaning up their crap on a regular basis and the mess was pretty gross.

My simple solution was to spray a little WD-40 lubricant on all the areas they liked to land.
I don't know if they don't like the smell, or maybe they don't like it on their feet and feathers, but they don't come back.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Originally posted by _Volt_
Well I guess the pigeons who live on my balcony are quite minor in comparison,

Pigeons are just filthy bags of disease with wings.
Yes, fine restaurants serve them as squab, but I refer to them as ghetto chickens.

I had problems with these birds perching and roosting on my building. I was cleaning up their crap on a regular basis and the mess was pretty gross.

My simple solution was to spray a little WD-40 lubricant on all the areas they liked to land.
I don't know if they don't like the smell, or maybe they don't like it on their feet and feathers, but they don't come back.

Thanks for the handy tip.

join