It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Mufon Investigators Credible Witnesses?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This mufon report submitted today (Sep 8th, 2008) is from a mufon field investigator.(allegedly) It's a VERY strange read.

Mufon report(9/8/08...Kentucky)

He includes pictures of these "birds". Every one of the "objects" looks almost exactly the same. I would not expect that of a picture taken of a flock of birds. All the wing configurations appear to be exactly in the same position. Weird that he didn't see these when taking the picture.

I would have scanned right past these "birds", and on to the next report...but, considering the source, it deserves a second look, right?

[edit on 8-9-2008 by starcraft]

[edit on 8-9-2008 by starcraft]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Could ANYone complete and submit a mufon report without it being screened first? I mean, come on now...those are birds right?

Is the person submitting this report, really a "certified field investigator"? A Section Director?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am the executive director of the Galgamek Peace initiative and those are in fact my ships. I know they look a lot like birds, but that is to fool you silly humans.

(maybe they were heading to Alabama to get ready for the GFL event in October)

you can even see some of the birds with their wings folded up as if they were.....flying.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If it walks like a duck and flies like a duck, its a duck! As far as pictures of UFOs go these pics are just plain lame. I understand your point about the objects all looking similar but I have to confess- they look like birds to me!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My thoughts as well....but, it's the source that turned my head. Mufon Field Investigators commonly mistake birds for UFO's? And then go so far as to report it? Hmmmm

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
quite clearly a flock of birds, gliding on a thermal by the looks of it, possible in migration.

seems like MUFON is losing credability daily now

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Yes, they would all have similar wing configurations in a glide, I see your point. Judging by the clarity of the picture, they MUST have been VERY visible to the naked eye. Either the person was completely clueless, has horrible eyesight...or this is a poor attempt at a hoax, using MUFON's name for credibility. OR, the story is true, as reported. Strange, if so.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Not trying to put to roost your bird explanation, but in the first photo there is a light emitting blue light. You have to enlarge the photo and open your debunking eyes.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't get your point. Are you saying they are not birds?

If they are birds, who's the hoaxer? The photographer?, or the mufon rep filing the report?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
These are so obviously birds it is scary to think a "ufo investigator' could believe them anything otherwise. Lol, poor Kentucky.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Does nobody else see the blue light in the first photo. You will need to enlarge it by clicking on it in IE7. The other two photos are not clickable. Something is there, trust me.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Might pay to get JohnnyAnonymous over here to give some insight into how MUFON reporting works, as he is an accredited MUFON investigator (or somehow affiliated with them).

Take a look at the ATS Field team at the Gilliand ranch videos, especially the last one where JA shares his personal thoughts about the phenomena.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Yes TH3on3,
I see the little pretty blue light that can be anything especialy with a digital camera. But this "ufo investigator" states the "sky was empty". Not that a little blue light showed up in one of my pics of a flock of birds. He clearly is stating the birds are "ufo's". My post still stands - poor Kentucky lol!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well in my defense, I didn't read the report. But it looks to obvious to be a real report imho. Proly just more posts by those who either don't want the truth to come out, or are too ignorant to believe all of the thousands of credible witnesses and video proof.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm a MUFON Field Investigator & have found that there are many FIs who are very quick to put the Unknown-UAV tag on alot of cases & think that everything is a UFO. I looked at these photos just now & read the report her & I am just blown away that anyone could think that these flock of birds are UFOs! The mind can play tricks on you and if you go into every case thinking that the person saw a UFO, then your results will depict that they did see a UFO. I go into every case objectively (81 year to date now in PA!) & 8 out of 10 times, it is either a Hoax or a naturally occuring event. Don't think everything is a UFO and maybe we can become credible once again in the eyes of the public.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Looks like a group of starlings , we get a load of them flying in large to very large groups over here in the UK, sorry to rain (starling) poop on the OP but he should check the pictures before posting them.
They look like birds , they are birds.
Sorry

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by starcraft

Good grief, that report is almost totally incoherent and full of more spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors than I can count. Just curious, but do all MUFON reports read that way? I mean, personally when I see something that's presented that way I have a hard time taking it seriously no matter what the subject matter is. I don't have any position on this particular report because I couldn't get through it (seriously) but am just wondering if this is typical of these type of reports?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
No. Many MUFON reports read like professional accident investigation reports.

In the end, there will always be fringe elements in any group. Furthermore, in this field, and in particular on the 'new and improved ATS' there will be those ready to jump on a crazy report as a way to insinuate a general pattern.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If you ask me, no they aren't credible witnesses. I consider myself to be credible however, and those are birds heading south for winter.

Mufon is just another UFO group - therefor they benefit from UFO sightings.

Mutual UFO Network - MUFON - Dedicated to Scientific Study of UFOs
The Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) is the world's largest civilian UFO scientific reseach organization. We are dedicated to the scientific stufy of UFOs for the ...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I don't think a blanket statement about MUFON witnesses is fair here. I'm sure some are credible and some are attention seekers.

top topics

join