It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin belongs to a crazy church too! (video)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by centurion1211
Six pages of this (yet another) attempted Palin smear.

Well, look, the facts presented here seem to indicate that Palin in in league with modern day witch hunters. Not in the figurative sense, but (sadly) in literal. It's not some kind of "attempted smear", that's facts and the facts show that Palin is a bad choice as a VP.

OMG. Let me remind all of you that claim to be so petrified of Palin's religious beliefs how it really works constitutionally in the U.S.

article

The phrase "separation of church and state", which does not appear in the Constitution itself, is generally traced to an 1802 letter by Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists, where Jefferson spoke of the combined effect of the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment.

And the 1st Amendment says about religion:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . .

So, if we had to worry about anyone forcing a religion on us in the U.S. (or banning a religion), it would be congress and not the president (or the vice president
). Finally understand that Palin can't do anything about anyone's religious beliefs except her own.

In other words, constitutional proof that all this mumbo jumbo about Palin's religion and her being "only a heartbeat away from the presidency" is only a smoke screen for another smear attempt.

Mods, by your own rules, enough is enough.

[edit on 9/30/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
In Wright’s case he seems to be awfully angry at the government, even believing the government may have given people AIDS on purpose. Some think he is racist, I think he is just more inclined to racially charged discussions.

In Palin’s church's case they seem to be happy to play “Witch hunt”, try to reform homosexuals by “praying the gay away”, and have a pastor that believes in witches.

Now both sound a little off, and both believe a woman was actually impregnated whilst still being a virgin and that a man rose from a cross. If you ask me all religion is a little nutty, however Wright’s angry church seems to target the government and the rich establishment. Palin’s seems to target people who think differently than they do. The choice of which is worse is easy for me…

[edit on 30-9-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

[edit on 30-9-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Easy to see that you are another one with no interest in the truth.

Now who is it that's on a witch hunt?
Hint: check mirror.

Deny ignorance and hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Dear Centurion,

thou protestet too much. I mean, you really lost your cool here (untypical for you, I must say) and are whining to the mods.

Look, it's not about separation of church and state or about Palin free to practice Baha'i, Islam or Buddhism or any other religion barring human sacrifice. I couldn't care less. However, it's about Palin exposed as being a backward and superstitious person who hangs out with, and takes spiritual advice from, real modern day witch hunters. I can understand you are mighty uncomfortable with that. I would be.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Look up my recent post regarding my views on organized religion. Don't have time for it, so don't think I'm in any way defending it.

Merely pointing out to someone complaining of "witches"
in Palin's church that they and others like them are the ones on a "witch hunt". Just like it shouldn't matter if Obama IS a muslim, the true parts of Palin's religion should also not matter. And especially the fabricated stories shouldn't either.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Dear Centurion,

Originally posted by centurion1211
Merely pointing out to someone complaining of "witches"
in Palin's church /snip/

No, it was not about witches in her church, it was about people who are serious about identifying and confronting witches in our midst, kinda like in Salem in the good old days.

It is entirely Palin's right to be serious about finding every witch in Africa (or Alaska) and try and wring them from the devil's grip. But Centurion, try to understand that it's hard to take her seriously after all that.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Her pastor is an admitted witch hunter, what problem do you have with me finding that nutty?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
another video on Palin's religious beliefs and connections:
"Palin's Apocalypse"

newsproject.org...

Does Sarah Palin believe in the Anti-Christ? Does she believe true Christians will be whisked up to heaven sometime in the near future? Does she expect Jesus to come back to earth in our lifetimes and battle the armies of Satan? Would biblical prophecies about Armageddon influence her foreign policy positions on Israel and Russia? These are urgent questions the media have failed to ask. According to Chip Berlet, a leading expert on the Christian right, mainstream reporters tend to view apocalyptic fundamentalists as a "silly little side show" in American political life, when, in fact, one of their own may soon be a heartbeat away from the most powerful office in the world.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
charlotte.creativeloafing.com...

More on this.

"The grounds of Heritage USA are far from their former glory. A faux castle sits boarded up, like a post-Armageddon Disney World exhibit. Chunks of brick are missing from a nearby tower. The site, a testimony to the failed excesses of 1980s televangelism, bears little resemblance to the popular tourist attraction of the PTL era. But inside the old hotel, people are still praising the Lord. As long-haired musicians, mostly barefoot, play Christian rock on a recent Sunday, worshippers stream in. A younger crowd, they come dressed in the clothing they might wear to Applebee's. Hands are raised and dancing begins, and the music goes on and on.

It's here that MorningStar Ministries, a Fort Mill-based church linked to a Pentecostal movement that emphasizes miraculous healing, divine revelation, prophesy and "spiritual warfare" (including the expelling of demons from cities), has set up shop."

Perhaps someone could teach me blockquoting and such on this site. Seems backwards from every other site in the webiverse and the icons don't tell you what you're clicking before you do.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join