It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin belongs to a crazy church too! (video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Gee, look! More evidence Palin isn't quite the religious nut people paint her to be....

She has pro-choice friends.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
WTF happend to the seperation of church and state????

As long as she doesn't impose her beliefs on anyone else and doesn't bring it into the job of Vice President, then there is no infringement upon Separation of Church and State.

Her beliefs are her own, and they do not mean that the government is sponsoring a religion.

However, I have said in the past and I'll say it again, I am not comfortable having anyone in the White House - even as Vice President - who believes in a 'rapture cult'.

Sorry. That's just my preference not to have that belief system there.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Since no one has changed our system in the past, we have a couple of choices. Just a couple..(who complains and yet doesn't do anything about it?) and since I'm a Moderate... and Obama scares me, I am voting for McCain/Palin. Only, willingly, since she arrived on the scene. She is the only person in that group that I trust. She seems perfectly sane to me. She has to be somewhat sane to have kept her family together, and friends in the community adore her in spite of her profession. I don't care if she believes in God/Jesus. That's a personal thing. I don't care if she does things that are "human". I don't care if she changes her mind once in a while, or knows how she feels and what is right, and doesn't change her mind. I don't care if people are pro-life or not, or gay and married, as long as they are nice and treat the world with respect, they are fine by me. But when I listen to her speak, she is not lying to me. I have been lied to many times. She's real. It's the best choice I see for now.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am a pentecostal, only a few down south do that snake handling,

You do realize that parts of this video are from other pentecostal churches?

I have seen them before,

Pentecostals know how to have a good time, at least you wont fall asleep.

It is called praise and worship, and thanksgiving,

[edit on 033030p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
As long as she doesn't impose her beliefs on anyone else and doesn't bring it into the job of Vice President, then there is no infringement upon Separation of Church and State.

Exactly. I don't care what she believes personally. That's why I think she needs to settle this before she gets in there. Someone needs to ask her -
Would you attempt to overturn Roe V. Wade?
Do you think the government should make abortion illegal?
Do you uphold the First Amendment, stating that Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof?
Do you believe in and support the separation of church and state?

I'm very curious to hear her answers to these questions.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think those are fair questions.

That's a lot better than assuming she's a religious nut hell bent on world domination.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

no offense to any particular denomination. There are many denominations of Pentecostal, just as there are many denominations of Catholic, Baptist, etc.

The reason I posted this, was to point out that her Church can be viewed as radical, just as any other politicians. The most ironic concept though, is that it seems to be better if you belong to a radical, isolationist church - as opposed to no church at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
I don't care if she believes in God/Jesus. That's a personal thing. I don't care if she does things that are "human". I don't care if she changes her mind once in a while, or knows how she feels and what is right, and doesn't change her mind. I don't care if people are pro-life or not, or gay and married, as long as they are nice and treat the world with respect, they are fine by me. But when I listen to her speak, she is not lying to me. I have been lied to many times. She's real. It's the best choice I see for now.

You do not seem to understand the agenda. The evangelicals want the end times. Here is a documentary EVERYONE needs to watch. This is what "Joels Army" wants. Please watch this it is very important right now.

The Doomsday Code

Google Video Link

[edit on 9-9-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A few questions to Ponder

How many different religions are there?

All of which believes that their faith is the only way to salvation, Correct?
Are we all wrong?
Are we all fanatics of our own faith?

I am not going to start quoting scripture or any thing but would someone please tell me the name of the rule book for worship practices?

“In my faith Its called the Holy Bible”

[edit on 9-9-2008 by sqid4life]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

The Third Wave is a revival of the theology of the Latter Rain tent revivals of the 1950s and 1960s led by William Branham and others. It is based on the idea that in the end times there will be an outpouring of supernatural powers on a group of Christians that will take authority over the existing church and the world. The believing Christians of the world will be reorganized under the Fivefold Ministry and the church restructured under the authority of Prophets and Apostles and others anointed by God. The young generation will form "Joel's Army" to rise up and battle evil and retake the earth for God.
Dial up and videos don't like each other, so I am less likely to be hacked, but I still know how to read....
This doesn't sound that much different than Greys coming, or new age indigo children, or 2012 crap, or most new age thinking, or the jewish religion, or 141,000 lucky heaven lotto winners. This is why I am here and not in church on Sundays. But, until I hear her say something in regards to enlisting her children in this so called "Army", I will assume the best.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

This doesn't sound that much different than Greys coming, or new age indigo children, or 2012 crap, or most new age thinking, or the jewish religion, or 141,000 lucky heaven lotto winners. This is why I am here and not in church on Sundays. But, until I hear her say something in regards to enlisting her children in this so called "Army", I will assume the best.

This is a world class documentary and has nothing to do with what you are stating. It is fact...if you need to go to the library and watch it.

Wakey wakey your alarm clock is going off...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
you mean this? Looks to me like a lot of accusations with very little proof or evidence to back it up.. Looks like connecting the dots and making a theory from there...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I see you posted your own thread on this and the Doomsday Code. Were you hoping to reach non-Palin people there instead? I don't believe Washington is full of Evangelical Doomday soldiers. I believe the whole world is wondering why everything seems so crazy these days. But, I don't believe that people WANT the world to end. If they did, it seems they already have all the tools they need.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
reply to post by Stormdancer777

no offense to any particular denomination. There are many denominations of Pentecostal, just as there are many denominations of Catholic, Baptist, etc.

The reason I posted this, was to point out that her Church can be viewed as radical, just as any other politicians. The most ironic concept though, is that it seems to be better if you belong to a radical, isolationist church - as opposed to no church at all.

No offence taken,

None I have been to have been radical, I was drawn to them because I was looking for something real, opposed to a social club, a place that still believed in the gifts of the spirit, a place that was more like the first Christian might have worshiped.

I knew she would get flack for this, mainstream Christians don't feel comfortable with pentecostalism,

It can be a very frightening and powerful experience at times to a newcommer, to be in some services.

But never boring.

I must say go and experience it for yourself, when the spirit moves, there is nothing like it, call it what you will, it is still aw inspiring

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

You did not read the post carefully. I clearly stated that some of the pentecostal churches are abusing the gifts of tongues and prophecy. I was raised in one these churches, but no longer attend because I couldn't get straight answers about some of the very questions you ask in your post. I ask these questions every day. I want to know the origins of the universe, I want to know my purpose in life, and how can I be a better person. I happen to use the Bible as my primary, but not my only source for spiritual guidance and comfort. I also read Buddhist and Hindu text, as well as variouse philosophers, some who are agnostics and atheists, some who are christian.
I happen to have a strong beleifs that I developed from much personal soul searching, study, and meditation. Among these are an opposition to abortion, being in favor of the death penalty(when there is no doubt the person is guilty, i.e. dna evidence, numerous eye witnesses, etc.)
Evangelicals will ask the same questions when a world class crisis occurs that may indicate "the end of the world." They will look for solutions, and attempt to implement them. At that point, if all else fails, then I would have to suppose that it is "God's will."

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I clearly stated that some of the pentecostal churches are abusing the gifts of tongues and prophecy.

This is true, yet strange and powerful things happen, when it is real.

[edit on 053030p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Scramjet, I did not say that atheists and agnostics have no morals. But I have noticed that atheists tend to get quite vocal about any one who mentions God in public. If they don't believe then what do they have to fear.
I was raised in a Pentecostal church, and left as soon as I was old enough to tell my mother I wasn't going to attend any longer. The reason was that I could not get straight answers to the questions you pose in your post. I set out on my own journey, and have although I have drawn my personal moral code from the Bible, I have also studied and drawn from Buddhist and Hindu text, as well as various philosophers from every perspective.
I frequently ask what is the origin of the universe, where did I come from, what is my purpose in life, and how can I be a better person. As a result, I oppose abortion, am in favor of the death penalty under certain circumstances, believe in living compassionately, and helping others whenever I can. Sometimes, there are issues that come up that I have to think about, and sometimes I decide my original decision was wrong. I am not judging those who do not believe the way I do.
I have noticed that when I am asked about my views by those who are liberal, I am rarely allowed to finish a thought, and when I try, I am shouted down. That's the great thing about ATS. Here we can have long, intelligent, and (usually) civilized discussions that stimulate thinking and reevalutating.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by kettlebellysmith]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
When did it become the norm for Christians to act like they have been high on crack without sleep for 24 days, seriously believe they can talk in tongues and think that screaming like a lunatic makes you a good Christian?

I don't want to insult anyone but back in the day when I went to church, a couple of times, all we did was listen quietly and then sing a few songs. Nobody went up to get faith healed and then fainted, nobody started to talk in tongues and not even once did anyone act crazy.

Honestly, if I went up to 100 different people and started acting crazy, talking in tongues and screaming would they join in and shout praise the lord? I would be willing to bet that not even 1 person, even if all were evangelicals would join in, especially if it is in a very public place.

These weird practices seem to be spreading like cancer, I think even my granddads church in England does this now. I was talking to him and he said something about talking in tongues and that caught me off guard. He's getting on in the years so I just leave him be with his bible, candles and kumbaya.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

kettle,
I agree with a lot of what you say...

But I have noticed that atheists tend to get quite vocal about any one who mentions God in public.

Yes I have noticed that too. I think atheists fall into two categories:

1) Those who are pissed they couldn't figure out the meaning of life that they have contempt for others who think they have it all figured out.

2) Those who've studied history and have seen how religion has been used by "head honchos" over the centuries to control populations and brainwash them into following their authority.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

It is not the norm today, but it is the original,

Acts 2:13

Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

www.letusreason.org...

Let me say, this is also done in other religious cultures.

The phenomenon of speaking in tongues during ecstatic religious experiences is also known as glossolalia, and began among the first Christians.

[edit on 063030p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join