It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 11th, 2008 A day to reflect......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was taught at a very young age after my dog died; "Time Heals All Wounds."
The wounds do heal, but memories remain.

I am putting a request out to all members of ATS.

On September 11th, 2008 instead of posting theories, accusations, videos, ideas, or de-bunkings, we take the time to remember those that perished. No matter your theory, I think it is safe to say that we all know many innocent people lost their lives. Their families although healing, still have a tremendous void in their life. I think of the small children that were in 1st grade are now off to High School. Those that were in High School may be parents themselves now. I think of the parents that lost their children.
Then, I think of those on the planes, in the towers, in the Pentagon. The horrors they were forced to face. The many that jumped to their deaths instead of being burned alive. The first responders that died doing their duty.

The innocent.

If you feel compelled to post on the 911 Forum here, post a little something you may have learned about a victim or their family. Maybe you can take the time to think of where you were that day, what you did when you got home from work/ school that day. How 911 changed your life.

There is a wonderful memorial that CNN put together sometime ago with a list of all victims. Some have photo's and some have brief bio's.

September 11th A Memorial

Take a peek, and remember their families.

Thank you,

-TY-

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
As much as your opinions greatly differ from mine regarding Sept. 11 2001...

This post I can agree with wholeheartedly.

Thank You.

S/F'd

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Great thread btw

i live in England so i wasnt affected by 9/11 much and i was fairly young aswell but i can remember just before i went to school my mum was incredibly shocked and very worried but i was too young to really understand what waas going on and what such an impact 9/11 made on everyones lives.

so even though i wasnt directly affected by what happened i still feel deeply for all the families that was affected and i hope all the innocent people that died are in heaven now looking down and watching over theyre loved ones.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks guys,

I hope we can get more ATS'ers to participate.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly and enthusiastically agree and support this concept.....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have a different view.

IF I were one of the victims that day, I would want people out there to expose the true crime and shout it out loud. Especially on the day it happened.

Death is always going to happen, it is a part of life.

People that want to reflect and tone down their attitude that day in respect to the victims I totally understand, however I for the 1st time will be walking down the street with my "911 was an inside job" tshirt on, and handing out free dvd's and flyers to all that want to know more of what really happened on that day.

And this will be in HONOR of those people that died that day. And hell, I ain't even American.

Z

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnowAnd hell, I ain't even American.

Trust me, no suprise in that statement by what you said in your post. It really should be a day to remember these victim's lives... not the ones who took their lives (whoever you choose to believe did it). Be respectful of my former fellow citizens please. It should not be a day to push your view.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Respect is exactly what I am doing. Rather than just sitting on my butt complaining about it. Can you not see there is NO EGO involved in this act, it is a pure selfless act. It is not about YOU or ME, it is about exposing the crime of that day and those behind it.

I can not sit on my butt and do nothing. What are you going to do that day?

Z

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think it is a good thing to remember the victims of 9/11 and I would include the spin off victims in Iraq.

I think people on all sides of the 9/11 question would like to see these people get justice. 9/11/08 is a good day to remember their suffering and to rededicate ourselves to seeing that justice is done for them.

It will certainly rankle me though, if I see people whom I consider to be perps in the case, leading memorial services for their victims.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Although you annoy me with allot of your posts TY, I can agree with you this time around.(?)

911 touched us all, and regardless where you stand on the who and the why, we certainly should take time to reflect on the innocents that died that day and the brave who tried to save them.

InfinityO'Reilly

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ThroatYogurt

Excellent post TY!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThroatYogurt
Maybe you can take the time to think of where you were that day, what you did when you got home from work/ school that day. How 911 changed your life.
-TY-

I remember exactly where i was and what happened that day.

I received a phone call from my supervsor that planes had hit the WTC and to evacuate my office, becasue our government building might be a target.

It seemed to take forever to get out of the parking lot becasue of everyone trying to leave at once, the whole time watching the skies for airplanes.

When i got home i sat down with my wife and we watched the news the rest of the day and the following day.

Something talked about before on here is going to one of the memorials and maybe talking to witnesses.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I remember the day as if it were yesterday.
I got a call from a friend saying turn on the tv now!
So I said "what channel"? and she said "anyone of them".
I new something was wrong right away and I was scared so I turned on the tv right after the 1st plane hit.
When the second hit, I knew we were under attack.
After a few mins of watching that, I knew I had to go get my daughter from school for her safety. I called them first and they said, "we don't want to startle the kids so were suggesting parents leave their kids in school", so I said "screw you" and went to pick her up.
It was the most tragic thing I've ever witnessed because it was so close to home.
I'll pray for the family's and, never forget it could happen again.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by 4x4fun]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
TY,

While I don't agree with you (or any aliases you may have) on 9/11, I'll join you on this one. Well stated and I think the vast majority of us here will agree with you on the content of this thread.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Each day when I wake up and go about my business at work or at play and I see an American Flag I pause to reflect what happened on September 11, 2001.

As long as I live it will be in my heart and in my thoughts to never forget!

September 11th, 2001
Never Forget!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
good post, i for one will hold a silence for the victims of this tradgic event.

Im in the UK but remember it vividly, I had just went for a coffee at the office , sat down, then my department phones started ringing off the hook.. At that point i knew something was up ( working in a news office taking the live feeds from reporters around the world ).

Never to this day have i seen so much activity in the office and that includes covering the feeds for 7/7, gulf wars etc.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Some things that happened around the world on 9/11.

1. The Swedish guard in their morning gathering stood too, without their hats. The last time that they had done that was when queen Christiana died in the 17th Century.

2. The bells in all the churches in Switzerland tolled for over 5 minutes... That had NEVER happened since Switzerland was a nation.

3. A German warship, at that time in manuevers with the USS Theodore Roosevelt, broke from aside the Roosevelt, and when she returned all of the crew of the German ship had come out in their dress uniforms, they dropped the German flag, raised the American flag, and had a sign that siad "WE ARE WITH YOU".

[edit on 10-9-2008 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It was a tragic day for alot of poeple, too many innocent people lost their lives for the wrong reason. Even though im not from the US my thoughs will go out to the families that lost loved ones.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnowRespect is exactly what I am doing. Rather than just sitting on my butt complaining about it. Can you not see there is NO EGO involved in this act, it is a pure selfless act. It is not about YOU or ME, it is about exposing the crime of that day and those behind it.

I can not sit on my butt and do nothing. What are you going to do that day?

Z

Spend time with my family and loved ones celebrating the life that is my oldest son who came into this world at a time when so many were departing. Appreciating what I have and reflecting on the fact that life really is a very precious and fragile gift that each of us are allotted only a short amount of time to experience it in... and despite the bad things that happen, how blessed we really are.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Cool.

You gave birth on September the 11th 2001? Far out.

Z

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join