It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Static Sky's Cipher Game

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
must be a way, you rock! You're either a NSA agent or a wannabe! That's a great job!! Seeing how I royally fail on all the rest (after that seemingly fluke I had), you must have talent!

SpookyVince, and all other loyal players. Not to worry. Due to his dominance of my codes of late (and the general ease of which he knocked them down), I have taken steps to eliminate "must be a way" from the game. He will no longer be solving ciphers on this thread. (I'll explain later).

That said, in about 15 minutes, "Chaos" will reach 1000 points. Tonights clue, read "must be a way's" last post. He pretty much nailed it, really. And for the record, he's let me know that he's solved this one too. His good grace has him not posting it as he truly did say he didn't want to ruin it for the rest of you. (Cheers for that, "must be a way"). good luck to the rest of the players, and thank you all very much for playing.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
thanks spooky

all of this is new to me, ive only been looking at ciphers since i joined this site.
im no linguist,mathmatician or special agent!! lol
I just enjoy puzzles and always look for what other people dont see!
good luck with chaos

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hi spooky i like ya sig!!!!
talk soons

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
"Chaos" has benn at 1100 points for around a half hour now. There's no real trick to it. Just some elbow grease required. That said, here's a little something for you.....

4-3-3-2-4-5
5-3-4-2
3-9
6-3-7

Good luck all and thanks for playing.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
loving it static!!! building my posts will U2U soon!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well done Must be a way! I go away for a bit, come back and they're cracked!

To SpookyVince: I was thinking the same thing.... *shifty side to side eye movement*

Thanks again StaticSky.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
"Chaos" has been at 1200 points for an hour now. Sorry but no clue tonight. there really isn't much left to tell. The code with the key from last night and a little elbow grease should crack it wide open. good luck all. keep hammering away.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
not sure how the time thing works on ya profile???
i have changed it sveral times but it always seems to revert to other times!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by must be a way

LOL yeah I know, I've noticed... I end up being in Dubai or wherever when really this is just good old Belgium! There must be some sort of bug in it, the ATS team probably know & probably work on it. It doesn't bother me too much though...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
"Chaos" hits 1300 points in about 45 minutes. there was 'daylight savings time' here today. Don't know if everyone knows what that is or how it will affect the timing of the game but we went back an hour today and I need to keep the game on my time. Anyways, I hope someones making progress on this. Cheers and good luck all.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Surely someone else must break 'chaos' soon???
Dont you people have anything else to do at work??? lol

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
"Chaos" hits 1400 points in about 15 minutes. Someone please solve it. We have exciting things to move on to. There is another game at play here and the first one to tell me what the game is, activates it.

Also, I'm going to do some thing new here. I'll invite "must be a way" to give a clue to "Chaos" if he can think of one that doesn't give it away. (I hope I haven't lost my players due to 'must be a way's streak. Celt, Fox, Spooky, QB Sneak, Sendran....are you still with me?).

Anyways, good luck to all and thanks for playing.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
In 45 minutes, "Chaos" goes to 1500 points. It's obviously a simple substitution code. That's the easy part. The hard part is working it out. I know someone will get it done soon. Cheers and good luck.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hi all,
thanks static for ther invite to give a clue to 'chaos'.
It is actually difficult thinking of clues without giving it away!!
but here goes:

"one thing I found particular difficult in solving 'chaos' was finding the beginning."

Hope thats not too easy static?? (nor too cryptic)

good luck all

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Had some family stuff that kept me away from this for a while (and let's not forget election night last night) but it's good to be back!

Must Be A Way - WOW, I wish I could crack with that kind of ease. Alas, my brain doesn't seem to want to play nice like that!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Perfect clue. Thanks 'must be a way'. And welcome back, CeltAngel. I was hoping we hadn't lost you. Cheers!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Bah! I've been killing myself all day with Chaos. Man, I'm so out of this (not that I was ever IN it). I wish I had something constructive to say, but instead I'm going back to :w::w:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel
Bah! I've been killing myself all day with Chaos. Man, I'm so out of this (not that I was ever IN it). I wish I had something constructive to say, but instead I'm going back to :w::w:

Well that's kind of how I wrote it so sadly, you're on the right track my friend. (And thanks for staying on. I'm thankfull for having all of you 'regular players', here. You're a VIP on my thread). So "Chaos" hit 1600 nearly an hour ago.

I'll offer you this, tonight. **Pulls open deskside drawer where the 'keys' can be found** E is I. Pay attention now. you've got the cipher, the pattern and now the beginning. Cheers for playing.

And once again, 'must be a way', if you wish to add another clue, please feel free. You were perfect last time and are again welcome this time. Thanks all. Be well and good luck.

Now....back to my 'work'....:w:

[edit on 11/5/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hi all,
lets see if we can crack this one wide open. Static has already given just about every clue possible!! read back through the last couple pages!!

But maybe i can give a couple of pointers:

remember this is puzzle 4 of 4!

Im guessing cos I solved them (soz) that you probably dont have all the 'working out' that I have,
(by 'working out' I mean litrally the pages of paper I had for each cipher, doing character counts, searchin for patterns, interpreting clues and trying permutations)

review the other 3 ciphers and their solutions!

hope that helps? (I cant think of anything else I can say about it at the mo)

Good luck all

[edit on 6-11-2008 by must be a way]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I had a feeling it involved the first three - I actually have some ideas and was going back through the others to see what they told me. (Now, if the shoulder would stop bothering me long enough to do more than a half page at a time, we'd be going somewhere!)

MBAW, I'm terribly new at this - I've not solved any of any real difficulty (did one or 2 from puzzle books, that's it) before this game, so I'm feeling so terribly over my head. It's good to be back though

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join