It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Static Sky's Cipher Game

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Here is what i got:
I have never met anyone in chitchat that i imagine would willingly read this

I've numbered the alphabet and then played with the numbers of each pair untill it made some sense.

So is it correct?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

Hi. Welcome to the game and thanks for checking us out. Although you're solution fits the letter count, which I find interesting, Your solution is not correct.

Please tell me how you came to the solution and the key you are using. How am I encrypting this code? If you've really solved the key, which you must do, you should have no trouble obtaining the correct solution. Are you guessing? You're somewhat close but not there, yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"DV" hits 1000 points in 15 minutes or so. Todays clue.....

**Simple math is required for this cipher. Good luck all.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"Double Vision" hits 1100 points in about 15 minutes, and I must confess, I thought Locster would have it done by now. He was quite close. Another clue then.....

**As Locster suggested, start by numbering the alphabet. I know this one will fall soon. Thank you all for playing. Cheers.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
"DV" is at 1200 points now. Todays clue.....

***You must pay special attention to the relationship of each letter pairing. Now keep in mind yesterdays clue. Hope this triggers something for someone. Cheers, all!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
"DV" is worth 1300 points starting in about a half hour. I'm having trouble coming up with more clues that won't totaly give it away. This code is kind of clever but still pretty basic. Lets see here.....

***The double commas do indeed represent word breaks and they are in the right places.

I know it's not much of a clue but I'll try to give you something a little more helpfull tomorrow if I can. Cheers for now. And good luck.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Got it!

The answer is:
I HAVE NEVER MET
ANYONE SO
IGNORANT THAT
I COULDNT LEARN
SOMETHING FROM THEM

Edited:
Sorry, bad browser thingie... post got crunched.

I'll repost just later the complete explanation on this one...

[edit on 22-1-2009 by SpookyVince]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Right, so how did that work?

First step was to number the alphabet so that A=1, B=2, C=3, etc. I then converted the cipher in pairs of numbers rather than letters.

To keep the explanation short, I'll limit it to the first line.

This gave:
3-6,,3-5,10-9,10-12,14-9,,6-8,25-20,26-4,20-15,8-10,,25-12,18-13,5-15

I'll talk now of x-y pairs. I noticed something interesting:
in all pairs where x

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Nice work Spooky! 1300 points for you, my friend. Good explaination too. As always, thanks for that. I guess I'll have to try and come up with another cipher as soon as I can. I knew this one wouldn't get to the weekend. Cheers!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Static Sky
I knew this one wouldn't get to the weekend.

Thank my boss!

It's probably just because I was a bit bored at work today, otherwise, I'd have not checked it back before saturday...

But that was a great cipher idea, I mean I like it because actually there are a lot of different ways to encode the same message! It is quite interesting, it brings a lot of new ideas into it! By doing so, you also get us some new knowledge everytime!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thanks Spooky. I'm glad you liked that one. I'm happy too, that you also saw how the keys to this one could have been expanded and made a lot more difficult.

I used plus and minus. What if I'd added devide and multiply into the mix? And I could have added a 'rolling counter' as well. No value on the first equation, +1 on the second, +2 for the total of the third pair, +3 for the fourth....

It's a trick to fool computers since any program written would have had to have had a programer write such things to spot them. Anyways. I'm really glad you liked this one. Cheers for playing. And good luck on the next one I'll ad tomorrow or Saturday. Be well.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
*******"Vowel Waltz"*******

Ie,uI,Ue,Au,,oE,Oo,,eI,Eo,aI,Au,,iU,Aa,iO,,
uA,Aa,oO,Uu,,uO,Iu,,eA,Au,eE,Eo,oI,,
Ae,aU,Ou,,iE,Aa,iO,Ao,,uO,Io,,uA,Io,oA.

This cipher is at 500 points and counting. Good luck everyone!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hmmm...... I'm almost certain this has to do with a base 5 numbering... 2 "digits" in base 5 equals to 25 possibilities. I'm too tired right now, but if that gives a clue to anyone (and, that is, if I'm right) then good stuff! I've had my share of points, it's time someone else gets one!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You're a terrifically gracious player SpookyVince! I'm not saying anyting here, except that which I said. Cheers Vince! Good luck all.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
In a little over 20 minutes, "Vowel Waltz" moves to 600 points. I won't give a clue on it today as I suspect some of you are off to a quick start on this one, and I don't think it'll last too ling. LOL.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"VW" is at 700 ponts now. Sorry I'm late, too. Busy day at work. LOL. Anyways, a little clue to help you along....

***There are no curveballs in this code. It's pretty straight forward and it is similar to at least one code we've previously covered. Cheers.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"VW" is at 800 points now. Again, sorry but no clue today. As I said yesterday, we've covered a similar cipher to this and many things I might say could give it away. Can't make it too easy, right? Cheers everyone.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
"VW" goes up to 900 points in about 20 minutes or so. Todays clue....

***....Is a confession. I thought this cipher would fall fast because of SpookyVince's comments on his observation of it, shortly after I posted it. I confess, his observation is exactly right.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
"Vowel Waltz" is at 1000 points now! Todays clue is a simple reiteration of earlier sentiment.

***This cipher is not really new territory and is pretty straight forward. It's low on the dificulty scale and hopefully someone cracks it soon so I can put a new, better code on this weekend. Cheers, all!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"VW" moves to 1100 points in a few minutes. Todays clue....

***I called it "Vowel" for obvious reasons. I called it "Waltz" because the order of lower case and upper case alternating ultimately doesn't matter. I just thought it looked cool and hinted in misdirection at some possible pattern that doesn't need to be considered. Good luck to all.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join