It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Static Sky's Cipher Game

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Unless Static is really that good at making these up and has just been holding out on us!!!

I've actually put tons of thought into something like this. We shall see if I can ever come close. My mind LOVES things like this. Patterns that make perfect sense but are actually decieving. We see what we want to see. If it makes sense, it must be not only right but complete, right? Loads of variables need to come together perfectly, though. I hope I can surprise you all this way, one day. Cheers!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hasn't everyone had a cold lately? I'm telling you, I think my team is playing "pass the germs". It's probably a good break for our wee minds while you get back into work (first week of January is always (as my boss puts it) stinky-poo.

Looking forward to seeing y'all when the game resumes :-) Now I can't get my mind off double ciphers!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm not sure this if really fair. It won't be solved easily or conventionaly, but I wanted to show it to you anyways and get another cipher on here, while I'm still getting better.

*******"AUO"******

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOKPQRSOTUVWXYGZ

As of now, AUO" is at 500 points and counting. The most likely way this will be solved is for someone to figure out what it is based on how it looks. There really is only 1 thing this could be. I'll start you with a clue.....

**This is a substatution cipher with no real tricks.

Good luck everyone!!!!

[edit on 1/7/2009 by Static Sky]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Tricky, tricky...... I had a few immediate ideas, too bad none of them worked out :-( This may be good plane-trip fodder tomorrow. Devilish, you be! What a great way to start out the new year with this game!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
"AUO" is now at 600 points and counting. Todays clue....

It's a small code so small clues should be in order. Anyways, good luck to everyone who's working on this and be well.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
hey all....sorry been away for a long time!!!!!!!

well done celt!!!!! you seem to be well up to speed!!!!!!

I had immediate thoughts on "AOU" but proved wrong!!!! "bugger"

only got a short time today to try and figure Statics cryptic mind!!!

happy new year all!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by must be a way

Welcome back Mustbeaway!

I'm wagering your mind went to the exact same place mine did first. I guess that would have been too easy for 2009

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
In about 45 minutes or so, "AUO" goes to 700 points. Your next clue....

*** The solution represents something pretty amazing in the english language. Again, there are no real tricks at play here. Good luck!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
In about 45 minutes or so, "AUO" moves to 800 points. No clue for today. Sorry but I really can't think of anything that wouldn't give it away. Cheers and good luck.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The answer is:
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow

It is indeed an extremely simple substitution code, not even needed to explain how to do it.

However, how the idea for this came is simple: it was quite obvious that, if the substitution is simple, then either 1. the solution contained few letters, and the substitution could be a double or triple, or more (that is very difficult to find out), or 2. it is one of those "pangrams", a sentence using all the alphabet letters.

Actually this one is (as far as I'm aware) the shortest meaningful english pangram.

Good one!

[Edit:]
I forgot to mention... This clue: 6256523, made it all for me after I thought "hmm, all letters of the alphabet, most of them only once". It is actually the count of letters of each word, a clue that had been used on other ciphers in the past.

So, based on that, I googled "phrases using all alphabet letters" and found on the first result a thread on another forum discussing precisely that. One of the pangrams in the discussion is the one here above

[edit on 11-1-2009 by SpookyVince]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

You are of course, exactly right SpookyVince. And though I hadn't posted it because I'm late today, the cipher had rolled to 900 points, which should find you soon. Cheers! I'll try and add a new code tomorrow. Be well all.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Thanks Static, for whatever reason indeed it jumped to my eyes!
But before that, I must admit it was quite puzzling... Why the hell would the alphabet mean something else? lol

In between, rest well & good luck all for the future ciphers
I'm lurking hehe

[Edit:]
I've still been trying to figure out the cipher name to no avail... Where did you get that "AUO" name for it?

[edit on 12-1-2009 by SpookyVince]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
One of the shortest sentences I've seen using the entire alphabet is:

"Glum Schwartzkopf vex'd by NJ IQ"

To me, it fits better than others because he was born in NJ

(Plane just landed an hour ago from a wekeend away and what's the first thing I do at home? Check ATS of course!)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

A, U and O are the only letters repeated in the sentance. Other than that, every letter of the alphabet is used just once. Congrats again.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Alright, I've got another one for you. I'm kind of proud of myself on this one.....

****Double Vision****

CF,,CE,JI,JL,NI,,FH,YT,ZD,TO,HJ,,YL,RM,EO,,
GF,DJ,ZA,FI,EI,AD,,FM,WH,,
TK,BE,UG,EJ,XF,NM,CL,YE,,JJ,NF,IH,VB,,
SJ,,OL,QB,FO,WK,NJ,GG,ZF,,PD,YT,RQ,HJ,VH,,
DO,UF,FG,SN,IK,TL,VM,XJ,CD,,TN,II,GH,XK,,HL,RJ,VQ,EH,,

I hope I didn't make any mistakes on this one. It took me a bit to get a good feel for it.

As of now, "DV" is worth 500 points and counting. Good luck everyone!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In about 20 minutes, "DV" goes to 600 points. A clue.....

**Each letter pairing represents only 1 letter. You will not be able to find a pairing pattern in this cipher though.

Good luck everyone!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
In 15 minutes, "DV" rises to 700 points. Another clue.....

**I believe this cipher looks much tougher than it is. The solution is actually rather elementary. Good luck to all! Be well.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Im sure you are right celt...my instant thoughts on seeing the code AOU was the quick brown fox??

I didnt have the time or to be honest the thought to google for other pangrams!!

well done spooky!!!!!!

trying to create a code to match static's tho time seems very slim for me at the moment

havent even read Statics latest cipher cos I nwill become distracted and want to try and solve it!!
good luck all

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
"Double Vision" is now at 800 points. For your clue today, a somewhat cloudy question.....

***What can be said regarding how each letter pairing relates to itself? What is the basis of each letter pairing and how do some pairings differ from others?

Good luck to all and as always, thanks for playing.

[edit on 1/16/2009 by Static Sky]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
"Double Vision" is at 900 points now. Sorry but no clue today. I hope someone's getting close on this one. Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join