It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Static Sky's Cipher Game

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Thanks static
giving out the vowels, I guess, was making it a bit too easy. Anyway, even though I'm surprised no one got it before me, I suppose it's deserved maybe

3hrs30 from it, I wish you all a good & merry Christmas! I am looking forward to the next cipher.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Cheers SpookyVince! The points are very deserved! Well done my friend!

******MERRY CHRISYMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!********

And all the best in the new year!!!! Cheers, all!!!! And be well!!

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Congrats, Spooky. I just woke up after my 3 day stretch of working and hurried to the computer to see where we were at on this latest cipher. You guys are too quick for me.

Happy holidays everyone. Looking forward to a new year of cipher solving with all of you.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
WOW, Merry Christmas (points ;-) ) Great job! I keep learning and learning from all of you - thank you

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all

What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus?
Claustrophobic.

And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.
Dr. Seuss

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Happy holidays, everyone!! Sorry but there will be no new code until maybe Sunday. We've still got lots of family stuff to do and you know, 'tis the season....

Be well and enjoy your Christmas. I'll get a new code up as soon as I can. Cheers!!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Hehehe

No worries Static, at least that guarantees us a full weekend without eadaches (not counting on beer to flaw that plan though) :w:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
******AZ******

PJCCNKJEIHPLXRLXXH
SJFBZABEJPXAJAXRJ
LXRJQJRFKBZMIZMAXXHP
ZBNORJIPBSKXRJ

As of now, "AZ" is at 500 points and counting. Good luck to everybody!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
In about 40 minutes, "AZ" will be worth 600 points. Here is your first clue on this one.....

**In this code, there are no curveballs, so to speak. All actual characters represent real letters in the solution and every one is used. Good luck everyone!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Strangely enough, I think I may be on to something. No sense in jinxing it though, last time I thought this way, I was SO far off!

Happy almost-New Year!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
"AZ" is now 700 points. Tonights clue.....

***Review "Bipolar"*** Good luck eveyone and thanks for playing!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
"AZ" is at 800 points. Sorry I'm late, again, but hey....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but no clue tonight because I can hardly even see the screen. All my best to all of you and yours in 2209!!!! Thanks for playing our little game, everyone! I'm having a riot here! Cheers to you all and keep up the great work!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Obviously I meant 2009.
Though I do hope your descendants have a great 2209. I hope I didn't just jinx us all for the next 200 years. :bnghd: Happy New Year!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Aw darn, and I was hoping to time travel! Oh well!

Happy new year to all
Here's to a fantastic 2009

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
"AZ" is 900 points now. The clue for tonight.....

**The title, as always is a good clue. And we've established that this is a substatution code through the other clues. So what could a key look like with A and Z beside each other? Good luck all.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
"AZ" goes to 1000 points in a little over one hour. Tonights clue....

***...Is a promise that the key I made for this code, as with the keys I make for most codes (but for 'Chaos'), has a very definate pattern to it. Once you understand how A and Z can be together, you should be able to count them off. Good luck everyone and thanks for playing.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
(EDIT - REALLY, why won't the spacing come out right? *cries* I'm just not sure how to make it come out right
)

Well, I've been away for a day or 2 (on the BB, but not really posting), but I think I've got it! really, Static, that "Bipolar" clue was too much!!!

Original:
PJCCNKJEIHPLXRLXXH
SJFBZABEJPXAJAXRJ
LXRJQJRFKBZMIZMAXXHP
ZBNORJIPBSKXRJ

Solution:
SELL THE KIDS FOR FOOD
WE CAN MAKE SOME MORE
FOR EVER CHANGING MOODS
NATURE IS A WHORE

Started with the letter J as a sub for E (there were more J's than anything in the cipher).

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
---------------------E--------------------------------

After that, I took "NKJ" in the first line and made it the word "the". I did try a permutation with LXR as "the" but then that didn't make sense later on.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
---------------------E-H-----T-----------------------------

From there, I got the "Bipolar" clue, so I split the alphabet into 2

A B C D E F G H I J K L M
---------------------E-H----

After that, I assigned a number to each letter

A-B-C-D-E-F--G-H-I--J---K---L--M--N--O--P--Q--R---S--T--U--V--W--X--Y--Z
1-2--3-4-5-6--7--8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26

And I started playing with substitutions that would fit the already established pattern of

A B C D E F G H I J(E) K(H) L M
------------------------5----8-----

And (after a few pages) I came on (for the first half of the alphabet)

A---B---C---D---E---F---G---H---I---J---K---L---M
13--1---12--2---11--3---10--4---9---5---8---6---7
M---A---L----B---K---C---J---D---I---E---H---F---G

or in simpler terms, starting with the B as A, skipping a letter (to add in B, C, etc) down to L (F) and then back up the line starting with M.

After that, I went through a similar process to find out T's place in line at N and came up with

N--O---P--Q--R--S--T---U--V--W--X--Y--Z
20-21-19-22-18-23-17-24-16-25-15-26-14
T---U---S--V--R--W--Q--X--P--Y--O--Z---N

*whew* One of my geratest fears is that I'll have ended up finding some alternate cipher hidden within this one! You know, instead of S=W, it would really be S=B or something random like that.

So, what do we say? And really, if this is it, where on earth did that quote come from?

*Le Sigh*, I weep for my long forgotten sanity.

[edit on 1/2/2009 by CeltAngel]

[edit on 1/2/2009 by CeltAngel]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel
And really, if this is it, where on earth did that quote come from?

Otherwise, good job! I suppose there can't be 2 different codings that would bring up intelligible text... You must have it

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Unless Static is really that good at making these up and has just been holding out on us!!!

Thanks

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Awesome work, Celt!!! And good job explaining it, as always. 1000 points will find you soon. As for the verse and where it came from..... I'm a super huge fan of Nirvana and of course Kurt Cobain. That band is nearly a religion for me. These lines were written by Kurt, from the song, "In Bloom". I changed 'Weather changes moods', for 'Forever.....' and rearranged it a bit.

Sell the kids for food. Weather changes moods. Spring is here again. Reproductive glands. (Chorus) He's the one who likes all our pretty songs. And he likes to sing along. And he likes to shoot his gun. But he don't know what it means. Don't know what it means. And I say yeah. (x2) We can have some more. Nature is a whore. Bruises on the fruit. Tender age in bloom. (Chorus) (x2)

Above are the origional song lyrics, in proper arrangement.

I'll try to add a new cipher as soon as I can but it could be a little bit. I'm getting over a terrible cold and I'm back to work Monday for a week that proves to be the most hectic of the year. Anyways, congratulations CeltAngel and thank you all for continuing to play. Happy New Year!

[edit on 1/3/2009 by Static Sky]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join