It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Static Sky's Cipher Game

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Holy.....did I get it???

When the end of your quest
Sends you back to
The beginning
Gather it's lessons

For the record, I got absolutely ZERO done at work today.

Here's what I did.

I've been gone a few days, so first I went back and checked out the clues (although so help me, I didn't see the I=E clue until too late).

First, as with Bipolar, I just dropped all the lower case letters.

Then, Using the "numbered" clue, I divided up all the letters accordingly:

BCIE-TCI-IEJ-HZ-MHQA-YQIXT
XIEJX-MHQ-DOWN-TH
TCI-DISPEEPES
SOTCIA-PTX-FIXXHEX

Counting letters, I had the most so I made that E

Looking for patterns I saw TCI twice. Again, in Bipolar, Static used the same letter to substitute for the same thing, so I made TCI=THE

After that, it was brute force for a while, concentrating on the 2 and three letter words. The first was TH, which I assumed could only be TO.

Having H solved for helped me place S for X (using the FIXXHEX string) just because it made more sense than a lot of other letters that went there.

This went on for a WHILE. I used the smaller words to help me figure out the bigger words.

So, what do you think?

static, if I'm right, were you drinking when you made this up? I need one (or 7! and a pack of hair dye to cover the gray!) after working this out today!

EDIT to put the cipher in italics for easier readability

[edit on 11/6/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Brilliant job, CeltAngel! Thanks for the detailed explaination, as well. 1600 points will find you soon, I'm sure. And regarding your question at the bottom of the post, perhaps....just a tad, you know. LOL. Nothing out of the ordinary. Cheers for playing my friend.

I'll let you all in on a little secret later this evening. Be well.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Excellent Job Celtic!!!

It was tough not being able to find a pattern to the key as bits started to fall into place!

Well done tho

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by must be a way

Thanks, must be a way!

Once I got the first couple letters, the rest was easy. As I'm still learning this stuff, it's just finding that first couple letters I'm working on. I've figured out a few puzzles, so maybe I'm getting the hang of it?

(naaaah, I'm just lucky)

[edit on 11/6/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Alright, folks. The special game I've been hinting at. There are a toatal of 20 'scrap letters' I mixed into the 4 codes. As of now, "Scrap" is worth 500 points.

This is the first game where I ask you all to find the cipher and then solve it. I hope this works. It's a small test for greater things to come.

In case you're wondering, "Must be a way" has already solved this one to. More good stuff to follow soon, folks. But first things first. Good luck and thank you all for playing. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Furthermore, I'll invite "Must be a way" to post a clue for "Scrap" at his discretion. Cheers all.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hey all,

Good luck with 'Scrap'!!

once you have found all 20 letters you WILL need a clue!

so to help you all get started here it is;

-whats the word

good luck all

happy solving

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by must be a way

That's perfect! Thanks, 'must be a way'. I hope someone cracks this pretty quickly but I think it could prove a bit tricky. Good luck all.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So how's it going???

anyone got progress yet?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sorry folks, I'm late (as usual). "Scrap" has been at 600 points for about an hour now. I can't offer you anything tonight but my best wishes and sincerest thanks for playing. Be well, all. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
'Scrap' is at 700 points. Sorry but no real clue tonight unless 'must be a way' wishes to add one. (I'm tied up with family things). Cheers all.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
'Scrap' has been at 800 for awhile now. Sorry once again for the late update. To make it up to you, here are the 'players' involved in 'Scrap'.

From "The Wheel"....cevtr
From "2Z"....stiha
From "Bipolar"....adtwh
And from "Chaos"....aowte

So there's all the players now....
-Whats the word?

Good luck everyone! Cheers for playing.

[edit on 11/9/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed that I have all the right letters...although I had at least one out of place. Maybe that's what's been konfoozing me *back to the paper!*

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"Chaos" is 900 points and counting. The clue is the question.....

-Whats the word?

I hope someone catches on to this. Good luck all. Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
keep going celt!! it is slightly different from the rest but isnt really any harder.
I was going to post a clue but didnt want to takeaway from the challenge!

good luck

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
In less than 1 hour, "Scrap" hits 1000 points. I can only give the one clue on this one, as I don't want to subtract from the challenge, either. Anyways, good luck and thanks for playing.

-Whats the word?

[edit on 11/11/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"Scrap" is at 1100 points. I hope someone is getting somewhere with this. Not much more I can give you. You've got the letters (order isn't important), you've got the 'big clue', and I know you've got the ability. Not to subtract from anything but all that's left is the solution. Good luck all.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
"Scrap" hit 1200 points alittle bit ago.

If I may be so bold....take this clue and stare at it for about 5 minutes. EVERY character of it. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Please hear me now. ALL characters on this line are usefull...

-Whats the word?

(If any character is not usefull, it's the very last one only). I hope this gets cracked soon but I know it's easy to see when you already know the answer. I also know your doing your best, so good luck and thanks for playing.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hi all,
rather than an exact clue!!!! I thought I would post a hint as to the methodology that broke it for me!!!

"re-write all the letters from the previous puzzles (as stated by static order is unimportant) re-write the clue.....what do you see???"

good luck all

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
"Scrap" hits 1300 points in about a half an hour from now. Keep on keeping on and I'll make an open invitation to 'Must be a way' to go ahead and post no more than one clue a day (IF he has any to offer. This clue is not too crazy so it's hard to give more clues), until the code is solved. Like I said, keep on keeping on and good luck to all. Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join