It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Coming and 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'd like to pass along a theory I heard and would like everyone's opinion on the subject.

Using the Bible as a timeline, the Book of Malachi was written about 400 years before the coming of John the Baptist and the birth of Christ. In essence, it was the last prophecy before 400 years of "quiet" on the Biblical front.

The King James version of the Bible was published in 1611. If you consider it the one true English version of the Bible, you could consider it to be the last "prophecy" of the New Testament.

Adding 400 or so years to the publication of the KJV, you arrive at 2012.

While "no man knows the hour when the Lord will return", you could consider that there would be signs that it would be coming awfuly close.

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Just throwing it out there as food for thought.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
good one. maybe it could be the next coming.
but like everything we don't understand we would either kill him/her or lock them in a looney bin.

the world is to far gone now. the church would hide it and if he/she said something not beneficial to the church he/she would be either killed or hidden away.

besides he/she may already be here. would we know.

jesus done miracles that would be portraid as common street magic nowa days.

we would need something big to happen to sway us like the film the second coming.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
good one. maybe it could be the next coming.
but like everything we don't understand we would either kill him/her or lock them in a looney bin.

the world is to far gone now. the church would hide it and if he/she said something not beneficial to the church he/she would be either killed or hidden away.

besides he/she may already be here. would we know.

jesus done miracles that would be portraid as common street magic nowa days.

we would need something big to happen to sway us like the film the second coming.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Ye i agree the world is just too afraid but i hope somwthing happens on 2012 nothing like a world disaster though something like a second coming would be good.

its funny aswell cause i think i had a dream about 2012 last night.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What about the translations that aren't in english? What if you add 400 years to those translations, what do you get then?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Actually, the King James Version has MANY errors in it so I would not count on that. Jesus real return date is around Sept-Oct 2015.
Although, 2012 is the start of the great tribulation (last half).

There are so many reasons for this date calculation that I have tabulated in a paper I wrote that is some 60 pages long, too long to post.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'll be happy to see 2013 tick over. Maybe then, people will put their attention and energy into the Now instead of hoping 2012 will magically fix or end their lives and the world's problems.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
That was one of those very intresting simularities. Thanks for having the free time on your hands to play around with such thoughts.

People should understand: (if they are so inclined to believe such)

The bible doesn't ever say no man knows the time when the end of the world will happen. Nor does it say no man will know the time that the christ is set to return. In fact what is misquoted and misunderstood is the statement that "no man knows the DAY or HOUR of the return of the christ"..

That's not to say the time frame can't be known. IN FACT, those that actually know anything about the scriptures shouldn't make such errors in logic as "Jesus" said in the same statement that the "Day or Hour" comment is taken from that EVERYMAN can tell the season of his retruning. Jesus likened it to being able to Judge the changing of the seasons. Jesus also said that he would return to Judge at the end of the age.

Understanding that the 2012 phenomenon is a seven year process, it's clear to see this is the time frame that the christ is set to return. Sure no man knows the day or hour, but the end of the age we do know and the change of the season we do know and that's 2012ish.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDog1974
Using the Bible as a timeline,

Which has no definitive timeline per say, but sure...

the Book of Malachi was written about 400 years before the coming of John the Baptist and the birth of Christ. In essence, it was the last prophecy before 400 years of "quiet" on the Biblical front.

How did you arrive at this date? What is the significance of the Book of Malachi to Christ's arrival? Why not count from Isaiah which foretells of Christ's coming? Or Exodus being the old law versus the fulfilled law?

The King James version of the Bible was published in 1611. If you consider it the one true English version of the Bible, you could consider it to be the last "prophecy" of the New Testament.

How so? What prophesies were established in 1611 that were not in the original writing?

Adding 400 or so years to the publication of the KJV, you arrive at 2012.

How does 400 years or so + 1611 = 2012? Isn't 2012 "end of the world" scenario in relation to the end of the Mayan calendar? What does the Mayan calendar have to do with Christianity?

While "no man knows the hour when the Lord will return",

I apprecate your ability to discount your argument with a Biblical quote.

you could consider that there would be signs that it would be coming awfuly close.

We seem to be having an absence of signs at the moment. I think it'd take another century for them to show and come to fruition, but as you'd quoted, "no man knows".

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Just throwing it out there as food for thought.

Keep them coming! The questions are there for address or critical thinking.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Understanding that the 2012 phenomenon is a seven year process, it's clear to see this is the time frame that the christ is set to return. Sure no man knows the day or hour, but the end of the age we do know and the change of the season we do know and that's 2012ish.

Thanks for the kudos...

How is 2012 a seven year process? I don't believe I've ever heard that one.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Keep them coming! The questions are there for address or critical thinking.

S4G, good to hear from you!

Let me see about answering your responses...

- Malachi is the last book written in the Old Testament. There were no other books written after it that are included in the OT, therefore I consider it to be the last "proclamation" from God before John the Baptist showed up on the scene.

- The KJV is the true word of God for the English speaking people, in essence the "last" word from God from a Biblical standpoint. Prophecy was probably not the right word to use...

- 401 years from 1611 is 2012. While not trying to tie it to the Mayan calendar, I find it interesting how the numbers add up. I have other mathematical ideas as well, but those are for other discussions.

While "no man knows the hour when the Lord will return",

I apprecate your ability to discount your argument with a Biblical quote.

I appreciate it. However, I think you can have a general idea of when the Lord will return. For example, I plan on being home from work tonight. However, I don't know the exact time, but you can figure a general timeframe from things happening around you. Hope that makes sense.

you could consider that there would be signs that it would be coming awfuly close.

We seem to be having an absence of signs at the moment. I think it'd take another century for them to show and come to fruition, but as you'd quoted, "no man knows".

I think we may be seeing plenty of signs...more earthquakes, coming wars, etc.

Thoughts? I enjoy a good discussion with like-minded believers.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

S4G, good to hear from you!

Likewise! I'm glad to hear you 'stepping out' on this thread. It's a bold assertion, which really grabbed my attention.

- Malachi is the last book written in the Old Testament. There were no other books written after it that are included in the OT, therefore I consider it to be the last "proclamation" from God before John the Baptist showed up on the scene.

I can understand that reasoning.

- The KJV is the true word of God for the English speaking people, in essence the "last" word from God from a Biblical standpoint. Prophecy was probably not the right word to use...

If I told you it wasn't the last word, would you believe me?

- 401 years from 1611 is 2012. While not trying to tie it to the Mayan calendar, I find it interesting how the numbers add up. I have other mathematical ideas as well, but those are for other discussions.

Here's the thing though, you said 'about 400' which I'm guessing is in between 351 and 449 (numerical roundings). So...could it be 1962 to 2060?

(Speaking of coincidence, after doing the math it freaked me out. About two months ago, I took an old photo from a Civil Defense meeting and added a speech bubble that said, "I guess what I'm trying to say is the world is going to end on or before 1962. Funky coincidence.)

I appreciate it. However, I think you can have a general idea of when the Lord will return. For example, I plan on being home from work tonight. However, I don't know the exact time, but you can figure a general timeframe from things happening around you. Hope that makes sense.

Yep, the clarification is appreciated...though that phrase, "like a thief in the night" sounds pretty quickly. I'm still bouncing in-between, "are we going to know ahead of time or will it happen all at once?" I think many of us are and for good reason.

Time will tell, though personally I hope I'm the one who's right.

I like the chutzpah you'd brought to answering my accosting questions. Iron sharpens iron, as they say. There aren't many who are willing to substantiate these kinds of claims. It shows geniune thought put into the proposition.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

How so? I'd love to hear the reasoning...

Yep, the clarification is appreciated...though that phrase, "like a thief in the night" sounds pretty quickly. I'm still bouncing in-between, "are we going to know ahead of time or will it happen all at once?" I think many of us are and for good reason.

Agreed.

Time will tell, though personally I hope I'm the one who's right. No offense

No offense taken. Either way, it's a good thing with the Second Coming!

I like the chutzpah you'd brought to answering my accosting questions. Iron sharpens iron, as they say. There aren't many who are willing to substantiate these kinds of claims. It shows geniune thought put into the proposition.

Appreciate the kudos. I've followed some of your other threads and am impressed with your thinking.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Understanding that the 2012 phenomenon is a seven year process,

How is 2012 a seven year process? I don't believe I've ever heard that one.

If you can picture the empty tube that tolietpaper use to wrap around it is helpful here.

We live on our planet in our solarsystem. Our solarsystem resides in an "outer spiral arm" of our galaxy. It often escapes people when thinking of the scope of the galaxy that our "spiral arm" has dynamic properties itself.

The outer spiral arm that our solarsystem floats in is in and of itself a spiralling tube. It is a sideways vortex. Our solarsystem isn't just floating it's surfing the wave of the inner tube of the spiral arm. To go once around is the 26000 year great cycle.

The spiral arm tube rests above and below the radial plain of the gravitaional galatic horizonal disk. The galatic gravitiaional plain disk (GGPD) is speculated to be very thin. It's where the most power of the gravitiaional forces for the galaxy eminate from.

the GGPD cuts the spiral arm tube through the center. So as we surf through the spiral arm we pass through the GGPD once coming down and once going back up. The last time we passed through the GGPD was about 13000 years ago, commonly known as about 10500bce, it is where our society has been able to see back to in human civilization.

Mankind's histroy on this planet and societal groupings have existed long past the 10500bce date, but the planet has regular cycles of cleansing that removes mankind off the planet to nearly null.

anyway approaching the GGPD takes about 20 years, moving through the GGPD takes about 7 and then moving away takes another 20.

So if you picture our solarsystem as a surfer surfing a might wave that goes on for ever in a circle, that solarsurfer takes about 7 years to move from tip of his surfboard to the top of his head through the plate thin center cross point, GGPD, also known as the galatic horizon.

Much of what I'm talking about can be found in the Horizon Project's Documentary.

Are there any other questions?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
More info that might be useful to know!

So if you have your toletpaper tube to represent our spiral arm and hour our solar-surfer rides the seemingly never ending wave, you have two points at 13000 years. The full cycle takes 26000 years, and this is known as the galatic or great year.

If you then take your tube and realize there are two points where our solar-surfer would be the farest point away from the GGPD. Therefore you have a circle with 4 points, just like our "earth year", it is broken down into 4 "seasons". Each galatic or great season takes 6500 years. Strangely this is the point where our curent civilization is assumed to start with the jews and the bible.

A season can be broken down into 3 "great months" also known as ages, like age of aquarius, for a total of 12 ages in a great cycle.

Jesus said: he'd return at the end of the age and at the changing of the cycle. That is right in line with the 2012 phenomenon. Though, is sudegest in stead of Jesus people focus on Yoga. Although yoga will not help you to survive the upcoming events it will make it easier to put your head between your legs and kiss your assets goodbye.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

[

S4G, I was wondering what you meant by this comment? Can you elaborate please?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
According to the bible mathew 24,7. it states when the end will come .nation will rise against nation and kingdom will rise against kingdom ,in other words the world will be at war.
When was the world first at war, at world war 1,that is why it is so called,.
Now it also says this generation will not pass away until the end comes, so those born before the world war 1 ,(this generation) as of now will be 1913 to 2008, 95 years old, how many people are there left alive since 1913 throughout the world?,every day some are dying. Maybe new technology will allow us to live for many many more years ,and so push the date further forwards but this only applies to those treated who are already 95 years plus of age
It also states in mathew 24, the signs of the times we are now experiencing,earth quakes ,pestilence on a large scale. more people have died from the years 1900 to 2000 ,than the whole of history from creation up until 1899 added together.
21,12,2012 or 23,12,2012, is a date passed down from the mayans, It looks like we are living in exciting times,and so finding out as much as possible whether its 2012 or the end times is just around the corner,lets keep searching.

new topics

top topics

join