It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested for wearing saggy pants...in front of his driveway

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It is laws like these that make my mind go, huh. For heaven sakes, we need to have laws about dress code. Are we all in high school still. These are the silly laws that the ACLU actually needs to get involved in. There was an ordnance in the township I lived in that you had to have your car parked in your garage at all times and if your door was up you got a 250 dollar fine. So what are you supposed to do when you have three cars for your family and only a two car garage, and what if you are working in the garage with paint or fixing your vehicle and you need to have the door up for the fumes. It is idiot laws like these that is going to spurn the revolution when it comes.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
whoever came up with this law is the EPITOME of a control freak. :shk:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
saggy pants are supposed to be "cool" because it supposedly means that you have been in prison and you lost so much weight that when you got out your pants no longer fit.

so in their minds being an ex con is "cool"

it doesn't get more stupid than that fellas.

You watch far to much misinforming news.
It's more about aesthetics which are quite opinion oriented.
What gives a governing body the right to choose what aesthetics should be alowd and which shouldn't?

Instead of outlawing cloths why doesn't spend time on issues that matter?

p.s wearing loose fitting pants is also much more comortable.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

the law is the law. ignorance is no excuse for it.
he said he was in front of his driveway, well maybe so but he was still on the sidewalk which makes it public property.
saggy pants are supposed to be "cool" because it supposedly means that you have been in prison and you lost so much weight that when you got out your pants no longer fit.

so in their minds being an ex con is "cool"

it doesn't get more stupid than that fellas.

I for one personally hate the style and think it is the most ridiculous law which can be manipulated by the police for just what it is. A business venture to make more revenue.

They didn't need to pass a law like that. His pants weren't hanging past his ass. His waistband was showing. If their asses are out then fine,you can warn them or arrest them for indecent exposure,whuch I believe is already a law.

If you want to get technicall,I too can manipulate the wording of the law.In the video the officer said its illegal to have skin showing. If this is the case, he himself should be arrested for having that big pumpkinhead unclothed. The skin of his face was visible and that might be offensive to others.

I'll agree that the style is useless,not for what it represents, but for the indecency part. I personally don't want to see someone's can hanging out because it's unsightly.Overall view is that it's an unjust law and if people such as yourself agree with these menial laws they make, it's only a mater of time before we're all slaves or in jail.Freedom of choice,expression,speech.How would you feel as an adult if somebody forbid you to wear what you like???

[edit on 9-9-2008 by 19DCW71]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

So what happens if he walks out wearing a pair of board shorts? is that ok?

I'm sorry...what is a board shorts? regardless if your boxers show you broke the law...c'mon! it is so easy to not get arrested people!
that is seriously one of the spudidest laws i've ever heard. Seriously,that is backwards and a little retarded. You can't show boxer shorts slightly above your pants/trousers,yet you can carry a gun.

it's a crazy old world. Hope the case gets thrown out of court for being stupid.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yeah, you hear the jokes but never would think that it would be true until now!

:bnghd:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

he broke the law.
that is sufficient in my opinion.
or is breaking the law not doing "anything wrong"?

if they didn't like the law they should have voted against it...ya think?

One more point I forgot to make.Why aren't all our Law enforcement and elected state and govt officials being held responsible for the breaking of the law?

Illegal immigration violates every right of every American citizen. Isn't there a war on terror? Every one of these people could be a potential terrorist.They manipulate American laws w/the help of state agencies.

Violation of the law w/help from NY State

These agencies should be holding them accountable for their actual crime of violating our laws w/disregard.Instead they assist them because it's all about making money on Americans whom they can hold hostage by means of personal property they own. This is nothing more than slave master tactics.

Every one involved should be held accountable for aiding and abetting a criminal,Harboring a fugitive,any crime an illegal committs and above all Treason. Giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

What obout Gov't Spitzer. Wasn't he having affairs w/hookers? Prostitution is illegal and he was prosecuting people to the fullest extent for the same acts he himself was comitting. HYPOCRITE.After that Gov patterson was elceted into office and days later admitts to having an affair for years. If you want to get technical about the law.Both Govs should have been prosecuted.

Section 255.17 Adultery A person is guilty of adultery when he engages in sexual intercourse with another person at a time when he has a living spouse, or the other person has a living spouse.

Adultery is a class B misdemeanor.

Didn't they also have children??

Section 260.10 Endangering the welfare of a child

A person is guilty of endangering the welfare of a child when:

1. He knowingly acts in a manner likely to be injurious to the physical, mental or moral welfare of a child less than seventeen years old or directs or authorizes such child to engage in an occupation involving a substantial risk of danger to his life or health.

The LAW is the LAW, only when it's convenient for certain factions to imply and benefit from it!!!!

If you ask me,There should be harsher penalties for elected officials and law enforcement who knowingly break the laws they were trained in to uphold. The sentence should be triple considering they KNOW the law and WILLINGLY broke it. Watch how fast they change their corrupt ways. Instead they are given a get out of jail free card. You think this is justifiable?

After all, you said and I quote

the LAW is the LAW. ignorance is no excuse for it.!!!!!!

[edit on 9-9-2008 by 19DCW71]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wow. What a load of pathetic crap. Whats next?

*Cop pulls me over*

Cop: "Sir do you know why I pulled you over?"
Me: "No, sir.... I was following the speed limit."
Cop: "What color shirt are you wearing, sir?"
Me: "What? Oh, sir, its a blueish/gray, I'd say."
Cop: "Sir, it looks blue to me."
Me: "Okay.....So?"
Cop: "Sir, its a wednesday, blue is against the law on wednesdays. Do you have a red shirt on you? If you replace your clothing immediately, i'll be the good cop and let you go."
Me: "Wait, what? No, I don't have a red shirt."
Cop: "Sir please step out of your vehicle, i'm going to take you into custody for violating the law."

Stupid America. They'll pay for this one day. The country is slowly destroying themselves with idiocy, ignorance and stupidity.

I'm moving out of the country when I finish college...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So where do you draw the line?

Why not just wear boxer's around town, how about wearing your tighty whities or briefs? Why wear any outer clothes at all????

People have gotten so stupid, disrespectful and have a total lack of common sense anymore.

It is quite stupid we have to make a law to make people dress appropriatly when outside their home, but since they can;t seem to do it on their own I guess it's needed.

Are laws like these causing us to lose our rights? Do laws like this bring us closer to a totaltarian government? No, Its not the laws.

Whats dragging down this country and pushing us in that direction ISN'T the laws it's peoples LACK OF ABILITY to govern themselves buy having no common sense anymore.

Act like a stupid fool and disrespect society and "someone" will make a law for you.

The only people who seem to wear their clothes like that are punks or wanna be punks. Their also seems to be alot of them on this board.

Control yourself or they will do it for us.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

People can wear whatever they wan't. Simple.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Yes, you may wear whatever you want.

If you wear something inappropriate in public you will pay for it.

Be as ignorant as you want to be.

You have freedom of speach also but go yell FIRE in a theatre and see what happens.

I guess common sense isn't common anymore.

Thats proven on forums everyday.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Im so tired of seeing men's dang tighty whities, and boxers- their whole ass with the pants belted underneath! I wish thet would arrest those girls with the the jeans so low you see thier butt crack and thong.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

So you'd have someone arrested for they're fashion?
From your avatar which I'm assuming is a caricature of you I'd say your a slightly goth influenced alternative kind of person.
So what if someone decides pink hair is offensive and outlaws it?

I bet you'd change your tune pretty quickly.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Yes, you may wear whatever you want.

If you wear something inappropriate in public you will pay for it.

Be as ignorant as you want to be.

You have freedom of speach also but go yell FIRE in a theatre and see what happens.

I guess common sense isn't common anymore.

Thats proven on forums everyday.

Yelling fire in a theatre is totally different to a man wearing saggy pants, get that in your head.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivzm
reply to post by raven bombshell

So you'd have someone arrested for they're fashion?
From your avatar which I'm assuming is a caricature of you I'd say your a slightly goth influenced alternative kind of person.
So what if someone decides pink hair is offensive and outlaws it?

I bet you'd change your tune pretty quickly.

I was playing devils advocate, actually. I dont think the cops have any business arresting people for clothing alone- maybe indecency for lack of clothing. I do wish the fad would die off, though. Just my opinion. I doubt saggy pants wearers care about my opinion. I dont care if someone thinks I look freaky with my pink hair and black alien eyes either. But at least I dont walk around with my butt hanging out of my pants.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raven Darkflight
this is ridiculous!!! so what if he wore his pants a little low.
the guy didn't do anything wrong!!!

he broke the law.

"There are just laws and there are unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that an unjust law is no law at all... One who breaks an unjust law must do it openly, lovingly...I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the very highest respect for law."
- MLK

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raven Darkflight
this is ridiculous!!! so what if he wore his pants a little low.
the guy didn't do anything wrong!!!

he broke the law.

People like you absolutely disgust me

What is wrong with people like you? Do you constantly need someone else to tell you how to live your life and what you can and can't do?

So lets say the gov't decides that they don't like people wearing the color blue. As a result they make wearing blue illegal. Would you stand idley by and cheer on the cops for arresting people because they "broke the law."

Or what if they make a law saying on Mondays you can't wear hats. I suspect you'd have no problem with hat wearers being arrested because "they broke the law."

Again, you make me sick. I hope you get a nice taste of police brutality via a boot in the teeth.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by ben420]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join