It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons to be thankful...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Here is a list, in no particular order, of some reasons that come to mind of why my wife is perfect... The list should and could be larger, but in the spirit of keeping in mind that the less you say is often times more powerful as a message - I'm having a difficult time with philosophy because I do have so much to say...

1. If passion were a currency, she would be rich beyond measure. The light of her soul shines brighter than any star I have ever seen in the night sky and it is this resolve that truly guides me.

2. Her beauty is unmatched. My heart shutters sometimes when I look into those gorgeous blue eyes and lose myself in oceans of splendor.

3. When she stomps her foot and looks up at me with those adorable words of "I'm not ready" when I try to get her to relax, or try some new food, or play a game of doubles at pool - my very soul can't help but smile and then watch as laughter takes hold.

4. Her magical touch in the kitchen is legendary. She spices the meals she cooks with love and devotion and enjoys suprising me with the concoctions she creates and equally enjoys watching my reactions to the first bite...

5. The day she told me her gator chomp was broken at the Music City Bowl was one of the coolest things I've ever heard in my life. She's a Florida State Seminole fan - and it just doesn't get much better than that!

6. She makes every day special, especially holidays with her attention to detail. She brings true meaning to the words "It's the little things that count".

7. When she needs to have a family meeting anything less than me picking her up and gazing into her eyes while we talk... just won't do. I'm smiling right now just thinking about it as I type. She makes me feel like the strongest man in the world.

8. She makes me keep a budget. That could very well be considered the 8th wonder of the world. Seriously.

9. Her devotion to our animals and those she rescues touches my soul. Just watching her care for the family we have now is enough to convince me that our children will be the most spoiled, yet morally sound and well mannered "little folks" on the face of the planet. Not to mention cute - if they look anything like their mother.

10. She is my hero, my love, my role model, my partner, my teacher, my student, my cheerleader... my everything.

ok... now that I've done it, I need to go in the other room and try to stop her from crying....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Although I feel cavities coming on from this sugary post.

I think your wife is quite lucky to have a guy that appreciates and notices all the things she does for you and your family. My question is what are the special things that you do for her?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Oh you know... I mow the lawn, take out the trash and sometimes do the dishes... If I'm feeling especially "husbandry" I rub her feet and get her a glass of wine after a hard days work.

I wake up wondering every day how I got so lucky.

If you ask her... she will probably tell you I complete her. Depending on if I rubbed her feet that day...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Just a little advice... please tell her that you appreciate everything she does as often as you can.

Best wishes for you and Mrs. Blackbox

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o

Just a little advice... please tell her that you appreciate everything she does as often as you can.

Best wishes for you and Mrs. Blackbox

Check!

Thanks for the good wishes! Hope everything is going well in your life too.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This thread annoys me. I know it shouldn't but it does.

*changed emoticon to indicate bad joke*

[edit on 10-9-2008 by riley]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
This thread annoys me. I know it shouldn't but it does.

Great to know!

Hope you have a fantastic week.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
thankyou.

I expect it shall be full of candle light dinners and moonlit serenades.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Why is it so hard to find a place to express yourself, without other people miserable in their own lives, trying to bash you or your thoughts down? Is it so hard for one to keep their mouths shut if they don't have anything worthwhile or kind to say?

I guess one could argue that they have the right to post negative views on an OBVIOUSLY energetic and kind-hearted thread... but I really just don't see the point.

Many people choose to introduce themselves on threads that say "HI, I'm the (name right above my avatar)".... I choose to introduce myself through writing about the love I have for my wife and its "annoying"?

What better way to introduce yourself than through expressions of what is important to you? I just don't get it obviously...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackbox
Why is it so hard to find a place to express yourself, without other people miserable in their own lives, trying to bash you or your thoughts down? Is it so hard for one to keep their mouths shut if they don't have anything worthwhile or kind to say?

dude I was being ironic/cheeky not hostile.. hense the:

..my other post also says "I know it shouldn't but it does." which was me conceding my perception was overly cynical. Your post also reminded me of a simpsons episode where all the husbands get shown up by the indian guy.

I'm sorry I have a dry sense of humour? you had no probs being called sugary.

~moving on~

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

It's hard to "hear" dry humor through typed words, but even so, there is no need for you to apologize for the way you are.

Perhaps I should work on not taking things so personally.

[edit on 7/3/2008 by blackbox]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

It's hard to "hear" dry humor through typed words, but even so, there is no need for you to apologize for the way you are.

Thats okay.. I just assumed you were american.

Perhaps I should work on not taking things so personally.

for the record I think it's nice that you're so romantic.. but do you know how to dance?

btw. I have been serenaded so it wasn't all sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

reply to post by riley

for the record I think it's nice that you're so romantic.. but do you know how to dance?

In the immortal words of Genesis:

I cant dance, I cant talk.
Only thing about me is the way I walk.
I cant dance, I cant sing
Im just standing here selling everything.

Question is... are you buying what I'm selling?

p.s. Now that we're on the level, I can dig the sarcasm.

new topics

top topics

join