It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Polls Palin/McCain Stomping Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

But of course Jamie83 and the rest of the Republican shills will tell you that the MSM lies.

Why are you discussing me instead of the topic of the thread? I think this violates the first three new rules of conduct here:

-1- Posts that contain little more than partisan name-calling

-2- Posts that focus on insulting rhetoric designed to deflect attention from issues

-3- Posts that cast blanket aspersions on one portion of the political spectrum without constructive issues-focused contributions

As for McCain and Palin stomping Obama, this is going to be more than a convention bounce. This trend is going to continue because Obama has been around long enough now for people to see through his rhetoric and realize he is NOT about change.

All one needs to do is look at his FISA vote to realize his actions are not congruent with his words. Just to review, Obama voted for the FISA bill that gave telecoms retroactive immunity. Obama's inner circle is center around the law firm of McGuire Woods. McGuire Woods represents major telecom companies like Sprint and Verizon.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Well Jaime you successfully got the Mods to do your 'wet work' for you and got me 'warned'. I'm quite sure that you KNOW I was specifically calling you out on another of you threads that DIRECTLY RELATES to the premise you presented in THIS thread.

Back on September 7th you started this thread complaining how polls lie when they go against your non-stop McCain/Republican proselytizing.

So what we have is YOUR thread saying polls showing McCain stomping Obama (which I immediately showed you was not supported by the facts --- see my first post) which was preceded by YOUR thread saying that polls lie and are unfairly going against McCain. You can't have it both ways when it suits you. I was not attacking you I was pointing out your blatant and shameful hypocrisy.

But congratulations on twisting this into a personal attack. Seems to be thye way things are this year.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
In a fair world you would only need to hit a 50% threshold in a poll to get a favorable story but the leftwing biased media needs to see 10 pt+ swings after taking into account their +5% for Obama -5% against McCain automatic rooting for Obama factor.

So yeah, polls are meaningless until you see the giant hurdle taken by McCain. You will notice all their stories were that McCain didn't stand a chance this is because they believed themselves to be self prophetic.

They will never admit that even now they are helping McCain by not doing their jobs fairly. It only took Palin to open everybodies eyes to their abuses. The smear job they tried to do on her was way over the top and people are not liking it. Suddenly people are seeing the same thing in all media coverage not just the Palin story. Once the blinders are off, you cannot put them back on the people so easily.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by SectionEight]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZuzusPetals
Honestly, I had no idea McCain would nominate his third wife for Veep. Happy?

She woke up flopped. Many times in many colleges. You wait. The only blood I smell is the Palin tampon trail from campus to campus.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by ZuzusPetals]

Do you have any links or factual proof to substantiate your sexist remarks? Otherwise your comment amounts to nothing more than political trolling..

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I disagree S8. I make my living in population modeling. I've been doing it for some of the world's larger companies for almost 20yrs. I thoroughly understand the dynamics of polls. I use the data every day.

Whenever something 'new' happens it creates a 'bump'. For example, if you take a restaurant or a club, close it for a couple weeks, rename it and re-do the interior, you'll get a significant bump in business for several weeks. The same thing happened for Ferraro.

This is way too close to call at this point. 55 days is a very, very long time. Anything can and likely will happen. It's going tobe a very bumpy ride.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Since you do this kind of thing for a living, you must agree that McCain has gotten a much better "bounce" from his convention than Obama did. This should translate into an overall better number for McCain once all the excitement from the Conventions subside, barring any major flubs or changes by the candidates.

In short, McCain had a better convention than Obama and the Polls reflect that. I don't see why some Dems are saying "The polls are wrong". It smacks of elitist talk, like they know better than the public what is happening.

The Race is on now, both sides better bring their "A" games or they will lose.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Because of the Bradley Effect Obama needs to be ahead in the polls by 15 in order to win. If he has a lead anything less than that he is smoked.
which seems to be the case now....smoked

ap.google.com...

[edited to change McGovern factor to Bradley Effect, got them mixed up]

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Fathom]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Polls aren't part of platforms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join