It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Polls Palin/McCain Stomping Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Holy hell, if someone didn't think Palin was the right choice they should think again.
Look at the bounce from the Republican convention.

Should Oby be worried?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

While I am a McCain supporter, I wouldn't put much credence into the polls this early save for this:

It's pretty obvious that McCain got a bigger "bounce" from his Convention than Obama did, most probably due to running mate selections, IMO.

Obama blew it big time by not picking Hilliary, mark my words. Obama / Clinton was the Democratic Dream ticket.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Agreed, this is bounce from the convention. Don't count on it as permanent. But now that the conventions are over and we make our way into September/October, the REAL dirty politics will commence on both sides. I expect it to be no-holds-barred mudslinging where nothing is off limits, including Michelle Obama and Sarah Palin's family.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by sos37]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Obama blew it big time by not picking Hilliary, mark my words. Obama / Clinton was the Democratic Dream ticket.

exactly, I danced a jig when Oby announced his running mate and it wasn't Hillary!
A Hillary Oby ticket would have been devastating and McCain would have just thrown in the towel.

I am wondering if it is too late for Oby to change his mind on Biden?
Can he dump the old guy and would Hillary come back?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You must admit the Repubs got a bigger bounce from their convention than the Dems did.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

Biden could withdraw for any number of reasons, and the DNC could then select a replacement, most likely Hillary.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
See, i'm beginning to lean toward Obama but more BECAUSE he chose Biden. If he had selected Hillary as his running mate I would not have cast my vote for them. So i'm not entirely sure the dream ticket would have been so good for the Democrats.

McCains surge in the polls is a result of the convention, absolutely. I think perhaps Obama didn't get as much of a bounce not because of who he selected, but because McCain announced his VP the next day at noon which totally took the wind out of Obama's sails with regard to the DNC events and his speech.

I think we'll probably see some of these polls level out a bit in a week or so after Sarah Palin gets her interview, once the campaigns really start throwing mud!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Originally posted by Fathom

Biden could withdraw for any number of reasons, and the DNC could then select a replacement, most likely Hillary.

I don't see that happening though, as that would be akin to acknowledging a strength in the Palin choice.

I also believe Biden is a MUCH better choice than Hillary.

Dems who are saying differently now are just scared.

But not me. :-)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre

I think we'll probably see some of these polls level out a bit in a week or so after Sarah Palin gets her interview, once the campaigns really start throwing mud!

I think she is going to show strong in her nterviews and come out even more likabale. she is a smart lady and seems to be media savvy. I think she will get a bigger bounce after her first few interviews.

time will tell.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

I also believe Biden is a MUCH better choice than Hillary.

Dems who are saying differently now are just scared.

To each their own, but if my primary were split basically 50%/ 50% with each candidate drawing from a different constituency, it makes perfect sense to work from that base of strength rather than ignore the wishes of about 50% of your party. Call me silly.

But hey, you Democrats are pretty good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. You are right, Biden was the perfect and right choice.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Here, while I am required to comment on this video per ATS rules, I think it sums up my opinions very well.

CAUTION FOR LANGUAGE

Don't listen to polls as much as the media wants you to.

P.S. I am astounded that McCain/Palin actually have any supporters at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Well said.

Let's not forget people like Lloyd45 or Jetxnet either though. It would seem that there are many people searching for the number 23 on this site.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
When the Democrats selected Obama, they were betting on a long shot. When Obama ignored Clinton, he abdicated his presumed win.

Plain and simple.

This should not have come as a surprise to anyone.

It's now McCain's to lose.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Oh I know... there are several. But Jamie is in a class all his own. I wouldn't be surprosed if he had a McCain/Bush poster on his bedroom ceiling.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Also a McCain supporter, but also dont put a lot of credence into polls.

Politics are like pendulums.

We will most likely see polls favor Obama one last time and then swing back over to McCain in time for November.

Its funny, Obama has lost all substance. A little over 2 weeks until McCain finishes cutting the head off the snake (debates).

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
it is funny though how polls weren't evil and total believable when Oby was ahead...

i also cannot wait to watch Sarah tear up Biden in a debate.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Me too! I can't wait for another 4yrs like the last 8. I always wanted to live in a box and speak Chinese. Let's get this election over and finish screwing this country into the ground! Can I get an Amen??

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

I don't listen to any polls. Thanks for the assumption that I am a hypocritical person unaware of my own faults. Much appreciated.

Also, Biden is an excellent debater, so I look forward to watching people who think she's going to win put their feet in their mouths.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Me too! I can't wait for another 4yrs like the last 8. I always wanted to live in a box and speak Chinese. Let's get this election over and finish screwing this country into the ground! Can I get an Amen??

Blasphemy!

Do you even know where McCain stands? Have you just been listening to people that say Bush the 3rd?

McCain really is a unique politician. He is more along the lines of an independent and WILL appoint several democratic cabinet members (mark my words).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join