It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com And Robbie Williams Investigate UFOs at Gilliland Ranch

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What is the Distance?

I'd like to clear up a point about the required brightness of a light shone from the mountainside. The estimate of several million candle power required to be seen appears to be based on the distance involved. In several posts and in the Introductory video, it's stated that Mt Adams is located some 13 miles distant.
However, in Video 3: Mountain Lights, the observing position is said to be only 'three-point-five miles' away. Is that correct, or was there an error in the commentry? This is surely a vitally important parameter in the investigation.
Are we seeing lights from 13.5 miles or from 3.5 miles away?

The distance involved is paramount to the study. Since a conventional lamp produces a cone of light, its intensity at any point drops by the square of the distance. Clearly an extra 10 miles in the equation would add a considerable difference to the calculation. Another feature of the lights I have observed, is they appear to be very directional. They seem to be very finely focussed into a narrow beam, similar to a laser for example. As many who use them will know, the hand held laser pointers have great carrying power. Even a reltively low power unit will carry a beam well over 5 miles. Some will be easily visible from 20 miles away, providing they are observed 'beam on'.

I'm not suggesting that we are seeing lasers, but any ambiguity in the distance involved will dramatically affect what type of lamp would be required to create what was seen.

WG3

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The Pacific Crest Trail is a very popular trail for long distance hikers, and probably the most visited on the mountain. My first thought after seeing the light was that it may be near this trail. However, the trail, according to topos, is nowhere near where the light was spotted about half way up the mountain. It's far off to the west, on the opposite flank.

Actually, the light appears to be very close to the boundary with The Yakima Indian Reservation. This would be on the southeast flank of Mt Adams, above treeline (7000 feet elevation). Hiking on the reservation has more restrictions on gaining access, and would be much less popular.

The most common route to the the summit, via Piper peak, is from the south. These routes would be plainly visible from the ranch therefore. I'm currently looking at climbing maps to see if any of the more common routes take climbers past the large snow field/glacier, visible in Johnny's video, where the light was located. From the topos, it appears to be the logical ascent route.

From my cursory look at the maps, it seems that where the light appears is a common base camp for early morning summit attempts.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
What is the Distance?

I'd like to clear up a point about the required brightness of a light shone from the mountainside. The estimate of several million candle power required to be seen appears to be based on the distance involved. In several posts and in the Introductory video, it's stated that Mt Adams is located some 13 miles distant.
However, in Video 3: Mountain Lights, the observing position is said to be only 'three-point-five miles' away. Is that correct, or was there an error in the commentary?

An error in "My" commentary.. And thanks for pointing that out to me (us), and my apologies.. I hadn't had any sleep for 30 some hours when making those voice-overs in my attempt to have something for you folks on that Mondays premiere release.. SO AGAIN SORRY..!!!!

But to set the record straight..

It is 13.5 miles from our viewing area of the mountain (again as the crow flies straight from Point A to Point B)..

Below is our beloved Springer getting the Bar-Be-Que ready for some "T-Bones" for Crakeur and I.. By the way.. Crakeur can down two (1) pound steaks in less time than Springer and I can finish just one.. incredible!

[edit on 9/25/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
he's actually prepping garlic bread in that shot but, yes, crakeur can pack away the t-bones.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

That's because he doesn't chew just bites and swallows!

J/K Crakeur but I have seen my hubby do the same thing many times.. men love steak!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Since the query was made about more photos, here's one of some folks looking at Mount Adams and observing the hikers. The revelation of hikers on the mountain certainly made us look at these strange night lights in a whole different direction. Not that it completely answer all the questions, but it is a factor that we have to figure in.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
he's actually prepping garlic bread in that shot but, yes, crakeur can pack away the t-bones.

Guess it wont be long before someone accuses you of being a shapeshifting reptile.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Looking forward to more pictures and further information from this visit...

I wait patiently..

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TerraX

I will neither confirm, nor deny, my shape shifting reptile lineage

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Finally listened and watched the interviews and you all sound like you had fun. I have only watched the first video of what you saw and as interesting as it was, I am not sure I am convinced, but regardless of that would be happy to be convinced (as long as they were friendly). Do I believe we are alone in the universe of course not that would seem egomaniacal and silly, have we been visited I don't know.

You talk about the black helicopters and vans possibly being there to pull a fast one, don't remember your exact phrasing, but could they have known you were all going to be there. Was the trip announced on the site before you went?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

there were no black helicpoters or cars when we were there. Johnny's extended stay was unplanned but that's not to say someone didn't call them in after the trip was extended.

you've touched on an aspect to the odd that I've mentioned on here a few times. If I don't know someone well enough, I simply cannot put blind faith in them so, when something like the cars show up, I am going to assume the worst. Johnny and I had a nice discussion on this on the interview show (our wrap up portion).

I know Johnny thru our time working together. I've met him once but I've spoken with him on the phone plenty of times and emailed with him quite a bit. I think he's about as stand up a guy as they come. I think he's honest and unbiased in his reporting on these things. So, if Johnny were to tell me "Crakeur, I was in my back yard and saw....(insert crazy story here)..and I was all alone without my film." I might be able to believe him. It might be hard but I would probably give him the benefit of the doubt, knowing his character.

If Johnny calls me up and says "crakeur, I was just at Jame's ranch with about 10 people, and James told us ...(insert crazy story)...just happened." I'm not believing it. James (or anyone else) offers an explanation that suits what he is laying claim to. Johnny (or anyone else), can be caught up in the moment and believing becomes a bit easier when you're there.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

That closing discussion was bascially what I was refering too. You all seem like straight up guys, but as a new member and not familiar at all with the ufo phenom, I tend to err on the side of skepticism.

I do believe I have seen spirits so I am not without an open mind.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

I think most of the people on here would tell you that a healthy amount of skepticism is a good thing. though I consider myself to be a believer, so to speak, I have never actually seen anything myself and am open to the possibility that I might be wrong.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Its nice to see robbie and his fellow ATS freaks (heheh :lol
enjoying a good UFO hunt and grill.

Looks like you have a great grill...gezzh why you didnt invite me..i am good on goose bumps night tales hehehe dont forget the marshmellows please and the fire next time!

Robbie i think you did great and enjoy yourself 100% thats good for the spirit pal!. I was a bite disconnected (dam office job :barf
but i am back again.

Springer and Johny is this going to be permament on ATS that, once a year a hunt on the ranch or just was a special ocation?, you should do this once a year.

Robby dont worry about some posters..they come and go like tides in a wave, enjoy the ride and have fun..thats the most important thing (whetevr we find the truth of UFO in the run or not)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hi Robbie -

I’ve just been catching up with some of your recent interviews, and am majorly disappointed to discover you’ve gone completely insane! Not that the men in white coats should come just yet, but you are definitely giving 1970s Elvis a run for his money.

You’ve always come across as very intelligent in interviews – both clever and perceptive. So how could you possibly fall in with the Ron Paul / black helicopters lot?

Maybe they’re right. (Although they’re probably wrong.) Either way – who cares? Is it worth sacrificing your reputation and the high esteem in which so many people hold you?

This aliens and conspiracy theories thing is really a superficial ideology to subscribe to! Unlike philosophy, anthropology, religion, science or art, which are the products of thousands of years of great human minds exploring the unanswerable questions of existence, UFO-hunting is rooted in conjecture, blind faith and the reductive catch-all assertion that every mystery of life can be explained by a massive, universal conspiracy.
Disappointment seems inevitable when such simplistic answers are offered in response to such complex questions.

Why not use your obviously bright mind to pursue virtually ANYTHING ELSE? Any shelf at Borders will do! Why not read Freud or Althusser or Foucault; Dostoyevsky or Joyce or Proust? Study molecular biology and discover new mating habits of starfish. Buy an expensive camera and take artsy black-and-white photographs of homeless people and interesting gates. Write the definitive analysis of Spaghetti Westerns in 60s Italian cinema. Travel to Japan to learn the ancient art of calligraphy. Take a carpentry class and build a grand-father clock from plywood, patent the design and sell it to Ikea.

Any of these hobbies would be less crazy than what you are doing now.

(And yes, I do realize that posting a response to a celebrity interview here is not exactly sane either; maybe we’re all a bit crazy in our own way. But there is a hierarchy even to insanity, and alien-hunting in a place called Trout Lake, Washington still deserves its place at the top of the totem.)

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Quality mate You dun a great job there nice one.

Brian

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
IF there was amazing evidence caught on video at James' ranch, it is my personal opinion that ATS should have beat Paranormal State to the punch with the video.

Their show will air tomorrow night on A&E. Their crew was at the ranch concurrent with Johnny. If they have ANYthing...Johnny should have caught it too. I think Johnny should release his first. Why not?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by comecloser

I know your one of my friends but I havent read these posts since I left one near the beginning just wanna say

Hail to what you wrote and had to star it

Present = ACE

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join