It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need help/Advice pleeeasee!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
this is about my GF and her job

she is a personal trainer at a country club

she received a call this a.m from the aerobics co-ordinator who told her to watch out because the fitness director had mentioned to her that he was going to try and "set her up to get fired" in some fashion.

The fitness director has been there about a year now, but in the last month he has started to make alot of personal changes, and the aerobics instructor is trustworhy in my GFs opinion sooo what do you think i should advise her to do? she is pretty upset and not sure what to do.

there is a employee handbook that ALL employees have signed and i have heard from other employees there that one of the fitness directors biggest faults is his arrogance and his habit of "talking too much". would you suggest that my GF contacts the Human resources dept about this immediately?

she went into work this A.M

It seems like it may be somewhere between a threat and a rumor, but i have reason to believe it is true and i am concerned for her.

any advice

thanks

[edit on 8-9-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well, the best thing she could do is relax and not to worry too much until it happens. The stress is going to do her no good. Can she think on any legitimate reason why she would be fired?

If she remains calm, does her job well, then he'll have no reason to fire her. Don't give him any reason.

I don't know to be honest, sorry. I hope I helped a little.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
wait till it happens? me thinks that would be a bit too late.

they fired someone there last week for a time (when two weeks ago) they clocked in at 535 am instead of 530 am. i think they could find a reason for about anyone if they are determined.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ah, I see. Looks like they will look for the smallest reason to fire someone. Her bast bet is to try and not give them any reason. Are you in the US? I know here in Canada, to fire someone they would have to have a damn good reason....at least from my experience. Is she part of a union? if so she could go to them for advice too. The reality is though, if this jerk is really bent on getting her fired, and he is in a position to do so, there's not much she can do except be on her best behavior and not give him any reason to do it.

Im sorry to hear that she is having to go through this, unfortunately there are too many A-Holes in a positions of power these days. As a personal trainer she could always go into business for herself. Im not sure what the market is lie where you are but here in Vancouver, BC, personal trainers are highly sought after. My Buddy's wife makes $50 - $75 an hour

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There's a little thing called Cover Your Ass (CYA) I would go to HR and let them know what is up. This way everything is documented. Office politics make me sick, and sometimes things need to be done.

She could ride it out, but then it may be too late. As another mentioned above, this could all cause stress. Which could also lead towards making a mistake. Talking to HR can lessen the stress.

Good Luck

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
thanks for the reply's guys

also she is in a area in s. florida where there seems to be no shortage of $

however the private training market is tuff to crack unless you have the right connection, and build word of mouth, since there are literally thousand of trainers in about a 20 miles square area.

she plans on going to HR tommorrow , but she also doesn't want to name the supervisors who know about it ( and get them tangled up) but she does want to get it documented and is kind of boxed into a corner. she is going to see if she can get some sort of "aynominity" before letting HR know , but she may just have to call her supervisor friend and tell her what she plans to do, and see if she is ok with it. I'm very pissed off about this B/S.

she thinks the fitness director may be worried that the guy he fired last week (who is a mutual friend of both of ours) gave us some dirt on him, and is paranoid of that, otherwise it doesn't seem to make any sense, since they told her 2 weeks ago that she was doing such a great job (however when she asked for her review for the last month, the guy was real scetchy and kept trying to push it off) . just throwin out all i know in case someone has been in the HR position and has advice.

anyway thanks

new topics

top topics

join