It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosetta Spacecraft camera shuts down mysteriously !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

DARMSTADT, Germany - The European deep space probe Rosetta successfully completed a flyby of an asteroid millions of miles from earth, but its high resolution camera stopped shortly before the closest pass, space officials said Saturday.

Link to article

Very Very strange ! the camera shut down before it's closest pass and turned back on later all by itself !!!

I sense something afoot !! perhaps it was shut down intentionally ??

Bizarre !

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Good find

Like you say, strange it shuts down then switches back on fine. Could the asteroid be emitting any radiation that might have caused the software to reboot? I know its not probable but could it be possible? And if so, is that why NASA is so interested in asteroids these days

New theory - Dinosaurs not killed by nuclear winter but by nuclear fallout

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It probably was running from windows software... My computer always reboots from "updates" they keep sending even when I tell it to not do anything but notify me...

I don't think the radiation would have much if any effect on software... Hardware is a different story though. That could possibly cause a power surge which would trip some safety switch and cause restarts. I don't think it would necessarily affect the whole craft though. Just the weakest circuits.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Maybe it was running windows and blue-screened & rebooted. I kid, but it really could just be something along those lines.

I'm not aware of even the nuclear winter theory, let alone the fallout. The dinosaurs supposedly died from clouds of impact debris blocking the sun. Nothing nuclear about it.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Nuclear winter is a term that describes the climatic effects of nuclear war. Severely cold weather and reduced sunlight for a period of months or years would be caused by detonating large numbers of nuclear weapons, especially over flammable targets such as cities, where large amounts of smoke and soot would be injected into the Earth's stratosphere. The term has also been applied to one of the after-effects of a comet or asteroid impact[1][2], also sometimes termed an impact winter, or of a supervolcano eruption.[3]

Above from Wiki
Wikipedia

hope that clears it up for ya.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I stand corrected. Thanks. =)

sty

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
possible the asteroit would not look as expected - maybe some artifficial structures were found , so they had to "kill2 the camera

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i agree..
maybe they found something (or knew something) nasa didn't want to share?
its very strange that it mysteriously came back online working perfectly fine.

there's something afoot for shore.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Excuse me, a thread regarding this topic has already been posted by me yesterday.

Here's the thread,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Does anyone no if they had any technical difficulties with the camera before it started recording.

Well we no that there will be a time delay in the videos, so if they found something that they didnt want people to see then what better way to hide it than kill the video.

Will have to look more into this to see if the video was edited or if it was in fact a malfunction of some kind.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
just looking online about this they said they had two cameras and the second was working fine does anybody know whether that cam video was edited???

top topics

join