It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Alternative Energy Inventor Killed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Another Alternative Energy Inventor Killed?

www.oneradionetwork.com

A man by the name of Stefan Nystrom invented a way to generate energy from ocean waves that he claims would cost 5% of what coal energy does. He set up a proto-type in Ghana and, initially, claims to have found many potential investors. However, suddenly problems started to pop up. The investors, originally extremely enthusiastic, started to back off. He was offered bribes in order to quit. Finally, he began to be harassed by Ghanaian police and mercenaries.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I did what I could to ensure no duplicates, and this is my first post of an original topic, so please be gentle.

www.oneradionetwork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-9-2008 by belowcommonknowledge]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by belowcommonknowledge

IMO, there are far to many reasons for the investors to back out. Namely, maybe it didn't work. Also, after a bit of googling, I found posts where his coworkers claim he was injured, but is not dead.

PESWiki article (I know Wiki can be edited by anyone, bt it does have a lot of info on Stefan Nystrom.)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
For those that don't know. This was tried at least once before in the state of Maine,in a port city of Eastport in the early 60's I think it was. The tides and wave action there is phenomenal. Tidel changes can run 25-35 ft. It failed then too. This was a Federal project. They are again working to reinstitute the project. Initial signings of agreements where signed in 2006.
Zindo

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I hope this isn't a marketing ploy. I would hate to think that ATS is being used by some marketeer to create sensationalistic 'news'.

If this didn't work before, why is it being looked at again? Didn't they give it a fair shake the first time?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

No, just something my wife forwarded me that she heard on a local alternative radio station. I did not take time to research it to see if the guy is dead or injured. I just jumped at the opportunity to post something and contribute.

-B

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

I hope this isn't a marketing ploy. I would hate to think that ATS is being used by some marketeer to create sensationalistic 'news'.

If this didn't work before, why is it being looked at again? Didn't they give it a fair shake the first time?

I too hope that is not the case.

In answer to your last question, well, it didn't work before in the SIXTIES! The leap in technology along over the last 40+ years is like the leap in technology from 4000 B.C. to 1800! You could probably even push that out closer to 1900.

You see, just because something didn't work back then doesn't mean the idea was flawed or wrong. I haven't read up on what he is trying to do. I have heard about the initial trial though.

Eventually, it will be the work of the earth that we will have to harness in order to become independant of foreign oil. All of the energy in the world (literally) is there for the tapping.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I think you are in the clear I did read about this but it was on another website and Benjamin Fulford had a page on the topic www.rense.com...

I know they have had a trial here in Perth Western Australia last year
www.news.com.au...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Let's hope this contraption works out this time.

I just can't imagine what the profit incentive there will be in it for the local corporate vampires and political ghouls. If they don't get something out of it they are usually against it.

Sounds nice and clean. I hope that guy is OK. Someone should grant him asylum in another country where he might be safer.

top topics

join