It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and the 'Muslim Call to Prayer'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”

Although the link is broken I believe that this section of interview came from here.

Well, I see the quote and think: So what? Apparently thinking that it is one of the prettiest sounds is wrong? According to the all-powerful first result page of Google, it is.

First Result

Second Result

Third Link

Those are the first three results of many that list up one after another if you type: 'Obama Muslim Call to Prayer' as a search. The sites are very partisan blogs but they are the top three results...all of which try to use this statement as an argument against Obama.

I am not denying he said it, because it shouldn't/doesn't matter that he did. Pandering to and attempting to reinforce some distrust of things Muslim is just as disgusting as concerning ourselves with the pregnancy of a teenager who has nothing to do with anything political.

I am not muslim, I am not voting democrat this year and I am not an Obama supporter...but I am someone who knows some pretty blatant fear pandering when I see it. If not fear pandering, then explain to me some other reason for using the above quote as an argument against Obama?

How many people who write those ridiculous attack blogs have actually heard the prayer?

Hear it for yourself:

Muslim Call to Prayer From the Prophet's Mosque in Madinah, Saudi Arabia

edit to add: Pretty amazing bit of beautiful isn't it?

[edit on 9/8/0808 by spines]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This has been discussed in about 6 other threads. Here's one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Oh, well. I feel my point remains.

join