It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is The Religion of God and the Kingdom of God in the Last Days

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
no, islam is NOT the religion of god
christianity is the religion of god

god, get your facts straight man.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
reply to post by queenofangels_17

That's really messed up. This Muhammad may have been a prophet to guide your people but he is not the Comforter/Parcelete that Christ promised.

Christ breathed on his disciples to give them the gift of God and this Muhammad was nowhere around. If you are wrong about this major detail - imagine what else you are wrong about.

Muhammad has nothing whatsoever to do with streams of living water flowing within a person. This fact alone proves you are wrong and if that is what you base your religion on - it's false.

I also highly doubt God would send a murderous pedophile to "comfort" anyone.

Is it "comforting" for 9 year olds to have a sweaty 50 year old man on top of them?

Hardly.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

im not going to argue my religeons better then yours, i have none so its infinetly better

but check this

islam is an amalgamation of christian jewish and arab/persian pagan beliefs and tribal practices with the prophets wording to glue it all together

(praying towardss mecca wasa round long before islam, along with many of its practices)

so lets look at its influences

christianity is a a healthy mix of jewish and pagan beliefs with a little egyption thrown in

jesus birth is the story of an egyptian gods birth (cant remeber off hand which sorry)

jesus having 12 disciples, born dec 25th, dying on the cross with a spear wound and bieng reserected is the sun god mithross, almost all catholic priest's clothing come from the cult of mithros, hotcross buns to celebrate easter were originally mithros cakes the cross is a sword to celebrate him slaying the great bull (there are also many other pagan gods attributed to bieng born on the 25th december and dying on the cross with a spear wound to the side). For the grand slam, saint peters square home of the vatican was the largest temple to the cult of mithros in the roman empire

the virgin mary ... just another earth godess but dressed in a blue robe

the romans banned everything but chritianity the pagans just renamed thier gods and made the christian (dam sneaky those pagans gotta keep an eye on em)

and as most forms of christianity are descended from catholosism becasue the tried dam hard to destory the rest then this also holds true to 95% of christians on the planet

even jesus quotes bhuddist texts, turn the other cheek is a bhuddist principle much older then jesus

not sure on the influences of judaism never really studied it although i do know that certain parts of the old testament are the egyptian book of the dead in almost word for word quote

so if your religeon is the religeon of the one true god whyis your religeon made up of soooooo many gods

if allah is all knowing and the creator of all why isnt he a bit more ya know individual why does he use so many other gods and the beleifs of thier worshippers to pass on HIS message?

islam 1400 years old
christianity 2000 years old
judaism (around) 3000 years old
egyption single god belief 3300 years old
egyptian other ....... keep counting

[edit on 9-9-2008 by noobfun]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
To the last poster.

First of all Christianity goes back to the OT as it's the continuation of it, so that would be from the beggining before egypt.

now (check this)

Those pagan stories about God that resembe Christ.

here is the difference, don't forget this because satan created them.

They have not spread throughout the world like Christ did. None of those men or Gods actually existed like christ and worked miracles, and they were not predicted to create a church like the OT prophecied that would spread throughout the world which the catholic church has.

furthermore, Satan knows how God will enter the world and would create, and has created similar stories through the minds of humas to throw people off, but the proof is in the spreading of jesus church throiughout the world while those have died off to minor pagan belief.

ofcourse if they had Gods backing they would spread throughout the world, but satan has created them because like I said, he knew how christ would come into the world and God allowed it.

peace.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

To the last poster.

First of all Christianity goes back to the OT as it's the continuation of it, so that would be from the beggining before egypt.

now (check this)

Those pagan stories about God that resembe Christ.

here is the difference, don't forget this because satan created them.

They have not spread throughout the world like Christ did. None of those men or Gods actually existed like christ and worked miracles, and they were not predicted to create a church like the OT prophecied that would spread throughout the world which the catholic church has.

furthermore, Satan knows how God will enter the world and would create, and has created similar stories through the minds of humas to throw people off, but the proof is in the spreading of jesus church throiughout the world while those have died off to minor pagan belief.

peace.

christianity goes back to the OT, which is jewish scripture translated into (insert language of choice), as we know jesus was himself a practicing jew
so christinaity is an extension of judaism. they stuck to the OT and denounced jesus where as goup of jews accepted jesus these became christians and through jesus's teachings we have the NT

this still only dates back to roughly 1000bc how does it predate egypt's beliefs?

egypt had a mult god structure long before and after 1000bc, it turned to a single god frame work for a short period of time around 1300bc 300 years earlier then judaism can be traced back(as far as im aware)

now onto the devil did it stuff

so what your saying is satan created all the cult of mithros its beliefs and practices

satan created all the other religeous figures and thier practices

lets make this very clear they are all the work of satan ill accept that

when jesus quotes several bhuddist ideals(that you said were made by the devil) they stopped bieng the devils work?

when the old testament quotes the egyptian book of the dead (which was made by the devil) it stopped bieng the devils work?

when an earth godess(satan again) got a name change to the virgin mary ...same thing

when the roman catholic church took its robes practices and the way it celebrates christmas easter etc from the cult of mithros(satan again)

if all these things were made by satan then absorbed into roman catholosism which then over time splintered in to the many many variations of christianity we have now including the one i was taught in my youth and the one you probabily follow your self (presuming from what you wrote your christian)

see the problem with a simple blanket the devil did it answer

the devil did it but its in the bible and in christian practice, so wouldnt that make the bible and its practices the word of god with a good measureof satans words and work thrown in

practicing those beliefs would make you both following the word of god and the devil at the same time

so which part of the bible did the devils words and practices get written and which part are gods?

are you sure your following only the bits god said or ............. he is the great deciever after all .... could it be .......

have the devils deceptions spread far and wide or been stiffled as you suggest and died of as pagan beliefs........ they are part of what is now christianity so yes they may have had names changed along the way but they are still there and as therefore still the work of satan

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofangels_17
Jesus (pbuh) preached the coming of the Kingdom of God
[edit on 8-9-2008 by queenofangels_17]

well at least i can agree with that 1 statement but as far as your belief in stating islam to be the religion of G-D and the kingdom of G-D in the last days-----------absolutely not.
G-D says in leviticus 23 these are My appointed times(of worship)your religion keeps none of them to my knowledge.
islam---the kingdom of G-D on earth ?the apostle paul says:flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of G-D;nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable(1corinthians15:50)you,your fellow believers and in fact all the members of different religions on this earth are perishable.
in other words the kingdom of G-D is not here yet.
adam fell away from the truth that G-D gave to him and so brought death into this world for us.
Messiah came so that we can all be made alive(1corinthians15:22)
abel stayed with the truth G-D gave to him and was murdered by his brother cain out of jealousy(genesis4:1-11)your religion started by your leader muhammed definetly does not follow the religious beliefs of abel or of Messiah or their followers who keep the commandments of G-D and their faith is in Messiah.(revelation14:12)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

DataWraith,

If you truly believe in the ONE GOD, the Lord of us all, you should also believe in the Messengers He has sent, that's part of the Covenant that He took with all of the Children of Adam. To Believe in God and to believe in His messengers, to reject one of the messengers is to reject the ONE who sent him.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofangels_17
reply to post by DataWraith

DataWraith,

If you truly believe in the ONE GOD, the Lord of us all, you should also believe in the Messengers He has sent, that's part of the Covenant that He took with all of the Children of Adam. To Believe in God and to believe in His messengers, to reject one of the messengers is to reject the ONE who sent him.

Peace!

How many messengers did He send and to whom did He sent them?

What happens if one rejects the ONE who sent them?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Noobfun, you completely missed the point. I said the difference between those pagan beliefs and christianity and the church is that the church has spread throughout the world as prophecied in the OT.

The judiac law and the prophets proclaimed that the messiah would be born in bethlehem and that this messiah would create a church that would spread throughout the world. This is the fruit that comes from the real church then from pagan beliefs.

and scripture is not litered with pagan beliefs. Christ is the God of the OT, which means he is the God who created ada and eve from the very beggining, this is what christianity is, a continuation of the OT.

that's why Genesis says.

" let us make man in our image "

Christ and the father, which is implanted on our bodies btw.

that's the point I'm making.

this church has spread throughout the world and will continue to do so as the prophets fortold, those religions have died out. So I believe satan, not saying what you said (the devil did it) in a cocky manner, Im saying I believe satan created those beliefs knowing how to mirror Gods arrival.

but the proof is in the 2000 years of saints, miracles, spreading throughout the world, eucharistic miracles scientists tested ect....

peace.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Myrtales Instint,

The Paraclete announced by Jesus is none other than the Prophet Muhammad, which he mentioned by Name in his true Gospel and referring to the Prophet Muhammad as THE Messenger of God.

"I therefore say to you that the Messenger of God is a splendour that shall give gladness to nearly all that God has made, for he is adorned with the spirit of understanding and of counsel, the spirit of wisdom and might, the spirit of fear and love, the spirit of prudence and temperance, he is adorned with the spirit of charity and mercy, the spirit of justice and Piety, the spirit of gentleness and patience, which he has received from God three times more than he has given to all his creatures.

O blessed time, when he shall come to the world! Believe me that I have seen him and have done him reverence, even as every prophet has seen him: seeing that of his spirit God gives to them prophecy. And when I saw him my soul was filled with consolation, saying: "O Muhammad;, God be with you, and may he make me worthy to untie, your shoelatchet;, for obtaining this I shall be a great prophet and holy one of God." And having said this, Jesus rendered his thanks to God.

This is in keeping with the Covenant that God took from all the Holy Prophets before entrusting to them the Scripture and wisdom.

003.081 When Allah made (His) covenant with the prophets, (He said): Behold that which I have given you of the Scripture and knowledge. And afterward there will come unto you a messenger, confirming that which ye possess. Ye shall believe in him and ye shall help him. He said: Do ye agree, and will ye take up My burden (which I lay upon you) in this (matter) ? They answered: We agree. He said: Then bear ye witness. I will be a witness with you.

033.007 And when We exacted a covenant from the prophets, and from thee (O Muhammad) and from Noah and Abraham and Moses and Jesus son of Mary. We took from them a solemn covenant;

All the Holy Prophets who were given the Book were under oath by God to support the Messenger coming after them who will confirm the book that was given to them. The Torah announced the coming of Jesus the Messiah, son of Mary, and The Gospel of Jesus confirmed the Torah and announced the messenger to come after him whose name is Muhammad. The Book that the prophet Muhammad received from God is the confirmation of all the Holy Scriptures, from the Torah, The Psalms and the Gospel, and the guardian over it. The fact that the Scriptures sent by God has been corrupted by Satan is clear since the original books are supposed to agree and confirm each other but after the contamination it is full of contradictions. It is not the Holy prophets who broke their Covenant with God but the people through the workings of Satan.

005.012 Allah made a covenant of old with the Children of Israel and We raised among them twelve chieftains, and Allah said: Lo! I am with you. If ye establish worship and pay the poor-due, and believe in My messengers and support them, and lend unto Allah a kindly loan, surely I shall remit your sins, and surely I shall bring you into Gardens underneath which rivers flow. Whoso among you disbelieveth after this will go astray from a plain road.

The Children of Israel broke their Covenant with God by rejecting God's Messengers, disbelieving some and killing some. They changed the words from the book that they received, to follow their own vain desires and thus earning God's wrath.

005.013 And because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them and made hard their hearts. They change words from their context and forget a part of that whereof they were admonished. Thou wilt not cease to discover treachery from all save a few of them. But bear with them and pardon them. Lo! Allah loveth the kindly.

005.070 We made a covenant of old with the Children of Israel and We sent unto them messengers. As often as a messenger came unto them with that which their souls desired not (they became rebellious). Some (of them) they denied and some they slew.

Remember God's favor on you, Myrtales before its too late.

008.024 O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and the messenger when He calleth you to that which quickeneth you, and know that Allah cometh in between the man and his own heart, and that He it is unto Whom ye will be gathered.

Change what is in your heart and God will guide you to the straight path.

008.053 That is because Allah never changeth the grace He hath bestowed on any people until they first change that which is in their hearts, and (that is) because Allah is Hearer, Knower.

And know that beside you are two invisible guardians who write down what you say, think and do. Your own soul will bear witness on you on the day of Judgment. Fear God, slander not His messengers and ask forgiveness for your vile utterances. God is Merciful always ready to show mercy.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
the paraclete is none other then the prophet muhhamed

Ok so you use that part of scripture.

why does Jesus say this.

" Baptise all creatures in the name of the father son and holy spirit " ?

and also why does all the apostles and Jesus himself call himself the messiah? yet allah says listen to jesus and muslims themselves use scripture to defend their position?

peace.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

The OT dates further back than 1000 BC. Heck, the book of Genesis covers the first 2,000 years of human record.

Truth is the OT is a "record of God" beginning in 4,000 BC.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Christ is the God of the OT, which means he is the God who created ada and eve from the very beggining, this is what christianity is, a continuation of the OT.

John 8:54-55:

"Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? [Abraham had been dead two thousand years.] Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you,

BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, I AM."

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

SuperSlovak,

The Surrender of one's will to God (Islam), is the only religion God sent down. Jesus didn't establish a new religion, he didn't bring new Laws, but confirmed the Laws of God given to Moses and announced the coming of the seal of the prophets, the Prophet Muhammad.

061.006 And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is Muhammad (the praised one). Yet when he hath come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic.

033.040 Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the seal of the Prophets; and Allah is ever Aware of all things.

If you truly love God, follow the religion of his messengers, not the religion that man has established to gain worldly goods and worldly influence.

003.031 Say, O Muhammad, to mankind: If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

003.083 Seek they other than the religion of Allah, when unto Him submitteth whosoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and unto Him they will be returned.

003.085 And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.

Believe in God when He say that only religion He will accept is the Surrender to Him, if you don't want to be a loser in the hearafter.

004.125 Who is better in religion than he who surrendereth his purpose to Allah while doing good (to men) and followeth the tradition of Abraham, the upright ? Allah (Himself) chose Abraham for friend.

Jesus and his disciples are Muslims, according to the Holy Qur'an, and God is sufficient witness.

005.111 And when I inspired the disciples of Jesus, (saying): Believe in Me and in My messenger, they said: We believe. Bear witness that we have surrendered (unto Thee) "we are Muslims".

God created each of us individually, and we will return to Him individually, no soul bearing the burden of another. You're the only one responsible for your soul, accept God's guidance and do not let yourself be one of those who regret that they did not follow the messenger when guidance has been shown to them.

Imagine a scene that you could be in on the Day of Resurrection, which side will you choose to be on?

007.034 And every nation hath its term, and when its term cometh, they cannot put it off an hour nor yet advance (it).

007.035 O Children of Adam! When messengers of your own come unto you who narrate unto you My revelations, then whosoever refraineth from evil and amendeth - there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

007.036 But they who deny Our revelations and scorn them - each are rightful owners of the Fire; they will abide therein.

007.037 Who doeth greater wrong than he who inventeth a lie concerning Allah or denieth Our tokens. (For such) their appointed portion of the Book (of destiny) reacheth them till, when Our messengers come to gather them, they say: Where (now) is that to which ye cried beside Allah ? They say: They have departed from us. And they testify against themselves that they were disbelievers.

007.038 He saith: Enter into the Fire among nations of the jinn and humankind who passed away before you. Every time a nation entereth, it curseth its sister (nation) till, when they have all been made to follow one another thither, the last of them saith unto the first of them: Our Lord! These led us astray, so give them double torment of the Fire. He saith: For each one there is double (torment), but ye know not.

007.039 And the first of them saith unto the last of them: Ye were no whit better than us, so taste the doom for what ye used to earn.

007.040 Lo! they who deny Our revelations and scorn them, for them the gates of heaven will nor be opened not will they enter the Garden until the camel goeth through the needle's eye. Thus do We requite the guilty.

007.041 Theirs will be a bed of hell, and over them coverings (of hell). Thus do We requite wrong-doers.

007.042 But (as for) those who believe and do good works - We tax not any soul beyond its scope - Such are rightful owners of the Garden. They abide therein.

007.043 And We remove whatever rancour may be in their hearts. Rivers flow beneath them. And they say: The praise to Allah, Who hath guided us to this. We could not truly have been led aright if Allah had not guided us. Verily the messengers of our Lord did bring the Truth. And it is cried unto them: This is the Garden. Ye inherit it for what ye used to do.

007.044 And the dwellers of the Garden cry unto the dwellers of the Fire: We have found that which our Lord promised us (to be) the Truth. Have ye (too) found that which your Lord promised the Truth ? They say: Yea, verily. And a crier in between them crieth: The curse of Allah is on evil-doers,

007.045 Who debar (men) from the path of Allah and would have it crooked, and who are disbelievers in the Last Day.

007.046 Between them is a veil. And on the Heights are men who know them all by their marks. And they call unto the dwellers of the Garden: Peace be unto you! They enter it not although they hope (to enter).

007.047 And when their eyes are turned toward the dwellers of the Fire, they say: Our Lord! Place us not with the wrong-doing folk.

007.048 And the dwellers on the Heights call unto men whom they know by their marks, (saying): What did your multitude and that in which ye took your pride avail you ?

007.049 Are these they of whom ye swore that Allah would not show them mercy ? (Unto them it hath been said): Enter the Garden. No fear shall come upon you nor is it ye who will grieve.

007.050 And the dwellers of the Fire cry out unto the dwellers of the Garden: Pour on us some water or some wherewith Allah hath provided you. They say: Lo! Allah hath forbidden both to disbelievers (in His guidance),

007.051 Who took their religion for a sport and pastime, and whom the life of the world beguiled. So this day We have forgotten them even as they forgot the meeting of this their Day and as they used to deny Our tokens.

Praise be to God who guides whom He wills to the straight path.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

SuperSlovak,

The Surrender of one's will to God (Islam), is the only religion God sent down. Jesus didn't establish a new religion, he didn't bring new Laws, but confirmed the Laws of God given to Moses and announced the coming of the seal of the prophets, the Prophet Muhammad.

061.006 And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is Muhammad (the praised one). Yet when he hath come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic.

033.040 Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the seal of the Prophets; and Allah is ever Aware of all things.

If you truly love God, follow the religion of his messengers, not the religion that man has established to gain worldly goods and worldly influence.

003.031 Say, O Muhammad, to mankind: If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

003.083 Seek they other than the religion of Allah, when unto Him submitteth whosoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and unto Him they will be returned.

003.085 And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.

Believe in God when He say that only religion He will accept is the Surrender to Him, if you don't want to be a loser in the hearafter.

004.125 Who is better in religion than he who surrendereth his purpose to Allah while doing good (to men) and followeth the tradition of Abraham, the upright ? Allah (Himself) chose Abraham for friend.

Jesus and his disciples are Muslims, according to the Holy Qur'an, and God is sufficient witness.

005.111 And when I inspired the disciples of Jesus, (saying): Believe in Me and in My messenger, they said: We believe. Bear witness that we have surrendered (unto Thee) "we are Muslims".

God created each of us individually, and we will return to Him individually, no soul bearing the burden of another. You're the only one responsible for your soul, accept God's guidance and do not let yourself be one of those who regret that they did not follow the messenger when guidance has been shown to them.

Imagine a scene that you could be in on the Day of Resurrection, which side will you choose to be on?

007.034 And every nation hath its term, and when its term cometh, they cannot put it off an hour nor yet advance (it).

007.035 O Children of Adam! When messengers of your own come unto you who narrate unto you My revelations, then whosoever refraineth from evil and amendeth - there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

007.036 But they who deny Our revelations and scorn them - each are rightful owners of the Fire; they will abide therein.

007.037 Who doeth greater wrong than he who inventeth a lie concerning Allah or denieth Our tokens. (For such) their appointed portion of the Book (of destiny) reacheth them till, when Our messengers come to gather them, they say: Where (now) is that to which ye cried beside Allah ? They say: They have departed from us. And they testify against themselves that they were disbelievers.

007.038 He saith: Enter into the Fire among nations of the jinn and humankind who passed away before you. Every time a nation entereth, it curseth its sister (nation) till, when they have all been made to follow one another thither, the last of them saith unto the first of them: Our Lord! These led us astray, so give them double torment of the Fire. He saith: For each one there is double (torment), but ye know not.

007.039 And the first of them saith unto the last of them: Ye were no whit better than us, so taste the doom for what ye used to earn.

007.040 Lo! they who deny Our revelations and scorn them, for them the gates of heaven will nor be opened not will they enter the Garden until the camel goeth through the needle's eye. Thus do We requite the guilty.

007.041 Theirs will be a bed of hell, and over them coverings (of hell). Thus do We requite wrong-doers.

007.042 But (as for) those who believe and do good works - We tax not any soul beyond its scope - Such are rightful owners of the Garden. They abide therein.

007.043 And We remove whatever rancour may be in their hearts. Rivers flow beneath them. And they say: The praise to Allah, Who hath guided us to this. We could not truly have been led aright if Allah had not guided us. Verily the messengers of our Lord did bring the Truth. And it is cried unto them: This is the Garden. Ye inherit it for what ye used to do.

007.044 And the dwellers of the Garden cry unto the dwellers of the Fire: We have found that which our Lord promised us (to be) the Truth. Have ye (too) found that which your Lord promised the Truth ? They say: Yea, verily. And a crier in between them crieth: The curse of Allah is on evil-doers,

007.045 Who debar (men) from the path of Allah and would have it crooked, and who are disbelievers in the Last Day.

007.046 Between them is a veil. And on the Heights are men who know them all by their marks. And they call unto the dwellers of the Garden: Peace be unto you! They enter it not although they hope (to enter).

007.047 And when their eyes are turned toward the dwellers of the Fire, they say: Our Lord! Place us not with the wrong-doing folk.

007.048 And the dwellers on the Heights call unto men whom they know by their marks, (saying): What did your multitude and that in which ye took your pride avail you ?

007.049 Are these they of whom ye swore that Allah would not show them mercy ? (Unto them it hath been said): Enter the Garden. No fear shall come upon you nor is it ye who will grieve.

007.050 And the dwellers of the Fire cry out unto the dwellers of the Garden: Pour on us some water or some wherewith Allah hath provided you. They say: Lo! Allah hath forbidden both to disbelievers (in His guidance),

007.051 Who took their religion for a sport and pastime, and whom the life of the world beguiled. So this day We have forgotten them even as they forgot the meeting of this their Day and as they used to deny Our tokens.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

So much for our "free will" then...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This thread is hilarious! A perfect example of how self-righteous and naive people can be!

Someone posts something, and is shot down by someone else. A third person shoots down the second (with help from the first person, who is gleefully happy to join in for revenge), who is amazed and miffed at being shot down (not realising they did the same thing to the first person).

The amount of misinformation and mistaken information here is staggeringly hilarious as well. While it's fun to watch, I thought I might jump in and attempt to straighten a few things out:

Myrtales Instinct: Nobody holds copyright on the ideas of Christianity. A jewish person could come in, and start complaining that you took a piece of THEIR religion, and twisted it, and used it for grandstanding on a pedestal.

JesusisTruth: Yes, the Quran says that Jesus was a prophet. It acknowledges that he was also the messiah prophesied in the Old Testament. There is not a contradiction here, unless one adds their own definitions of what a messiah is.

Whereistruth: Islam and Christianity came roughly 300 years after Judaism, which was the first religion?

Feydrautha: Which Christian blacksmith did the Prophet of Islam learn from? I'm curious to know what you think, because I've heard the zaniest theories about where Muhammad got his information from (one of the funnier ones being that his wife was a secret member nun of an underground sect of Catholicism
). Also, what power, wealth and unbridled sex did Muhammad enjoy? According to the histories, he did his own chores, sewing, cooking, etc., and that most of his wives were widows.

noobfun: Before Muhammad changed the direction of prayer from the Temple in Jerusalem to the Ka'abah in Mecca, nobody prayed towards it. Many people prayed while at the ka'abah, but this is hardly the same thing. Also, the casual way you treat the history of Jesus seems to conflict with the detail you have provided. At a glance, it seems (and please, correct me if I am wrong) you perused a few websites with a couple of interesting ideas, and mixed it up in your head for conclusive evidence of a position you had already taken. For example, you claim that the sword used to slay the bull in Mithaic mythology is the same symbol used by christians. However, the tauroctony (the image/statue where Mithras kills the bull) gives no separate, special importance to the sword, and more importantly, since we're talking about the Romans here, it'd be important to note that the romans didn't even use a cruciform sword! Their gladius was relatively straight. Anyhow, Mithraism was relatively contemporary to early christianity (and in some cases was considered a 'competitor'), so it's no surprise that they are similar.

Where would Jesus have obtained Buddhist texts, and which buddhist text mentions turning the other cheek? I mean, you could argue that Jesus stole from older scriptures because he said to 'Be nice, which the older scriptures said. Also, I'm not sure where you got your information from, but which part of the OT is a word-for-word quote of the Egyptian Book of the Dead?

Islamic belief entails that all people and tribes of the world were given a prophet and a revelation, but most of these were distorted over time, so a final book was sent down. So if you point out similarities to other religions to a muslim, this doesn't necessarily disprove Islam.

Yahn goodey: Since Islam is not flesh and blood, I don't see how your quote from Paul is applicable.

Zedda: According to the Quran, Messengers were sent to every tribe and people on the earth. I'm not sure about the exact number, but I think it's 124,000 prophets/messengers in total, with maybe 25(?) mentioned in the Quran. As for free will, the Quran makes clear that while God helps and guides many (and knows all that will happen), it is person's own choice that sets it all for them.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by babloyi]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

Zedda: According to the Quran, Messengers were sent to every tribe and people on the earth. I'm not sure about the exact number, but I think it's 124,000 prophets/messengers in total, with maybe 25(?) mentioned in the Quran. As for free will, the Quran makes clear that while God helps and guides many (and knows all that will happen), it is person's own choice that sets it all for them.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by babloyi]

Thanks for your response,

What happens to the people who have not become Muslims after been visited by Messengers.

Are you a Muslim? Do you actually believe that prophets were sent everywhere on Earth?

I am sorry, I don't understand the "free will" bit, can you explain how God guides many. ( why not all?)

All the best+

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Zedda Piras

WERE sent. No more are coming. Muhammad is supposed to be the 'Seal of the Prophets', with the final revelation of God for all mankind.

I do know that almost all religions on the earth have an insane amount of similarities, even when they were disconnected from each other.

I don't know what will happen to people who didn't become muslim- only God knows what's in people's hearts. However, I believe if one was ignorant of Islam, they will be forgiven, depending on how they lived.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You are living in La La Land and you are an adulterer for not marrying yourself to Christ. He is the bridegroom. Men hear his voice and they are glad and their joy is made complete. John the Baptist was way more Holy than Muhammad and he testified that Jesus IS the Son of God. John was filled from the womb with the Holy Spirit (who is NOT Muhammad) and he went straight for the juglar of Herod, who was an adulterer. John got his head cut off for pointing out adultery to people. NEWSFLASH, times have changed and they can't do crap to me for pointing out the obvious.

Jesus came to reconcile men and women to the real God, the one that you do not know. You are a woman and you are supposed to put him first. Amazing things happen, to those he courts.

See, there are some things, that are mysterious, that you don't know about. You keep picking and choosing, what you feel is necessary to back up your erroneous claims, but a smart woman would realize that in the Son of God's testimony, a reoccuring theme keeps popping up, and that is adultery and a wedding.

You fail as a woman, to see the bigger picture and you fail miserably to understand the Son of God.

"The SPIRIT and the BRIDE say Come LORD Jesus!!"

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join