It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama 'wanted to join US military'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

You've got to be kidding me! What a lame attempt to make Obama look good.

"Barack Obama has said he considered joining the United States military when he left school but decided not to because the Vietnam war was over and 'we weren't engaged in an active military conflict at that point'. "

Wow, what a tough guy!!! He'd have joined as long as he could have been in action, busting caps, charging around with a bloody bayonet in his teeth, but since the war was over, he didn't want to join.

Funny, this doesn't show up in any of his books????

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The only things worse than American media shilling for Obama, is foreign media shilling for him.

According to Newsbusters, he lied about what hes already said about this.

newsbusters.org...

You know, I had to sign up for Selective Service when I graduated from high school. .... But keep in mind: I graduated in 1979. -Barack Obama

There are only two "little" problems:

1. Selective Service Registration was not possible in 1979.
2. Bob Owens at Pajamas Media noted that Obama registered with the Selective Service with an effective date of September 4, 1980.

Meaning Obama's statement, that "I had to sign up for Selective Service when I graduated from high school," is completely false.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Too bad he just never got around to it.

Too busy community organizing and smaokin'.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
WHO in their right mind, beside Matthews and Olbermann, would want to be in a fox hole with Obama?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
He could have been the next Colin Powell, if only there had of been a war.. That's just the breaks sometimes Barry.

If there's another conflict anytime soon, we'll let you be the first to enlist.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So what if Obama wasn't in the military? I considered joining the military after 9/11 but I didn't. Does that make me a terrible person? Does it mean i'm not qualified to be president? no, it does not.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
So what if Obama wasn't in the military? I considered joining the military after 9/11 but I didn't. Does that make me a terrible person? Does it mean i'm not qualified to be president? no, it does not.

No, it doesn't mean you're a bad person. It's just that Obama is suddenly pulling this lie out of his butt because they said that McCain was in the service, and that his son, Palin's son, and Biden's son are all either in Iraq or going to the AOR.

He's trying to look like the tough guy by saying he would have if we were still fighting, but since we weren't, he didn't.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

No, you're not a bad person for not enlisting. I believe that folks are pointing out Obama's convenient posturing on the matter. He has an uncanny knack of pandering for votes - and it's showing.

Come to think of it, I was thinking about developing a solution to global poverty, but since I wasn't poor I decided to do something different instead

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I wanted to vote for Obama, but ended up voting for McCain instead. Does that qualify me as a Democrat?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
So what if Obama wasn't in the military?

You missed the point. The point is that came up with a really pathetically lame lie to try to make himself look good - (and he failed miserably)

"Barack Obama has said he considered joining the United States military when he left school but decided not to because the Vietnam war was over and 'we weren't engaged in an active military conflict at that point'. "

:shk: I've seen him say some whoppers! I thought the lie he told about being conceived because of Selma Alabama was blatant and ignorant ... but this one REALLY is pathetic!

Oh .. and yes .. he forgot to put this in his books.

Funny - he wrote autobiographies already - before he did anything worth writing about.

John McCains book - Faith of My Fathers - now THAT is an amazing book!!

new topics

top topics

join