ABC's Stephanopouls, attempts to create a scandal for Obama.

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This Thursday Sarah Palin will be doing her first interview on ABC news. I beleive the chances of her getting a fair interview about zero. Given the history of the MSM and their blatent template for interviewing Republicans. I thought I'd give you all an example of what I'm talking about.

In this interview with Obama, Stephanopouls actually makes up a scandal in an attempt to shill for Obama. Its almost as if they cant help themselves while in his presence.

From the Sunday, September 7 This Week on ABC:
newsbusters.org...

RUDY GIULIANI, AT REPUBLICAN CONVENTION: He worked as a community organizer. He immersed himself in Chicago machine politics. (boos from audience)

STEPHANOPOULOS: What were you thinking when you heard the boos, the laugher?

BARACK OBAMA: It's a real puzzling thing. I mean, understand what I -- what I did, as a community organizer. When I got out of college as a young person, 24, 25 years old, I had moved to Chicago and worked with churches, who were dealing with steel plants that had closed in their neighborhoods, to set up job training programs for the unemployed. And after school programs for youth. And to try to deal with asbestos in homes of poor people. Community service work, which John McCain has been talking about putting country first, and extolling the virtues of national service, that's what I did between the ages of 24 and 27, before I went to law school. I would think that's what we want all our young people to do. I would think that that's an area where Democrats and Republicans would agree. So it's curious to me, that they would mock that, when I, at least think that that's exactly what young people should be doing.

STEPHANOPOULOS: You're smiling about it, but some of your supporters were listening and they heard subtle racial code.

Thats right, nobody has suggested that it has anything to do with race. Yet, George is going to make it up and set Obama up to agree with him. Obama didn't agree, but its yet another example of the media doing all it can to help Obama or paint him as a victim. Just like when Obama says hes not going to attack Palin, than watches as the media does it for a week.

A few weeks ago, the same guy was interviewing McCain and ATTACKED him for his opinion about Obama's stance on Iraq. Again, a good example of how the media treats the two parties differently. With democrats its all about getting rid of criticisms and playing the victim card. With Republicans its all about making them the villain.

Sunday, July 27 This Week in the interview taped the day before in Arizona:
newsbusters.org...

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: You've taken heat this week with your comments saying that Senator Obama would rather lose a war than win a political campaign. I can't believe you believe that.

JOHN McCAIN: Well, I'm not questioning his patriotism. I'm questioning his actions. I'm questioning his lack, total lack of understanding.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But that is questioning his patriotism. When you say someone would rather lose a war, a candidate, that's questioning his honor, his decency, his character.

Notice you'll never find this same guy never suggests that Obama is questioning Mccain's patriotism. Of course that can ONLY be done by a Republican! They constantly rail on McCain for being a warmonger and wanting "100 years in Iraq", as if they aren't questioning his patriotism. You can also tell hes on the attack in the McCain interview, where as its like a talk among friends with Obama.

There you have it. A good example of the bias we're dealing with here. After this Thursdays interview, I have no doubt many people will agree.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Consider the source. He worked for Bill Clinton's 1992 campaign and later went on to become Clinton's communications director. Think he may have a pro Dem bias? Surely not.

But one thing to keep in mind is that it'll be Charlie Gibson conducting the Palin interview. Now, I have no doubts that Gibson is a flaming liberal, however, he's also always struck me as being a professional. I expect him to conduct a decent interview.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
When I hear "community organizer", how come I always think, "Boss Tweed?"

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Consider the source. He worked for Bill Clinton's 1992 campaign and later went on to become Clinton's communications director. Think he may have a pro Dem bias? Surely not.

But one thing to keep in mind is that it'll be Charlie Gibson conducting the Palin interview. Now, I have no doubts that Gibson is a flaming liberal, however, he's also always struck me as being a professional. I expect him to conduct a decent interview.

I already have a ton of quotes and interview transcripts between him and Obama. I was going to post them here but I'll just wait till after the interview.

Some right wingers are saying that hes the best choice of all the liberal commentators, so I guess we'll just have to see.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Obama doesn't have to do the attacking, he has his MSM pitbulls do it for him. That way he can stand back and claim he's above it all. Surely American voters are not that naive or gullible..

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It used to be the the people were sheep. They believed what the media told them, all of it. But then came the age of news on line, forums, blogs, and fast candidate approachable interaction with the public. Because the media comes at us so fast and not at 7pm like in the 60's and 70's it becomes much easier to see the bias. The people today are not so much sheep anymore. And the more the media continues to do as they have done in recent weeks, the more McCain and Palin will increase in the polls. Truth has a way of getting itself out there.

Americans love an underdog. They love to come to the defense of the persecuted and abused and defend them. Because the media is going after McCain and Palin hammer and tong, more and more people are rallying to them in record numbers. Obama is looking more like the Chicago politician, a down and dirty fighter who would trash the wife, the kids, and the family for gain. A person who attacks the person instead of the ideas and record.

It's too late for Obama now, but he should have taken a lesson from McCain who gets it. During the Democrat convention, McCain complimented Obama, and that was it. He didn't go on O'Reilly and try to steal the show. He didn't trash the wife and kids. McCain knows from his war experience that you don't make your opponant the object of sympathy. No, instead you keep to the issues and go foward. This mistake will be the downfall of Obama.

I hope the media and the Obama campaign continues to self destruct as they are doing. As for me, I will be voting for McCain and Palin.

top topics

join