It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Sarah Palin: The Real Republican Presidential Nominee?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I have been thinking about a number of odd coincidences and occurences throughout this campaign. When someone starts to put them together and think what if these are not coincidences, we might have a genuine conspiracy.

While some people think Governor Palin is some kind of a Trojan Horse, I have come to the conclusion it isn't Palin but McCain who might be a Trojan Horse.

I found it quite odd how McCain came to the forefront of the Republican primaries and also quite odd how Romney dropped out when he still had a fighting chance for the nomination. McCain isn't very charismatic, doesn't appeal to evangelical conservatives, and usually does poor when giving speeches, yet somehow he still secured the nomination.

McCain is not your typical Republican. Most of his fundraising has been from the same people that supported Hillary Clinton, from banking and telecommunications sources. This is not like Bush who had the support of the Energy and Defense Industries. I have to question how could McCain get the Republican nomination without the support of its core of the Energy and Defense Industries?

Then Governor Palin arrives out of nowhere. She's intelligent, attractive, conservative, and a great orator. She appears to have the support of the Energy Industries and Evangelicals. She's almost too perfect and supposedly chosen at the last minute.

What really struck me as odd was at the RNC when McCain ended his speech at the end of the convention, the song that was played. "Barracuda" by Heart. No one is questioning why a song that is being used to reference Governor Palin's nickname Barracuda was used since Heart is throwing fit over its use at the RNC. Some should ask why a song was used to reference Governor Palin rather than something used to reference McCain. Was the RNC for her or him? So why the weirdness with the music?

Governor Palin is now riding high on a wave of popularity. McCain seems more like her VP running mate than the other way around.

McCain himself is 72 years old and has had health problems. If something happened between now and the election, I am almost positive that she could carry on just fine and with the sympathy that would come from the loss of the war hero John McCain.

The other possibility is if something happens to McCain while in office then she would become president.

My feeling is that the real powers that be in the Republican Party may have chose Governor Palin as a Darkhorse behind closed doors as someone that the energy and defense industries could support.

I wonder what the chances are of that?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well, considering the way the democrats prefer to compare her credentials to Barack Obama's, you'd think she was in fact the one running for President rather than VP. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Of course Barack should have a more impressive resume, bit I think they're failing to make their case to the public.

All this Palin is only a couple of heart beats away from the Presidency is ridiculous as well. McCain is 72, and has had a few bouts with skin cancer, but he passed his physical with flying colors. what about Joe Biden? He's 65, apparently likes to drink, and had surgery for two brain aneurysms already. Is he also just a couple of heart beats away from dropping dead?

What you say though does bear a little scrutiny though. Good post. Starred and flagged.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I too wondered why she didn't run. She is a natural.

God forbid if McCain would die or even just retire and go the **** away from being far too old for the office.

As a Republican, I'm pumped for 4 years from now with Palin against Clinton(s).

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I am surprised there hasn't been more reaction to this.

I should mention I am not a Democrat or a Barack Obama supporter. Im pretty conservative on most issues. Heck I even like Governor Palin(She reminds me of the Baroness
), but I find it odd how she came out of nowhere, dominates the media, and then the RNC plays a song alluding to her at the end of the convention like she was the nominee and not McCain.

So technically this is not an attack or anti Governor Palin thread. As far as I know it may be perfectly legal for a political party to do that. We have been doing primaries for less than 100 years and if the Democrats and the superdelegates are any indication they chose their nominee instead of picking Hillary Clinton who had the most votes in the primaries.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Mike , I have a slightly different take, I think they are preparing her for first woman president.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I say you are on to something. What I find even odder is that both McCain and OBama were the last people you would think would win their party nomination.
Yet There they are. Are we in the twilight zone or what. Basicall what you describe happened to both party.

Great post op.

top topics

join