It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day The Earth Stood Still...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I think The Day The Earth Stood Still is a fantastic movie. It was made way back in 1951, but was way ahead of its time. I personally think that whoever wrote it was privy to some classified information about UFO technology, as well as a possible covert plan by what is referred to as the "shadow government" to unite the world. "They" could use this technology to create an enigmatic and shocking "extraterrestrial" visitation on a global scale. The same idea that people like Stan Deyo have referred to many times. If it is done in a way similar to how it was depicted in The Day The Earth Stood Still, I support it- even if it would be a "hoax".

I am excited by James Fox and Friends' Disclosure Fest that has kicked off on CNN with Larry King, and the brilliant timing and reporting of the Stephenville, TX UFO sightings. I do hope, however, that it won't turn into something really sinister. Something similar to what Werner Von Braun warned about and what people like Steven Greer have tried to tell the public about.

In any case, I remain on the edge of my seat, and I wait in anticipation of Steven Spielberg's remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still which is being produced right now. I also await more serious reports of UFOs in the major media and more UFO sightings in America, regardless of whether they are extraterrestrial or man-made. The wonder and mystery they invoke in the imagination of the people, as well as the implications of a technology far superior to the current status quo, and the possibility of an intelligence "above" humanity that could help us, are all important sociological factors that give the great potential of creating cascades of positive change and global transformation AND the uniting of humanity.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
im not sure what to expect from the movie, ive seen the trailer which seems a bit too sensationalistic for steven, but hey, bigger is better right?

close encounters had a fantastic feel to the visitation experience,

havinga huge mothership rise out of the water (such as with the day the earth stood still) may be a little to unrealisitc in my eyes.

never the less, i will be open to whatever he has planned, and im looking forward to keanu since im a huge fan.

i wont spend time watching the original make only because i want a fresh steven spielberg intro!

cant wait till dec 12th.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mindmatter

I loved the original movie as well, I liked the fact that it was a moral tale about man's destructive spirit, and the State's lust for warfare.

Like you guys, I have not seen the new version of the movie Alas, I fear that the New Movie's "theme" will be about the environment....

I think the new movie will appear as if, Gore himself rewrote the entire script. One give away is this line in the new film, "If the earth dies you die, If you die the Earth survives..."

Granted I could be all wrong the movie maybe an exact remake, faithful to the original, but my money is against it, and all I need to make that judgment is by looking at all the other recent remakes...

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i am with you completely. the original was a fantastically done film way ahead of its time.
however i fear that the remake will destroy the story of the original as the yanks always have a way of portraying themselves as the hero's in films.
in the original the world was saved by a women stopping the robot, but i can imagine that won't be the case hear.
i do however look forward to the new film for the effects, i have seen the previews on the apple website and it does looks very good,.. i cant wait until dec the 12th,...

maybe they are slowly trying to show us the unfortunate truth.?
maybe we have been given this option stop fighting or be destroyed?
maybe they have made contact
or maybe i am completely wrong but its something to think about..

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i am with you completely. the original was a fantastically done film way ahead of its time.
however i fear that the remake will destroy the story of the original as the yanks always have a way of portraying themselves as the hero's in films.
in the original the world was saved by a women stopping the robot, but i can imagine that won't be the case hear.
i do however look forward to the new film for the effects, i have seen the previews on the apple website and it does looks very good,.. i cant wait until dec the 12th,...

maybe they are slowly trying to show us the unfortunate truth.?
maybe we have been given this option stop fighting or be destroyed?
maybe they have made contact
or maybe i am completely wrong but its something to think about..

top topics

join