It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Why the fascination with the end of the world?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

A huge particle accelerator is about to be switched on and a tiny group of people believe it could spell the end of the world. But why are we so obsessed with the possibility of apocalypse?

Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

Thought you all might find this interesting.

Cheers,

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So what are peoples thoughts?

Do you agree witht he article? As human beings do we have an obsession/fascination with the end of mankind?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
People like to have an end, to something, so they can start again. Death and birth and all that.

You will probably find, half people want the end of the world, and half do not. Most lifes are #, just look at the amount of alcohol consumed.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

It has to happen sometime. I think that many people wouldn't mind being there when it all goes down. Obviously, it runs deeper than this but I think there is truth to it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
People like to have an end, to something, so they can start again. Death and birth and all that.

You will probably find, half people want the end of the world, and half do not. Most lifes are #, just look at the amount of alcohol consumed.

I think your right. I find it strange aswell that some people seem to want another world war or major catastrophe to happen in their lifetimes, its sort of like morbid curiosity maybe?

As if they want to experience these events for themselves, I'm not sure exactly.

I agree with the birth and end etc, personally I do NOT want the world to end even after I'v died as hopefully I'll have children that continue to exist in it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

i think that pretty much sums it up Karl. Everyone wants to be part of the big picture. Even if that requires them to be blown up by holy bombs, eaten by zombies, zapped by aliens or have a volcanic tsunami smack them in the face; they're up for it!

top topics

join