It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Chemist-LHC CERN-Disaster In Four Years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There isn't a remote possibility of anything great for mankind that is going to come out of this experiment.

Why?

If anything is discovered, it will be kept secret and used for military purposes. Huge projects like this aren't funded for man's advancement, its for secret circles to develop new weapons to dominate the globe. Ever hear of HARP? Scientists, physics gurus, engineers, all involved there most likely, with billions spent on it. Have any idea what good HARP has brought man? Even better, have any idea of what this project does period?

These people are tinkering with forces that are beyond man's control. They should have called this project "pandoras box."

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70
There isn't a remote possibility of anything great for mankind that is going to come out of this experiment.

Why?

If anything is discovered, it will be kept secret and used for military purposes. Huge projects like this aren't funded for man's advancement, its for secret circles to develop new weapons to dominate the globe. Ever hear of HARP? Scientists, physics gurus, engineers, all involved there most likely, with billions spent on it. Have any idea what good HARP has brought man? Even better, have any idea of what this project does period?

These people are tinkering with forces that are beyond man's control. They should have called this project "pandoras box."

It sounds like you're looking for a direct pay off and no that won't happen.

At first electromagnetism was just a conceptual idea, an experiment and now it's given us a massive chunk of our technology. Not directly, but the proof of concept allowed for others to run with it and do countless things.

HAARP was a proof of concept device as well, are you entirely sure that there have been no scientific papers published dealing with the results of that experiment that have led to developments in any field?

The LHC could open the door for thousands of new ideas and inventions based on those ideas. Discovering the atom in itself was not useful directly, people had to take the knowledge of particle physics which came out of this discovery and turn it into useful developments.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I think this experiment is BS.

Who makes a device that make atoms smash into each other!!!!!!

Sounds like a nuke to me!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE

Originally posted by super70

The LHC could open the door for thousands of new ideas and inventions based on those ideas. Discovering the atom in itself was not useful directly, people had to take the knowledge of particle physics which came out of this discovery and turn it into useful developments.

The discovery of the atom lead to the atomic arms race. Scientists perform these experiments out of fascination, while the military rings their hands with anticipation of unimaginable weapons to dominate and destroy other humans. Once the experiment is proven a success, the scientists are kicked out and the weapons makers are brought in. Same old story. This technology (atoms) has not cured cancer or given man free energy sources. It has released the genie that cannot be put back in the bottle. Thanks to that discovery, man has never been closer to his own self-destruction. Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that if Einstein go go back in time, would he still give man the ability to split the atom? He knew he had made an enormous error in judgement.
What will come out of the hadron experiment? Let us hope nothing.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well, it looks like another LHC problem. After the successful hack of the LHC CMS network a few weeks ago, Cern will shut down the LHC for 2 months, due to a leak of helium.
It's beginning to look like Cern is the gang that couldn't shoot straight:
www.efluxmedia.com...

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) was shut down by the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and will remain that way for at least the next two months. The cause of this measure was a helium leak that occurred after an accident on Friday.

The gigantic particle accelerator built 330 feet underground along the French-Swiss border was damaged far worse than researchers had estimated, but it posed no threat to the personnel working there.

Officials of the project said it all started with a flawed electrical connection between two magnets. The connection melted, caused a mechanical blunder and then caused the helium leak. CERN researchers must warm the damaged section so they can fix the problem and this will take a while. The operating temperature of the LHC is of minus 271.3 degrees Celsius (minus 456.3 degrees Fahrenheit).

"Because the LHC is a superconducting machine that works at very low temperatures, in order to get in and fix it we've got to warm it up, then we go and fix it, and then we cool it down again,” said CERN spokesman James Gillies.

I don't know about anyone else, but with all of these problems, should we really be gambling with the future of the earth, if these guys can't:
1.)prevent hackers from getting to their network
2.) Install PLUMBING that doesn't leak.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
well i am impressed not even conventional science knows for sure exactly what a black hole is, yet here we have a number of members who apparently know exactly what it is, damn i am impressesd

we have scientists still trying to understand the nature of a black hole and all they had to do was log into ATS, ill just shoot off a few emails and let them know to drop all their studies as the question"what is a black hole" has been answered and to continue such studies would be a waste of time and resources

and as to all those so called knowedgable scientists saying its safe

Barely a week after it was powered up for the first time, the Large Hadron Collider was shut down temporarily when an electrical fault struck a cooling system for the high-powered magnets responsible for steering beams of particles through the tunnel. It should really come as no surprise that problems would pop up from time to time given the immense complexity of the LHC—a sentiment echoed by an LHC spokesman when she said that stoppages would be" normal" given the fact that the system is still in its commissioning phase

yea sure everything is fine, they meant to do that ... rite???

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Latest update:

Update September 23, 2008 - Large Hadron Collider Damage
More Serious and Won't Re-start Until Spring 2009.

CERN insiders are saying that “a significant number of collider magnets have been damaged in first test on September 10, 2008 - possibly more are damaged than number of spare back-up magnets.” So, officially now the LHC won't fire another proton beam again until spring of 2009.

www.earthfiles.com...

As I said, this is the gang that can't shoot straight. I don't want them gambling with the future of mankind, when they can't even fix the plumbing.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
i'm living in switzerland and i got pretty upset about this a while ago when it was all over the swiss newspapers... all i read was black holes, and black holes. there is an uncertain danger of doing this, for we never done anything like it before. nobody knows. therefore it should have been decided by the worldwide people. and i actually don't see any reason why we should be doing it. i mean, look at the costs of this project of about 9 billions ? 9 billions for mankinds stupid curiosity which is going to kill us one day anyway.

on our level of spirituality, people will never find out 'what it is all about'. we will find out, when it's our time to find out. and right now, what we are supposed to do, is change, act as a part of nature, as a part of the universe, stop killing each other and help others, and not spend 9 billions for such a ridiculous project. we are meant to walk natures ways, not to take over natures ways.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by JoeGroomlake]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join