It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Chemist-LHC CERN-Disaster In Four Years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

German Chemist-LHC CERN-Disaster In Four Years

www.dailymail.co.uk

Professor Otto Rossler, a retired German chemist, said he feared the experiment may create a devastating quasar – a mass of energy fuelled by black holes – inside the Earth.

"Nothing will happen for at least four years," he said. "Then someone will spot a light ray coming out of the Indian Ocean during the night and no one will be able to explain it."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.technewsworld.com
www.washingtonpost.com

[edit on 9-8-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

[edit on 9-8-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

mod edit: title

[edit on 8-9-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I understand that the Large Hadron Collider has been discussed back and forth in regards to the concerns of such experiments on Earth. However, this German Professor Otto Rossler provides not only a new and interesting idea for the possible negative side-affects, he also presents an interesting timeline as well.

I for one am highly anticipating the ability to create and control man-made Black Holes, as this would for once provide an extremely realistic possibility towards Time Travel. I would be naive though, to state that such experiments do not carry with them great risks. Every precaution must be taken to ensure the Magnetic Fields remain intact during such testing, so as to keep any and all Particles isolated from the World around us. Whether it be Black Holes, Fusion Reactions, or Anti-Matter Collisions, any leakage along such Colliders could result in Major Catastrophes.

BTW, visit the FoxNews link to take a look at the Massive CERN Computer Bank.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
in 4 years, so that would be 2012

i don't know what to believe when it comes to LHC anymore.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HatFoilTin

2012 sounds like such a fun year doesn't it?

It's got natural disasters, paradigm shifts, the apocalypse, the arrival of planet x, the NWO takeover, black holes swallowing up the earth, aliens invading earth, etc. Its got the whole deal.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Well said, its always the same thing, just a different day.

Just a bunch of fear mongering if you ask me. I think C.E.R.N.'s L.H.C. is going to be great advantage to understanding the make-up of our universe. It could lead to advances in unimaginable things.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
since the Aliens are coming on October 14th, 2008, we won't have to be around to see it! hahahaha (evil laugh)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius
Well said, its always the same thing, just a different day.

Just a bunch of fear mongering if you ask me. It could lead to advances in unimaginable things.

I am just curious, why are you open to the idea that it will lead to advances in unimaginable things, but when someone suggests something unimaginable about it, you label it as fear mongering?

I am not saying that the LHC will destroy the world. I just don't really understand the people who speak with such conviction that nothing bad will happen.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Hello there,
You ppl just don't get it - do you know what the black holes are?
They are a supermassive stars, so massive that the light can't escape from them (that's why they are black)...
How you think the LHC produce such massive object? - The anser is Not possible

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I was under the impression that the LHC is a tool entirely dedicated to physics, does chemistry come into play enough for a retired chemist to make such a claim?

edit: NVM article also states that he was a physicist.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by eNumbra]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hello,
I think this statements are impossible, the LHC just CANNOT produce black hole, because the black hole is supermassive star and it is so massive that it can hold the light and become black...
So any of these theories about black holes are simply funny

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The black holes are not huge stars, these things grow up with by the amount of materia that swallow.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

If black holes don't emit Hawkingsradiation they would never disappear so their energy level would be ∞. This only possibly if they open connections to an ∞ amount of parallel universes or if the size of the universe is ∞. But then all blackholes would have ∞ energy, so all blackholes should be of equal size wich is ∞ ,but they aren't! Their energy is not ∞ and mini black holes would just disappear. So my conclusion Hawkingsradiation exists. You can't have a reaction without reaction products. And btw it's not even proven that black holes exist.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by HEroX]

[edit on 8-9-2008 by HEroX]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Of course it is proven that the black holes exist – read the tons of astronomy articles and books – they bent the rays of light (so called gravity lens) and also suck huge amount of material from nearby stars, they change the orbits of neighboring objects…
So they exist and also are massive – so, knowing that, you can conclude that the LHC just can’t produce them, simply because it doesn’t have so much mass…

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

The problem is that we have no way of "manipulating" black holes other than creating them. And the black holes CERN could potentially create are so miniscule that they only last a tiny fraction of a second because of hawking radiaiton. But that all depends on whether or not Hawking radiation is even real (which we actually don't even know).

But there have been other "atom smashers" built over the last decade or two that also got people all freaked out about the apocalypse. Nothing ever happened..

Hawking radiation is just a theory but it isn't just a well-regarded theory for no reason. It seems to expain alot..Scientifically I mean..

Think about it.... If black holes did nothing but grow exponentially in size at an exponential rate of growth, the universe would NOT exist. The universe would have been consumed by super-huge, unimaginably fast-growing black holes billions of years ago. As long as there have been massive stars there have been black holes.. The rate of expansion of the universe would NEVER have been able to outrun the exponential growth-rate of black holes and ever-increasing number of those black holes that exist in the universe. Because if they only get bigger, then they only get bigger faster. They would never die, and all the universe would have to look forward to is more and more black holes encroaching on its territory.. They would exist indefinately until they finally destroyed our universe altogether.

Having a quasar in your backyard isn't exactly my idea of a good time.. But this entire concept that black holes somehow have the ability to grow exponentially doesn't make sense.. If people are willing to believe THIS as theory, then why are they so willing to throw out the theory of Hawking radiation when the scientists themselves probably have a better grasp on this than most of us anyway?

-ChriS

[edit on 9-9-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HEroX

You're exactly right, if we are correct, then the CERN collider cannot create a black hole as it would violate the law of conservation of mass.

Although, if you are wrong, then the possibility exists, however, to create such a superdense object would result in nothing more than a singularity, a black hole so minute that it exists at a single point for a single instant, especially if Hawkings Radiation does exist.

That last part sort of just came out but sounded alright. Any scientists call foul on that?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Loki]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Wow, thats ridiculous, just thinkin about that gives me shivers, and its only tomorrow when they turn that dang thing on, jeeze... lol

I wonder what it must be like to live right above that device, all those magnets, must interfere with electronics and stuff, probably give you some atomic brain cancer of some sort, lol

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

In the words of Pinhead from Hellraiser... "We have such sites to show you"

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
There is so much exaggerated hype about the LHC.

Every minute of every day the earth is bombarded by cosmic rays (which contain particles) some of these rays hit the earth with more energy than that which will be used in the particle collisions created in the LHC.

If the case of black holes being created in the LHC and destroying the earth were true well how has the earth survived the constant bombardment by cosmic rays to this point in time without black holes, quasars etc being created and destroying us all?

The same nonsense was spouted before CERN was switched on 20 years ago. People especially so called scientists, e.g this German chemist should get acquainted with basic cosmology and physics before launching exaggerated claims to frighten people and to gain themselves so undeserved publicity.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Wow.

First it's the LHC is going to destroy the world when it's turned on, then it will destroy the world four years later.

After that, it will destroy the world in 2016, and then again in 2020!

This thing is on a non-stop world destroying spree!

It just goes to show how gullible (and pretentious) people can be.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
Wow, thats ridiculous, just thinkin about that gives me shivers, and its only tomorrow when they turn that dang thing on, jeeze... lol

I wonder what it must be like to live right above that device, all those magnets, must interfere with electronics and stuff, probably give you some atomic brain cancer of some sort, lol

Those people running the project are going to get a free trip to the moon and beyond. I'm not a bookie but I would set the over/under for about one year. Then whoosh-boom!

[edit on 9-9-2008 by son of PC]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join