It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US missions receive mysterious powder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

US missions receive mysterious powder

www.nation.com.p k

ISLAMABAD/KARACHI ��" The US Embassy in the capital and its Consulate in Karachi have received two separate envelopes containing unknown white powder on night between Thursday-Friday.

Confirming the reports, US Embassy spokesman Lou Fintor said that tests were being conducted on the substance. But he declined any comment on whether or not any embassy staffers had become sick or were under observation.

Fintor said that the two outposts leading to the embassy would remain open and there was no plan to close them. He further said that a very small number of people had touched the envelopes, and that nobody was showing any signs of illness.

The mysterious event has sparked a security scare in the US Embassy. Officials also declined to comment on the origin of envelopes or to whom they were addressed.

It may be recalled that after 9/11 attacks, there had developed a worldwide panic of Anthrax envelopes ostensibly linked to Al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussain’s

Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMDs) by the US government.

The envelopes of white powder in 2001 had inflamed a sense of fear and uncertainty across the world particularly in America. Those Anthrax virus polluted letters, usually carried, “Death to America! Death to Israel! Allah is great! slogans.

Meanwhile, the US authorities initiated a probe into the incident.

Talking to The Nation, Louis Fintor, a US embassy spokesman, confirmed that the American diplomatic outposts had received suspicious envelopes.

He said there were much better ties between Pakistan and the US but, he added, he could not comment on whether the Pakistani and Americans agencies were mutually investigating the matter or US was taking assistance form Pakistani authorities to probe that suspicious envelopes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Interesting development, seems the bio warfare could be starting already. I'm keen to know what happens when they analysis where it is from and what it is.

www.nation.com.p k
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well we don't really know if its bio terrorism though.
Why haven't they tested it and released some more info?
It could just be some happy paki who has alot of coc aine/heroin and is partying hard and though he might like to share some and thank the CIA for the global drug trade they manage so well.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Sounds to me like this is a non issue. They aren't even closing the building but yet they feel it's important enough to put it in the news. Sounds to me like it's getting close to 9/11 and we must remind people that the boogie man is still out there.

Who is the boogie man this week? Iran, Russia, China, I just can't keep track anymore.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
Sounds to me like this is a non issue. They aren't even closing the building but yet they feel it's important enough to put it in the news. Sounds to me like it's getting close to 9/11 and we must remind people that the boogie man is still out there.

Who is the boogie man this week? Iran, Russia, China, I just can't keep track anymore.

No this week the boogieman is the Large Hadron Collider built by CERN.
Next week I will assume it will be Iran again.
And a few weeks after that Russia again.

top topics

join