It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: MSNBC Security Assaults Alex Jones & Equipment With Deadly Weapon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I dont have any problems with that. People have got to do what they can to get points across. If that means shouting over people then so be it.

Im all for freedom of speech

Say what you want, Where you want and How you want

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Mach Shadows]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mach Shadows

What happens when your freedom of speech is interrupted by my freedom of speech?

In your view of the world, we can all shout it out and no one will be able to figure out what is being said.

I support true freedom of speech, not the right to interrupt the freedom of speech of others.

Say what you want by all means but let others say what they want also.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I no what your saying there. Yeah we should have the right to say what we want, but we should respect other peoples rights to say what they want.

It would be nice if we lived in a world where everybody got their turn to speak with no-one interupting them, but its no like that.

Thats why i agree with AJ shouting over other people to get heard. That happens in everday scenarios, from talking to your friend in a club to talking to him at a football match. You will always have to raise your voice up above someone so that people can hear what your trying to say.

It excatally what AJ done, only his was a bullhorn across the fellas mic

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What you two are speaking about is basic human rights.

Though, not so plainly stated by any official document, the mainstream view of the court of justice tends to look at one person's right to do something concluding when it impinges upon the rights of another individual.

In this case: Alex Jones' right to free speech impinging upon other's right to peaceful assembly.

There's no real definitive answer for who is right and who is wrong here.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'd say the tactics of shouting and in your face journalism employed by AJ are quite good. He looks like he's very annoying to "them" and sometimes it achieves the desired effect; the interviewee let's slip a piece of information that they shouldn't.

Shouting over someone is not nice, but sometimes necessary in certain situations, usually to save time on the part of the shouter.

As far as getting beaten up by bodyguards, AJ knows it's the job, and sometimes that's what's going to happen.

I honestly thought he was beaten regularly, he is very in your face, this was no surprise to me!

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Sendran]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with some bully tactics if it gets the job done. There are better ways to do it.
If it works then why not do it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It seriously boggles the mind, that a large populus of americans, still keeps swallowing the spoonfed bulls..., pouring out of the White House via the Bush/Cheney neocons buddies, who owns the media.

I can't for the life of me, not understand why the young americans, at colleges and univercities dosen't join forces nationwide. Fight at grassroot level, to keep their liberties promised them in the U.S Constitution. The apathy is so thick, you can cut it with a knife.

How big does the bullhorn need to be, before the sleeping minds will awake. Is it too late to fight the machine.? Listening to Bush Jr. is sound like everything is put in place, for the take over that without a doubt will come.

God bless us all.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I was wondering what MSNBC was going to do with the "Jones situation". I honestly thought they were going to be forced to go to a studio format. It must have been hard to do interviews up there with Alex blasting away in the background. I didn't think they would stoop to cutting his wires though. Something had to give in the situation, MSNBC made a bad choice.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mach Shadows

Originally posted by Mach Shadows
Nothing wrong with some bully tactics if it gets the job done. There are better ways to do it.
If it works then why not do it.

Because if it happened to you or AJ, you'd be screaming bloody foul. You would not support it if a bunch of thugs came to one of AJ's rallies and shouted him down, would you?

You say you support "bully tactics". So how about if the police start clubbing AJ and his followers? That's OK, according to you.

The fact is, Jones cannot in his wildest dreams draw the large crowds that he attempts to disrupt. He is a fringe element lunatic, and so must be a parasite on crowds that he cannot draw.

reply to post by Live2Love2Live

Originally posted by Live2Love2Live
I can't for the life of me, not understand why the young americans, at colleges and univercities dosen't join forces nationwide. Fight at grassroot level, to keep their liberties promised them in the U.S Constitution.

Shouting the other side down deprives them of the very liberties you want to keep. That is nothing short of fascism.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
These people are bourgeois cry babies!! They are truly pathetic. They seem to be stuck in the antiquated modality of street protesting and symbolic actions.

What response did their privileged self-entitled mind-set expect? They tried to take over someone else’s game with vapid one-liner chants in a situation with very little potential for any effective outcome, and then cry fowl when people reacted.

What would you do if MSNBC came and barked like little yap yap dogs while you were doing your thing? If they were annoying me like that I would of flattened them out; they’re lucky they didn’t.

Please people, who are your strategists? 5 year olds? And then you feel vindicated when one of their own gives you an OK? Do you think he really was hearing you? He was probably just patronizing you and really saying “okay I get it, now get the [snip][ out of here!!”

They spend their time whining about how others should get their act together. They’re just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. They want to be radicals, revolutionaries, but They’re caught up in your egos and trying to get a corrupt establishment to recognize them instead of actually doing some relevant work.

They play right into the roles that the dominant paradigm needs them to, keeping busy infighting and exposing themselves so they get some 15 minutes of fame.

I would advice them to please go back to their respective lazy-boys.

Fools, truly fools.

These days the AJ spineless supporters are just more and more a threat to people doing real work. I wouldn’t trust these [snip] who’ll sell out anyone doing real work to cover their own pansy asses as soon as someone twists their pinkie.

Mod Edit: Profanity removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 1b) Profanity. Political bickering removed. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 10/9/08 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Please, someone needs to tell Alex 'NWO cholesterol' Jones to stop with the “9/11 was an inside jooOOOoob!”

Not the blanket statement 9/11 was an inside job… but the WAY HE SAYS IT…like a little pansy, crybaby, whiny of a kid tattle telling on his/her brother/sister.

Wah! “9/11 was an inside jooOOOoob!” Wah!

Speak like a man!!! Stop with the tattle-tale way of saying “9/11 was an inside jooOOOoob!…the inflections he presents undermine his blanket statement.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Americans are lucky they have someone like Alex Jones.

Alex Jones started the 9/11 Truth movement - that is to say, he predicted it and called it an inside job right after it happened. He lost a lot of money doing this and most radio stations dropped his program, It is only in the past few years as Americans have come to realize the level of corruption in their government and the apparent coup that has occurred, deposing the Constitutional Republic, that he has been able to get those stations back - Not to mention that he was becoming popular before 9/11 and would have made millions by having larger sponsors. Fortunately for the Americans (and the rest of us); he valued truth over profits.

I won't even travel to America, that is how scared I am of their Gestapos the HSD. I don't want to disappear and be tortured for the rest of my life by psychotic American soldiers handpicked for the job. Bush authorized via John Yoo the torture-rape and mutilation of children's genitalia as a method of 'Advanced Interrogation" in front of their parents - so as to better 'persuade' the to reveal pertinent Data. It is so sick. This Truth is more horrible than anything.

I don't want to go to any country that does that. It could happen to anyone, and no one would ever know. People would just think I went missing. Nazi Germany didn't even have the courage to advertise their Evil the way NeoCon America does.

Jones lends a strong voice to your Constitution and speaks truth to power.

He is the constant target of US government psy-ops and disinfo campaigns yet he will not back down. The Malkin confrontation is a prime example

Alex Jones; The Father of 9/11 Truth and a constant champion of the Constitution.

Regardless of what the disinfo agents will say, and they will say all sorts of nonsense - they often start threads and repetitive posts which often abnormally persist

as a means to prevent new people from tuning in to Alex Jones. Such tactics cause a psychological association between Mr. Jones and the disinfo messages (ie. Alex Jones CIA Connection) they wish to implant into your psyche.

This will cause you to be dismissive of the things Alex Jones says - even though he backs up everything with documentation and tells you where to find the files/documents for yourselves. Even though he only reports on things that are made public or declassified, the Meme (based on disinfo) will be stuck in the back of your mind and that particular truth will not have as much weight as it should have.

Your primitive subconscious will suspect that Alex may be lying, now that it has been implanted with disinfo - this is especially true for those who are just finding out about Alex Jones and can even cause them to turn away from him entirely.

This is why subliminal and disinfo tactics are considered illegal and unconstitutional... People have a right to live without having their minds molested with Government lies and psy-op tactics.

Alex Jones publishes corrections to his mistakes online and on the air. Just like any other publication is legally obligated to do.

Google: Bilderberg Group
Google:Alex Jones Bohemian Grove (he exposes them),
Google: NSPDD-51 - this is on the .gov websites
Google: REX- 84, RX 84 Alex Jones - also on
Google: Continuity of Government, John Warren Defense Commission -.gov
Google: John Yoo Torture Memo
Google: Patriot Act 1 & 2

These are the documents Alex talk about and quotes most often. There are others, but these Seven are the more important ones. "We have the Documents People!!" - now you do too

It takes a week to read the first Patriot Act - it takes a month if you have the required treatise and documents it references.

Alex has read them, now it's your turn....

Check your Local Library for these documents. Any Central Library will also have them all. Also Check the .gov websites - they will have the information you are looking for, and you can access it all from your PC. Good Luck.

I hope you make good use of the valuable resources the other members and myself have provided you with. If you choose not to - at least they are now here for anyone to see and use.

FOIA Reading Room

Every Declassified Document Can found Here

Now you have everything you need to find everything you want - so long as it's declassified

TruthTellist

[edit on 10-9-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
AJ makes some serious allegations at these rallies. "9-11 was an inside job!", repeated over and over through a loud haler. What next, burning effigies of Bush and others?

If AJ is correct, then the world needs to know, but his methods are a little militant and somewhat useless and counter-productive in today's world. Things aren't done like that in civilised society, people have been trying these tactics for years, it gets them nowhere.

He/we/whoever needs to collate all the evidence and follow protocol in such matters. I don't know what that procedure would be, paranoia creeps in here and says that any case would disappear faster than the Earth after the LHC switch on (joke) but shouting about it definitely won't achieve anything.

I would like to know why nobody ever sues him for defamation. If I was accused of perpetrating 9-11, I would want my name cleared, irrelevant of AJ's following or public opinion. It doesn't matter how many people listen to him, he's accusing them of some serious crimes.

I think he's in the know, but I think he's a publicity merchant as well. He does more harm than good. He hardly takes a breath.

reply to Mach Shadows

Bully tactics are never a good idea, I think you may mean something else though, like when people try to help at a disaster scene and the authorities keep them back. It's better that way, no arguments, let the experts do their job, get in the way, you're nicked. Sometimes it needs to be that way.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Once again, Alex Jones' Infowars demonstrates that they can't properly title articles. After reading the article it quickly become apparent that Jones was not assaulted by a "deadly weapon".

The only possible weapon present was either a knife or wire-cutters, which neither were use against Alex Jones. The man allegedly from "MSNBC Security" was clearly targeting the bull horn- not Alex Jones.

Alarmist or greatly exaggerated titles seem to be a reoccurring theme on Infowars.com.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This raises interesting issues. When does one person's first amendment rights of free speech impose on another person's first amendment rights of free speech? When are permits required for such demostrations? I'd like to hear whether Alex Jones was breaking the law or not.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Matrix1111]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

I don't think it could be said that Alex Jones broke the law, but he could have been forcibly removed from the assembly for disrupting it's agenda. It was an organized assembly and he was impinging upon the rights of those individuals to peacefully assemble there.

I know I was a little harsh in my criticism of Jones in previous posts, but let me be clear: I don't disagree with Alex Jones in his overall message. I just disagree with the way in which he attempts to accomplish his goals. Seems to me to be a bit backsliding when he drives off potential allies by rudely and annoyingly disrupting public assemblies. He establishes a biased mind with such antics, thus degrading his cause.

It honestly makes me wonder what his ultimate goal truly is. In this case, it didn't further his cause one bit. If anything, I think it hurt the cause.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE
What a moron. Alex Jones is no better than those lunatics at the funerals of dead soldiers screaming "God hates fags". There's a time and place for everything.

Erm isn't the USa based on the idea of freedom and free speech? If you start saying that there is a time and place for everything then you end up slowly eroding the idea of free speech. You'll end up with having no places to speak other than registered "free speech zones". the idea of a free speech zone is in itself a contradiction, but at the moment you have the right to speak in many places. Be very careful with your time and a place arguement, otherwise before long you will have plenty of time but only a few places to say what you think.

Rights are guaranteed by the government not a corporation like GE that owns NBC. NBC is under no obligation to allow one of their programs to be hijacked by a twit with a bullhorn. Also think about the fact that MSNBC operates with a license granted by the FCC and if someone does something to violate their rules then MSNBC would be held responsible.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't like Alex's presentation style personally,but if it sells,gets attention and gets the important stories out to the mainstream then good luck to the guy.

He can do the American wrestler smack down style all he wants,he's got big stone cahonas to back it up.(if he isn't really spreading disinfo..CT in me
)

If he's provoking very public reactions like in this story,then you gotta wonder if he's hitting raw nerves with the PTB..

Good for him.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE
What a moron. Alex Jones is no better than those lunatics at the funerals of dead soldiers screaming "God hates fags". There's a time and place for everything.

I think he uses the time and place perfectly. What better way to reach the masses that are lied to, by storming a stupid campaign where the people who believe this lie gather? You think they'll go looking for the truth?

I'm not saying MSNBC is all that great but the fact remains that they're paying 10s of thousands of dollars to broadcast that and Alex Jones is essentially committing grand theft by bull horning over them.

This is true.

He's being intentionally malicious and that's unacceptable. How does he expect to get any respect in the main stream when he's only serving to vilify himself as a lunatic?

Not so. It is acceptable. These liars sit in their chairs...lie to the public, call the people who speak the truth crazy and attempt to control the mass populace...that's unacceptable. When you support, whether knowingly or now, an organization who has killed millions of people and lie to their own country about it...the word "acceptable" goes out the window. Any truth speaker has the right, human right, to crash anything they do and expose them. If he can persuade just one of the people in the public to research the facts...he has made a difference.

And please, do not bring up the words "mainstream media" and "respect". The mainstream media has no respect. The mainstream media are puppets and also help spread the lie. They never respected Alex, and Alex never respected them. MSNBC is one of the better news sources out there, but Alex Jones is a man who takes things a little far. He has always been. He's not doing this to gain anyone's respect. He doesn't want their respect. His attempt is not to reach them, because most of them are owned by the corrupt elitist. His attempt is to reach the people being lied to...and he does reach them.

The people that think behavior like this is "cool" are frankly brainwashed by Jones and are so far removed from reality it's mind boggling.

You're entitled to that opinion.

How do you think Jones would react if a group of rival lunatics stood behind him while he tried to broadcast over the radio and bullhorned "JONES IS A FRAUD" over and over and over? Hey it's free speech right? Public property right? Yeah, sure, he'd probably call the police and have them relocate him to a safe house.

Well, Jones is a mad man, I can give you that. He does some crazy sh!t sometimes. But fact remains, this dude speaks facts and has the evidence to back it up. Alex Jones is not a corrupt President, he is a wacky journalist who seems to be hellbent on foiling the plans of corrupt media & corrupt politics. In my eyes, these liars have no rights...at all. The only right they have to me, is to remove themselves from this planet, as they contribute nothing to it. They make the world a terrible place to live in. If Alex was attacked like how he attacks them...the only difference would be, that...Alex tries to bring the truth...and they try to spread lies. I don't know about you, but in reality...the truth has more right and substance than lies. It deserves to be told. And if it takes crashing these liars' campaigns...then so be it. That's not very unacceptable if you ask me...I can think of worse ways to irritate these liars.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by sdrawkcabII]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join