It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: MSNBC Security Assaults Alex Jones & Equipment With Deadly Weapon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE
You missed the point of my post. I never said it should be illegal, it's about not being an ahole. By doing this he's just making himself look childish and malicious. If anything, he lost the respect of the average individual, not his sheep, but people who were maybe considering what he was saying.

No i'm afraid you missed the point of the constitution. You have the right to be an ahole as long as you don't hurt anyone else. You have the right to be childish, you have the right to be malicious as long as you don't cause physical harm. YUou also have the right to lose the respect of anyone you want.

Basically he has the right to do whatever he wants with his bullhorn as long as he doesn't try to insert it in someone. Also as that bullhorn is his property he has the right not to have it damaged by another private citizen.

Read the constitution, i'm a damn foreigner and i've read it.

And you're still missing my point. Yes, he can bull horn till he turns blue and he can say damn well whatever he wants. My point is that the way in which he is currently going about trying to get his message across is in fact being detrimental to his cause.

There's nothing illegal about standing outside a funeral and saying "God hates fags", but do you really believe that it's helping their cause to do something like that? Is it really the most intelligent way to convey their message? No, of course not, they look foolish, childish and hateful.

Like I said, the people that already follow him will stand up and say "YEAH ALEX WAY TO STICK IT TO THE MAN!" for being a jack ass on TV.
But the average guy, who doesn't know who Alex Jones is, even if he questions 9/11, will think, "Wow, what a childish moron, how would he like it if someone crapped all over what he was trying to say, on his dime?!".

He's not earning anyone's respect with his current methods, only making new enemies that he doesn't need and portraying himself as an immature bafoon. Can he be an immature bafoon in public? Yes, he can. Does it serve his cause well? Uh, no it doesn't. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

And you're still missing my point. Yes, he can bull horn till he turns blue and he can say damn well whatever he wants. My point is that the way in which he is currently going about trying to get his message across is in fact being detrimental to his cause.

That is his right.

There's nothing illegal about standing outside a funeral and saying "God hates fags", but do you really believe that it's helping their cause to do something like that? Is it really the most intelligent way to convey their message? No, of course not, they look foolish, childish and hateful.

I hate the group you're on about, but they have their free speech and we have ours.

Like I said, the people that already follow him will stand up and say "YEAH ALEX WAY TO STICK IT TO THE MAN!" for being a jack ass on TV.
But the average guy, who doesn't know who Alex Jones is, even if he questions 9/11, will think, "Wow, what a childish moron, how would he like it if someone crapped all over what he was trying to say, on his dime?!".

You consider him a jackass and others will consider him a hero. People have to make up their own opinions.

He's not earning anyone's respect with his current methods, only making new enemies that he doesn't need and portraying himself as an immature bafoon. Can he be an immature bafoon in public? Yes, he can. Does it serve his cause well? Uh, no it doesn't. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should.

He doesn't seem like he wants to earn anyones respect. He only seems to want to promote what he considers the truth. He is going about it the best way he thinks. However this thread isn't about what he should do, it was abut whats happened so maybe you want to keep it on topic

That topic being his ability to speak freely without his bullhorn being cut off.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Overembelishing the headline with "Deadly Weapon" is a desperate plea for something. All I seen was a guy snipping a bullhorn cable. That bullhorn was more of a deadly weapon spewing nonsensical propaganda making people in the crowd nearly laugh themselves to death.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Overembelishing the headline with "Deadly Weapon" is a desperate plea for something. All I seen was a guy snipping a bullhorn cable. That bullhorn was more of a deadly weapon spewing nonsensical propaganda making people in the crowd nearly laugh themselves to death.

The deadly weapon was a knife. If you are unable to understand how deadlyl a knife is then you need some education in martial arts and anatomy. Whilst i think the thread title is slightly provocative i cannot see how you jump to the idea of the bullhorn being a deadly weapon in this case. It seems you're using far more of an embellishment here.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Good for Alex Jones. I would've turned around and punched the guy in the face for self defense. Took a knife to me and my equipment, I wouldn't just let that go. He did a good job peacefully taking care of that though. Kudos Alex Jones.

Kudos Keith Olbermann. Definitely one of the two best and true reporters on Television.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I FULLY SUPPORT A.J.'s "Right to free speech"...But i also support other peoples right to not have there hearing blown deaf by some douche saying the same thing,OVER AND OVER AND OVER...LOL ...I mean...Don't get me wrong,i LIKE a stick in the mud,And A.J. does some good work... ...BUT,if you EVER expect to have people NOT just blow you off as a kookey MoFo,and actually take you serious...I might think about some above kindergarten tactics ;-)... ...Im just sayin ;-)...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rory27
I FULLY SUPPORT A.J.'s "Right to free speech"...But i also support other peoples right to not have there hearing blown deaf by some douche saying the same thing,OVER AND OVER AND OVER...LOL ...I mean...Don't get me wrong,i LIKE a stick in the mud,And A.J. does some good work... ...BUT,if you EVER expect to have people NOT just blow you off as a kookey MoFo,and actually take you serious...I might think about some above kindergarten tactics ;-)... ...Im just sayin ;-)...

This man gets it

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
i only have one question what about aresting that soundman
for cutting the bullhorn did alex press charges?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by yankeydooddle]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rory27

You're saying Alex is using "Kindergarten tactics", yet the way you're typing isn't exactly "high school-ish", unless you're foreign, and if you are, I apologize.

Yes, people have a right to free speech as well, just like in some other video when they were yelling "Obama" over Alex's "9/11 was an inside job". Both have the right to do that, and lawfully, nothing can be done about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

ModEdit : removed subject line from this post

[edit on 9/9/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm sorry, and I know I'll get slagged off for my views, but Alex Jones is a loud mouth cretin. The security should have laid into him and give him a good slapping. Maybe I'm in the minority here but am I the only one fed up with him screaming hysterically, threatening to kick peoples teeth in etc.
Personally, I can't stand the guy. He might be telling the truth about the NWO but the way he delivers his message just gets up my nose.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

I think this line from the article sums it up:

a group of 9/11 truthers led by Alex Jones during the takeover of a live broadcast at the DNC in Denver.

Alex Jones was preventing others from exercising their right to free speech. This is not the way to do things in America; it is more of a Nazi tactic to shut other voices up by force.

Chris Matthews was right when he referred to AJ and his thugs as "A bunch of screwballs".

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
I'm sorry, and I know I'll get slagged off for my views, but Alex Jones is a loud mouth cretin.

I agree that Jones is a buffoon, but I also agree that, however aggressively, he was exercising his First Amendment rights.

I will simply make the point...as I have before...when you get somebody yelling...constantly..."Look over there!! Over there!!! Look!!!"...

Well perhaps one ought to wonder what he is trying to distract from...

I don't trust a guy with a bullhorn.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
10 of the first 12 post had nothing to do with the topic at hand. It looked like it was more of a chat room discussion than a topic thread.

This isn't high school. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread ... don't post.

Now, on to the topic at hand:

Alex Jones is defeating himself. He's acting in a childish manner and I highly doubt if he actually wants to accomplish anything with his efforts.

If he really wanted to get the word out on 9/11 being an inside job he's going to have to learn to play by their rules. Start a community forum during major events such as the RNC or DNC.

The only thing he accomplished with these antics is annoying Average Joe and establishing a biased mind next time the topic of 9/11 comes up to these people. I don't see how this accomplished anything in the favor of those wanting to get more exposure to the topic of 9/11.

Ron Paul recently held a Rally for the Republic and CSPAN covered the entire Rally. He didn't try to disrupt the RNC with a megaphone and childish antics because he knew it would diminish his cause.

Next time there's a political debate in a predetermined city ... maybe he should organize some intellectual minds (engineers, scholars, eye witnesses) in a open city forum so that average citizens may attend and learn more about the events of 9/11 that raise major concerns.

I guarantee he'll accomplish more with this method than he will with a megaphone yelling at a crowd of onlookers. I know it's his trademark ... but, come on.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
i hope alex jones dont end up murdered for free speech.. some very nasty people might just want to silence him for good..

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
i hope alex jones dont end up murdered for free speech.. some very nasty people might just want to silence him for good..

Jones wont end up murdered! Alex Jones, as far as anyone who wants to hear the truth is concerned, is a huge part of the problem. Who's going to listen to an overweight idiot with a megaphone screaming and shouting incoherently at people? To those who keep us in the dark Jones is a godsend. They point at him and say, "Is he your champion?" As long as Jones keeps running around threatening and bullying people and Icke continues to assault are senses with his reptile nonsense, the real truth will never come out.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Alex Jones was once again being an obnoxious jerk.

He can stage his own press conference and say whatever he wants.

I don't think this was a case of silencing free speech as much as stopping AJ from annoying everyone else who was there.

Alex has the right to say what he wants. He can legally get a permit to speak just about anywhere he wants. Then he can hold his own press conference. He can then shout to all his followers anything that he wants.

But, he should have the courtesy to let others hold press conferences without him assaulting the ears of people at those press conference.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If you have go to get a bullhorn in order to get your point across and be heard on national tv then so be it. I dont object to AJs methods for gettin the public to hear him. Freedom of speech, if you can get it on someone elses show for free then do what you go to do. The sound recorder guy is a complete and utter AHOLE. Caught on camera cutting the cable i hope AJ presses charges, same with his camera man getting assaulted.

Get your point across by any mean nessacery.

@FATDAD

I cant see him getting killed, he is in the public eye to much. If something happened to him then people would want to no.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
wow..where is the justice?

police state for the lose...

the truth will come out

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mach Shadows

So, if Alex Jones were holding a press conference you would then also support people who disagree with his viewpoint to come to that press conference and shout into bull horn things like "911 was carried out by Islamic Extremist!"

My opinion is that Alex Jones, nor anyone else, has the right to disrupt a press conference with bull horns.

For goodness sake, hold your own press conference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join