It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's are utterly perplexing *article*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I have penned an intriguing and informative article on my views on UFO's.Enjoy all!

P.S you're welcome in advance.

UFO's are undoubtedly a highly ambiguous topic; despite copious reported sightings,there is not one iota of solid evidence to prove their existence is anything more then an allusion or scientific anomaly. I find the whole subject both baffling and discombobulating,yet simultaneously, far more convincing then any argument put forward by any religion or ecumenical affiliate.

I firmly believe that the majority of UFO enthusiasts are in all probability, atheists/agnostics and perhaps they utilise their energy to fulfill that seeming intrinsic need to find the meaning of life as an alternative to a religious faith,albeit in an unorthodox fashion.

The general public are fundamentally conditioned by a generic society and hence there is tremendous skepticism associated with UFO's: Any aspect of life which is inexplicably anomalous is greeted inauspiciously, and many cynicisms are uttered on the matter,albeit with the paradoxical exception of religion.

I cannot say I believe in UFO's as I am an utterly cynical individual, but due to my profound intelligence I do not dismiss the premise that 'aliens' exist due to logic suggesting they probably do.However, until sufficient evidence materilises I shall for time being,remain a UFO agnostic.

©taffer 2008

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
One has a right to be cynical about the existance of UFO's of alien origin. I am assuming you mean 'of alien origin' as the generic use of the words are "Unidentified Flying Object' and are more of an indicator or any craft of unknown origin rather than just those of Extraterrestrial Biological Entities (EBE's).

But in having this right, one must think about the broader scope. Now you have indicated that it is 'logical' to assume EBE's exist (though by what logic you are referring to I am unsure). So lets look at that. Mathematical probability (in terms of the Drake Equation) makes for a fairly compelling argument that EBE's of some form do exist. It is unlikely to think that, in the vastness of space/time, that the processes that started our planet on its evolutionary curve have not also occurred on other similar planets to Earth. Now given the probability that EBE's exist, one then can assume that some of these planets have evolved to produce self aware EBE's thereby indicating intelligence.

Now, given what we have theorised thus far, it is illogical to assume that even just one of those planets containing self-aware intelligent EBE's has not grown enough in terms of knowledge and science to have begun looking at space, just like ourselves. It would also be illogical to assume that they may not have already far surpassed our own knowledge and currently explore space, regionally or intergalactically.

Given these assumptions, it is therefore logical to assume that UFO's of alien origin DO exist and, logically due to advancement, may have come close to, or even visited our planet whether that be for scientific or other reasoning.

© Kryties, 2008.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Not bad Kryties,albeit I feel my argument dealt with the issue of UFO's from a more rationalised perspective.Let me explain: Delving into the complexities of such issues as UFO's in a scientific manner(the anomalous type obviously,I thought I inferred that clearly in my article) is basically futile as,not dissimilar to religion, there is no means to substantiate your hypothesis.

My article is about how society has in essence,been programmed to think in a way which limits the mind on issues such as UFO's.Ufologists are invariably deemed to be proverbial nutters with a warped perception of reality,yet there are so many inexplicable cases of UFO sightings,surely this field of study should be researched more meticulously.

I believe in different life forms from outer galaxies, I just remain skeptical on them voyaging to this planet via inter-galactic spacecraft. I'm glad you now understand.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by taffer]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
self-proclaimed 'profound intelligence'. copyright symbols. Sweeping generalizations and summaries. Never mind us. What are __YOU__ looking for?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

top topics

join