It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Booms' reported in Clayton, Wendell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I believe someone mentioned the possibility of a meterorite exploding in the atmosphere. I believe this could explain all things reported. This is where I'm putting my money.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I found this site very interesting after remember hearing the 'booms' in my area. I even found a link to them from back in 96'. Hope you enjoy reading the site, not any explanations but more reports over the years of this phenomena.

Vance
Other reported booms, some historical

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have no clue what this was. It scared the living heck out of me. I ran outside and my two dogs along with the whole neighborhoods dogs, just started going crazy. My two dogs were in the house with me, watching tv. Then this boom came, shook the house, and sent my dogs crazy. I don't know why this is, but usually my dogs can deal with really loud noises; After being in two hurricanes they never once barked, but they seemed weird for the rest of the day. I just don't know about a sonic boom??

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
My first thought was that it must be the Aurora.
After reading some other posts, I would have to agree that a secret program might be a little more discreet and not go booming all over the place, though...which makes me start to like the meteorite idea. Maybe it just didn't leave a streak in the sky or kick up much in the way of debris.

If this has been happening since the mid to late 90's, though, I'd have to go back to my initial suspicion: some unknown type of supersonic craft.

In one of the UFO docus I've seen, a guy spends some time talking about some of the supposed evidence that Aurora exists.

Originally posted by sonicology
I just posted this in another thread, but I don't see it here so here it is again;

UFO's: The Secret Evidence

Skip to 1:38:20 for the Aurora segment. Note the path of the contrail as it passes over the east coast.
Sonic booms heard in the area of death valley and around area 51 as well as contrails with smoke rings that seemed to suggest some form of pulse detonation wave engine.

There's a sonic boom at about 2:32 in this video of the thrust SSC:
Thrust SSC
Recorded at ground level which may make a difference.

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask how the boom sounded because I believe some of the people that thought what they heard mighta been the Aurora also mentioned it sounded deeper than a typical sonic boom and more like "they sky was being ripped apart". Sound anything like that?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by 4N6310]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My family lives in the triangle and both my brother and parents live in Clayton/Cleveland area. My brother heard it very clearly, shook pictures off the wall. It was so widespread. I wonder if it could be related to the activation of the supercollider in Europe?? Perhaps it is producing some unknown phenomenon. Keep your ears open for further reports of such activity having occurred around the globe during the past few days.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join