It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Booms' reported in Clayton, Wendell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

www.wral.com

Video'Booms' reported in Clayton, Wendell
Related StoriesWRAL viewers talk about booming noises
Site Search

Posted: Sep. 7 6:15 p.m.
Updated: Sep. 7 11:57 p.m.

Clayton, N.C. — Emergency officials said residents in Johnston and surrounding counties reported hearing loud booms that shook their houses Sunday evening.

Most of the reports came in from Clayton and Wendell, starting around 5:45 p.m. WRAL viewers in Selma and Middlesex also reported similar experiences.

"I was inside on the computer, and all of a sudden, I just heard this big, old boom," Clint Banks, of Clayton, said. "This one lady said that her house shook when it happened. But I heard a lot of it, and it lasted, I'd say, about 15 seconds."

"My mom thought something to us happened, because she was downstairs, but it was just a loud boom," Zulit Callejas, of Clayton, said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Sorry, double post.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hmmmm.....I wonder what it was

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Hmm any ATS members live anywhere near that heard a boom?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
...'comments' from people in the area:

"Our neighbor actually saw jets right before the boom so we also thought that it was a sonic boom. It shook everything in the house."

"Boom, boom, boom. It shook the house like a car had hit the house. All the neighbors came running out. We don’t see any smoke. My son lives six miles away and he heard it as well."

"Huge explosion heard. Shook entire neighborhood. No smoke seen. Seemed very close. Sounded like a bomb exploding!"

"Two rapid explosions shook entire neighborhood. Many people came outside to see what was going on. Local volunteer firemen were apparently called to duty, as we saw several of them quickly left the subdivision. We felt the shock while swimming in the neighborhood pool. We saw no smoke or other evidence of fire."

"This did not sound like a jet sonic boom. Plus the brick house shook. Sounded more like (an) explosion and felt like (an) explosion."

www.wral.com...

[edit on 8-9-2008 by arktkchr]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
...seems relevant, from the OP:

Officials at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base in Wayne County said planes are not allowed to produce a sonic boom. All of the base's F-15s completed landing at 4:15 p.m., officials said.

The National Weather Service officials said they did not know of any events – including an earthquake – that would have caused the noise.

www.wral.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Well, this is strange. I am thinking sonic boom as well, since it is the only thing that I can think of that would be difficult to trace. I wonder if there will be any sort of satisfactory resolution to this.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Sorry my bad i was boosting it in my Aurora racing my friend in her TR3b.Wasnt paying attention to my altitude or what dimension i was in.Next time ill turn my plasma stealth on than i should be able to catch her and not wake the locals.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by arktkchr

Correct, it is against both USM and FAA regulation to fly over 400 MPH (I believe, may be higher) under 16,000 feet (ballparking). However, that does not mean this law is not broken from time to time by the USM. But, any craft that is known, most likely is not the cause of these sonic booms, it would be something completely different.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I live in the area, and heard the boom.

I was on the computer, and had headphones on, but I still heard it, and felt it.

It just seems odd that so many people would hear it at the same time, over such a wide area. Sonic booms are confined to the path of thier aircraft, though I'm not sure how wide an area that would cover.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I had actually left a comment last nite when posting but thought it was a double post, it wasn't. With eight hrs sleep in 5 days.....
Anyway, at just around 17:45 last nite I heard three major booms and felt a deep ground reverb, shook windows and doors. Spaced about 15 minutes apart. I thought a plant had blown up down in the valley.

Now being in Ohio...this is very strange, and my dogs wigged out each time. Why this trevassed such a distance or was some other phenom? I don't know. But I could feel the schock thru the floor and it lasted around ten seconds. J

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
the airforce base near the booms could be a bigger link than you think..covering up some god awful accident that we the public are not allowed to know about...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Or the AF just doesn't want to admit that one of their people was hot-dogging. Or even for that matter, might have had a legit alert or other emergency that put them supersonic.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I live about 15 minutes west of Raleigh and I sometimes hear what sound like distant explosions. I always assume it's a car accident or construction. Never thought of it as a sonic boom, but that's plausible considering I'm a stone's throw from the airport.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Or the AF just doesn't want to admit that one of their people was hot-dogging. Or even for that matter, might have had a legit alert or other emergency that put them supersonic.

Well, if one of their planes caused it, the easiest thing would be to say that, and say the pilot has been disciplined. No questions asked.

And if there was a legit alert (UFO etc), I would just use the same excuse as well. Seems strange they didn't just say this, if it was something they didn't want people to know about.

Besides your explanations though, I have no idea what else it could have been.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Well, if one of their planes caused it, the easiest thing would be to say that, and say the pilot has been disciplined.

Agreed. But I'm sure you know as well as I that they just don't do that. No one admits anything. Might be much ado about nothing, but it'll still wind up classified. If it had anything to do with the AF of course.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ok I just had 2 twin turbine aircraft spooled up and flying low in Arkansas!! This is not normal for my area I've lived here for 30 years. They were gone before we even herd the turbine noise so I didn't get to see if they were F-15/F-18/or F-22. What is going on??? We may never now,but since I didn't see anything on the news I decided do look here and found this post . Any other states had any strange activity?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I started a thread about this yesterday... I had to at least wait 'til my Panthers pulled off the upset in San Diego though...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I would prefer any further discussion about it be taken there...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
BOOOOOM!!!

Is the military testing their WMD again?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join