It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's verbal slip "my Muslim faith"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is a direct quote from Obama on an Interview on ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week,

"Let's not play games," he said. "What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith. And you're absolutely right that that has not come."

Talk about a Freudian slip this is what I THOUGHT BUT NOW I KNOW

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
yikes! can you give a link plz? video would be even better, but I'll settle for a transcript. thx

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
HAHAHA Yeah got you Obama!
thats funny because people are wathing that guy like a hungry hawk waiting for a slip up and there it is!

this guy talks out ten different sides of his mouth.
Well I dont agree with any of them but its fun to watch politicians screw up.
What a putz!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Never mind here it is. thx for bringing this to attention.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
YEAH HEHE even better with video.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Here is the link per your request

washingtontimes.com...

Freudian Slip, These errors Freud understood to have symptomatic and thus interpretable importance

[edit on 8-9-2008 by yenko13]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
hey thx for ths link. I wonder if they'll call him on it (the media), or if it gets slipped under the rug. It's time for some spring cleaning.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
ok... i'd like to see the rest of this video... has it occurred to anyone here that obama was talking about mccain's smear tactics? maybe he's referring to the fact that mccain hasn't pulled a faux news and tried to convince the country he's a muslim. think about it... i'd bet large sums of cash on the rest of that video talking about the ways mccain hasn't attacked him.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Isn't there another ATS thread on this?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Sooooooo, what's so wrong with being Muslim? Or is it just that he has denied it before or something?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
He hung himself pretty good there. Nail is in the coffin on this one. He will be explaining this till the end of the election. The ads put out by right wing supporters are going to be having a field day. There is no way he is going to overcome this. It is his swiftboat moment, after so carefully trying to avoid it and suppressing all the nasty stuff of his past, his own big mouth could not be controlled.

Or he purposely staged it so he could blame the republicans as he did Hillary for questioning his faith. He never blamed the repubs for it before only Hillary so now that the bloggers run with it he won't be lying when he plays this sympathy card that worked so well against Hillary.

So he is either a dumbarse making a gaff or a cold calculator setting up a cheap baiting card.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by SectionEight]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4x4fun
hey thx for ths link. I wonder if they'll call him on it (the media), or if it gets slipped under the rug. It's time for some spring cleaning.

Why?

Assuming you believe the nonsense that Obama was a Muslim and pretended not to be, hiding as a Christian for decades, what would be so wrong if he WERE a Muslim? Are most of the anti-Obama group also anti-Muslim?

When McCain said he'd veto all earmark-filled "beers" did you think he was going to bring back prohibition?

When McCain said we need to give hot water to dehydrated babies in New Orleans, do you think he meant to burn them?

They're just gaffes people.

Obama surely is aware of all the vile accusations made against him about his faith being a lie and he is actually a radical Muslim and mistakenly said Muslim instead of Christian. It happens all the time, so why are you seizing on this one in particular when there are many choose from on both sides?

What's with all the drama and Muslim hate?

If you are gong to decide who to vote for based on the premise that their gaffes are actually truths slipping out then good luck.

Personally I think it is a moronic position to take.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Assuming you believe the nonsense that Obama was a Muslim and pretended not to be, hiding as a Christian for decades, what would be so wrong if he WERE a Muslim? Are most of the anti-Obama group also anti-Muslim?

Being a Muslim isn't the problem, lying about it is. This speaks to his character and integrity. Why has he been trying to conceal the fact from the public for so long? Does he see it as a problem himself?

If he'll lie about his religious beliefs, what else might he lying about?

[edit on 8-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Already being discussed here

Please post comments on the existing thread.

Thread Closed

[edit on 8/0908/08 by neformore]

new topics

top topics

join