It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ Election Official Arrested for Flagging Tampered Ballots: Charged with Criminal Trespass!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

AZ Election Official Arrested for Flagging Tampered Ballots: Charged with Criminal Trespass!

www.opednews.com

During Saturday's audit of Pima County ballots from Arizona's primary election, official observer John Brakey was forcibly removed by sheriffs when he raised questions about possible ballot tampering. At least seven ballot bags arrived unlocked or lacked proper chain of custody documentation. Elections Director Brad Nelson had Brakey arrested and charged with criminal trespass.

"I was doing my job!" Brakey said, who represented the Democratic and Libertarian parties in an official capacity at the state-mandated audit. "The first thing you do is check the seals. Are the ballot bags locked? Do the numbers on the seals match the seal number listed on the documentation inside of the bag? This lets us know that the ballots were properly stored and sealed by election workers, and arrived with chain of custody intact."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Unreal.

The widespread election fraud taking place this year may set an all time record, and that is saying alot in our ever-laughable illusion-of-choice electoral circus.

I just posted the following thread, where repub officials DIDN'T EVEN COUNT VOTES THAT WERE TURNED IN FOR RON PAUL!:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And now we have an election official watchdog ARRESTED for trying to point out ELECTION FRAUD!

People still want to think there's no conspiracy going on here?!?

Brakey is a co-founder of Arizona-based AUDIT-AZ, which stands for Americans United for Democracy, Integrity and Transparency in Elections. He also helps coordinate the Investigations Unit of Election Defense Alliance. Election observation is a critical task that advocates have long promoted. Brakey agrees.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have to agree with you here, this is wrong in every sense of the word. How much more of this is this country going to take before it realizes that the people are not in control and that voting is more a formaility to make you feel like your doing your part.

I am not saying don't vote cause its the duty of a citizen to vote and try to make the best changes they can for there country but still this just depresses me along with the electoral college, popular vote dose'nt mean anything anymore.

I mean really getting arrested for doing your job? what's next? and how is it criminal trespass for just reporting that something is wrong?

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Aleksander]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Those Sherrifs need a complete refresher course in the Law. Obviously though being in Arizona these Sherrifs are probably 6th Grade dropouts who are on the take to every drug dealer across the border, they are dirty filthy people on that Sheriffs department and they should be sent to their desired homeland: Mexico.

We do not need people like that in the new America.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say but i think it's too late to do any thing about it

You would need just about 80% of the American public to stand up and say (WE will not Stand for this any more) and take back control

But as we know trying to get people to see some thing is wrong in your country is like pigs flying ( I should say any country)

When some one is arrested for doing a job they have been employed to do i just shake my head

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You know... from an analytical standpoint... it amazes me how complacent Americans can be about corruption in their government.

The mere mention of the possibility of electoral fraud in African countries starts a civil war.

France riots at the proposition... trashing government buildings, and basically raising all hell... just shy of a civil war.

Canada, a couple million dollars gets embezzled... and we have the party responsible thrown out.

... then there's the US.
You guys didn't even lift a finger.

I'm not intentionally ridiculing you, more like observing... I'm just saying the level of inaction is pretty impressive... you're governments done a pretty good job of brainwashing you... and in mass... incredible.

And that's not true Duffster.
Your government would have you believe you would need the majority of the people to get irate for anything to be done... whereas, the rest of us free nations have proven time and time again, it only takes a small amount of people, angry enough, in a sensitive area... and they REALLY start listening.

But... the whole point of brainwashing is to dictate to you how you think... and clearly you've been led to believe it would take a mass movement to make a change.

You don't need hundreds of thousands of people...
You don't need technology that rivals the governments...
You don't even need intelligent people organizing it...
You just need to get up, get angry, gather a few others, have them gather a few per each, and so on... and MAKE it happen!

Sitting there and hoping someone else is going to lead the charge isn't going to do a damn thing.
And your children will ask you one day... why didn't you do anything?

[edit on 8-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Why hasn't this thread got more attention? Why aren't we hearing about this from the MSM networks? This isn't a major story just because of what it means for Arizona. It means that this could very well be common practice throughout the U.S. and these stupid people simply got caught. This is the type of thing that causes people to not want to vote at all. And if you think this is a major problem, then you haven't read about the Diebolt voting machines. A country for the politicians, by the politicians. Sickening!!

The entire political structure is rotting from the inside out. When we have a Senate veteran like Ted Stevens (who has been in public service of Alaska for over 40 years) accepting bribes and gifts from a grooming oil company to the tune of a quarter of a million dollars, how are we not supposed to feel betrayed and disenfranchised by the very government we are SUPPOSED to trust? The government that is SUPPOSED to work for us?!

This type of thing makes me want to pull my hair out for a few reasons.

1- Corruption, public manipulation, propaganda, hidden agenda's, secrecy, conspiracy, and Bush's illegitimate for-profit war have been right in front of our noses for 8 long years. Some of these secrets are made public because of investigations, while other secrets are very well kept. But make no mistake about it. Politicians are empty suits who work for cold, hard cash under a publicly devisive, false banner of change and promises (again.. Manipulating public perception).

2- If 43 year veterans of the Senate are accepting bribes and gifts from private companies, what other politicians are probably doing the same thing as we speak? The only reason Ted Stevens got caught is because he was already under investigation! What does this say about our country?! And why aren't people asking themselves this very question?

3- Manipulation of the voting system has been going on for decades, if not, centuries. This is the entire reason George W. Bush won the 2000 election. Hanging chads ring a bell? Hundreds of thousands of votes were NOT counted.. And while this type of very covert manipulation is probably much more prevalent in local and state elections, it is also a very important aspect of presidential elections. If Democrats and Republicans can fight against each other for whose vote can be counted and whose can't, how are we supposed to honestly believe our vote matters? This is exactly what happened in 2000.

The voter manipulation can be done MUCH more covertly than it ever has before because of the electronic voting debacle. And when we have resorts built here in remote parts of Alaska that are purposely there for grooming politicians and local officials, how are we not supposed to be pissed off? I know people involved here with local government who KNOW how corrupt all of these people really are because they have told me personally. Our state and local governments are breeding grounds for corruption. This isn't just in Arizona or Alaska either. And if you think you live in a State that is immune to these issues, you are sorely mistaken.

-ChriS

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Only one side of the story is being told here. What if he was the one caught red handed with the cookie jar lid in his hand? Of course he would say he did no wrong. Something stinks here and it is the charge of criminal trespass, if he had credentials to be there then this could not happen. Also how does one officially represent two parties, the Democrats and the Libertarian Party? No denying of ignorance going on in this thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Can you please show us where they can not represent two parties? Just assume we are all ignorant and don`t know the facts about this. Enlighten us, please.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Excellent points as usual johnsky. The thing is, look at what is taking place here right now though. People who ARE standing up and making their voices heard are being corralled up, assaulted by jack-booted thugs and arrested! The apathy displayed by the REST of the masses is what is going to have to change, and I believe it will as the same old status-quo raping of the nation continues right along with the next Bilderberger-chosen puppet administration. When people have all hit rock bottom, they will have no choice but to stand up.

It's just really sad that THAT is likely what it's going to take--To take EVERYTHING from us to get people off their butts.

We are in for another 4 years of nightmares, no matter which Elitist puppet is selected. At present, the "little people" of this nation are entirely irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
the problem is the majority of the population dont see information such as this,it is hidden from them.

the mediums in which such information can be transmitted to them are few and far between for the mainstream media seems to be unable to cover issues that are of importance to the direct running of the power structures.most likely the mainsteam media is controled by those power structures.how esle can we explain countless reams of important information not being covered?.

the only answer is to free the main steam media or propigate the influence of free media,nothing else will do.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

That is one of the things that gets to me all the time my friend, while we are fed propaganda to support and applaud uprisings and civil unrest on countries with political corruption here in our own nation we are faced with goons with guns in police uniforms, barbed wire detention facilities and records for life in our own government persons of interest list.

On top of that we are tagged with promoting homegrown terrorism.

People doesn't get it, we are no longer a democracy but a fascist nation with a fascist leadership that keeps throwing the population bits and pieces of left over democracy as no to raise to much attention.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
Those Sherrifs need a complete refresher course in the Law. Obviously though being in Arizona these Sherrifs are probably 6th Grade dropouts who are on the take to every drug dealer across the border, they are dirty filthy people on that Sheriffs department and they should be sent to their desired homeland: Mexico.

We do not need people like that in the new America.

I like your signature and attitude towards these Illegal "infidels" completely corrupting the system. It is the truth, and quite frankly such corruption is rampant South of the Border, and spreading North at a fervent rate.

As for the "New America", I sincerely wish for it to go back to the values of it's Past. Values such as that of a commoner, a farmer at that, being able to hold the highest office in the land, and create a voice for all of America. That is one of the reasons why I was more than glad to see someone such as Sarah Palin finally headed towards Office. She is truly a throwback to what I feel America needs to see more of. Regardless of your Political Affiliations, I do feel that she represents an amazingly positive change. I understand not everyone will agree with her, or even wish her into office, but you do have to admit that she is really a Down-to-Earth American.

Also, in regards to Election Corruption, I actually witnessed such an atrocious act within a local election where I live. There is a group that is essentially the "Good Ol' Boy" Network within my community, and they have been running the lead Community Association for a long time in coming. However, my family has lived here as long as they have even been a factor, yet we never partook in their little club. It is a large community, so others finally began two large opposition Community Associations, and in the last elections they ran against the old network. They lost, and I will say I was surprised because they did not lose one position, or the other, they lost ALL across the entire board. This was unbelievable as not too long prior, just to form these opposition Organizations, they had massive Community support. First of all, they already breached the law by extending the vote session for an extra couple of days, which is absolutely and irrefutably ILLEGAL under any and all circumstances without a Court order. So some further research was done, and it was discovered that the old network of officials had paid off the vote "counters".

So far this discovery has gone almost nowhere, as involving such necessary litigations will cost the sponsors tons of money. Needless to say, the lady who was the head of the Association of "Good Ol' Boys" is also tied up with a local Congressman, and she was just appointed as a U.S. Attorney in Michigan, through her job in the USDOJ. The opposition has no problem with this however, as they also have connections to higher level politicians, but as of yet I have not heard what became of this case.

new topics

top topics

join