It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you favorite Extraterrestrial/Space travel movies???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
All have been mention except for one :shk:

A.I: Artificial Intelligence

It's more Sci-Fi and futuristic.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
1) Taken
2) Forbidden Planet
3) The Blob (It came from outer space)
4) Dark Skies
5) Tommy Knockers
6) Sphere
7) Battlestar Galactica
8) X-Files Movie (and TV series dealing with ETs)
9) Independence Day

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ooo Sci-Fi movies, has to be:

1, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
2, The Last Starfighter - Always day dreamed about being zapped away to fight a battle in a distant Galaxy lol
3, Signs

They do it for me

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
2001: A space Odyssey is in my books the best film ever made. I doubted the hype before seeing it but it really is in a class of its own. Stanley Kubrick was truely a genius.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm suprised no one has mentioned 'The Mist'. Hugely underated and plausible in this age of alternate dimensions.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Space Theater 3000.

Now its not always about aliens. But lets face it. Its got robots, crappy movies, and sarcasm. It is the perfect combination. Its like the 5 basic food groups but not as healthy... and funnier.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I really like The Invasion as well, though one of the reasons why I like it so much is probably because Daniel Craig is in it!

-One of my all time favourite movies is Signs! Love that movie!
-I also loved Contact, that was really well done.
-Transformers counts doesn't it? They were aliens and it had space travel in it lol, I really liked that movie.
-Oh and definitely Stargate for sure! Lol I actually watched it after Stargate Sg-1.
-Night Skies! Omg I just remembered it. I watched it with my sister and cousin. Man was that movie scary as hell! And that's one of the reasons I like it, although I don't think I'm gonna watch it again anytime soon(neither will my cousin lol), I still like it though.
-Pitch Black was an awesome movie
-Independence Day is most definitely one of my all time favs
-the Star Wars movies, all of them, but especially the older ones and Attack of the Clones
-Lost in Space, the movie that had Matt LeBlanc in it, I thought he was really cute lol. I haven't seen the tv series, but my Dad found a VHS of it at the library that was on sale (it wasn't much) and he bought it. I haven't watched it yet but I'm going to definitely.
-Galaxy Quest lol.
-5th Element for sure! I love the bit where that blue alien lady is singing! One of my favourite sci-fi movies.
-Serenity, my sister introduced this one to me. I haven't watched Firefly, my sister keeps saying I should watch it, and I'm definitely going to because everyone keeps saying it's really good and I liked the movie, so yeah
-Cloverfield was awesome! I loved how it was made and I can't wait for the second one to come out

-Armageddon was alright
-Godzilla lol that was alright too
-The Forgotten was pretty awesome and scary the first time I watched it
-A.I Artificial Intelligence, one of the best movies EVER imo! That was amazing but so sad! I can't believe hardly anyone has mentioned this yet except for ThePowerOfOne, it was awesome!
-the MIB movies aren't that bad
-War of the Worlds (recent) was pretty darn good. Lol I love how they spoof War of the Worlds in Scary Movie 4 and Signs in Scary Movie 3 (one of my favourite movies ever!!) lol.
-Stargate: The Ark of Truth was pretty good, as was Continuum. I've also watched all 10 seasons, mainly because my sister has the entire boxed set (and now I'm in love with SG-1, it was and is so awesome!
). My mum bought Continuum and Stargate but we haven't got the Ark of Truth yet although we have up to season of Stargate Atlantis lol.

I am a HUGE sci-fi fan lol

Great thread btw!

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join