It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USATODAY Poll: MCCain Takes 10-Point Lead Over Obama In Likely Voters...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Here's the first real evidence of a big post-convention bounce for the Republicans.

USA Today Article

McCain leads Democrat Barack Obama by 50%-46% among registered voters, the Republican's biggest advantage since January and a turnaround from the USA TODAY poll taken just before the convention opened in St. Paul. Then, he lagged by 7 percentage points.

A 10-point swing. I'm sure this news will generate even more wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth among the die-hard libs/dems across the country and here on ATS.

[edit on 9/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Wow.... I knew middle America would love McCain and Palin but I would have never guessed a 10 point swing.

Personally, I think people like Obama just because he was beating the pants off of Hillary. Now that he got rid of her, the new "hero" is Palin because she said everything about Obama many people were hoping would be said.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Don't put too much into a poll.

1. It is too early, there are around 60 days or so before the election, more than enough time for gaffes, changing headlines, new dirt on candidates to be revealed, debate performance , etc

2. National opinion type polls don't matter as much as battleground polls. This election will be up to the people in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Colorado, and maybe Nevada and New Mexico. The only way a national poll tells something significant is if another non-toss-up state goes into play like say Texas switching Democrat or California switching Republican.

There might be an exception though and it might be showing up with the Palin pick.

This is HIGHLY speculative......The Bradley Effect might be in play with this election and the Palin pick might have lessened this effect with the introduction of a more politically correct choice to counter Obama's skin color.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It gets even better from the same USA site further down in small print.

In the new poll, taken Friday through Sunday, McCain leads Obama by 54%-44% among those seen as most likely to vote. The survey of 1,022 adults, including 959 registered voters, has a margin of error of +/— 3 points for both samples

So McCain does even better among those most likely to vote, compared to just registered voters.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Looks like the undecided voters are beginning to speak!
Quick, somebody start explaining why polls can't be stolen.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Wait for it ... wait for it ... someone from the left is going to show up and post about how incredibly biased USA Today is toward the right!

top topics

join