It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't I Eat You

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I doubt you'd want to eat me.. I'm big, I'm ugly, and my flesh would be way too tough to chew. I'm way past the proper age and size for slaughtering.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

You remind me of a lizard I once knew, but he is human now and only eats lizards. Interesting thread!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

you CAN eat me.

You just choose not to out of respect for me/ respect for the law/ have been taught that the concept is unpalatable/ if you try, youll end up with a bullet in you.

Its not a question of ability, its a question of choice!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
[edit on 8-9-2008 by Dulcimer]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
[SNIP]

But on a serious note this is what that german Guy and his victim explored in real life, with consent on both sides.

Im a Veggie too soo you probably would die of methane exposure before you bit away enough to actually kill me :-)

Elf

Removed (not very subtle) sexual innuendo

Please read from the T&C's

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

[edit on 8/9/08 by masqua]

[edit on 8/9/08 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
"Thou shall not kill"

Could be argued as the basis for the law of which you speak. I'd say it's less about what is right or wrong and more about the individual versus the mass, and how we're raised on principles of what the mass believe.

It's been one way for so long, that we're tuned to believe in the old ways. There's nobody to say what is truly right and truly wrong, unless there really is something truly spiritual about the universe. Life is growing, Death is the reverse of growth.

Or I'm just blabbering cuz I'm on an empty stomach myself.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by Kalapadea]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
But alas we Human Beings have evolved past the Reptillian survival brain.
If one still sees their own destiny in this life as that of an animal then that is ones choice.
Hence then we are given the ability to use logic and reasoning.
A point to always understand is,
"What if everyone did simultaneously decide that they would like to dine on each other?" That goes with a lot of other things too like;
Steal, murder, rape.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70

A point to understand is,
"What if everyone did simultaneously decide that they would like to dine on each other?" That goes with a lot of other things too like;
Steal, murder, rape.

Yeah, but who's to say that those are "bad"?

That's kinda my point. If we're all equal, who's to say what is wrong or right?

and by "point" I really mean "That's what I'm thinking about" because what I believe has nothing to do with my logic.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by Kalapadea]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalapadea

I never said that this was good or a bad thing.
On the contrary it is just a reflection of understanding; that what one does to another in reality you are simply only doing to your oneself.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

From my own personal understanding;
It is a higher reasoning fluid inteligence understanding that we are capable of and at times we can override with choice back to that of a Carnal mind.
Hence you see it in extreme survival situations were people do revert back to that conscious mode in the face of extreme and limited odds etc. And do tend to
eat each other out of a survival mode.

But the real reality is WE ONLY THINK WE NEED TO EAT OR DRINK of form and substance as this is the understood ego beliefs of this societal reality we live and believe in.
It also apparent that in extreme survival situations HuMans can also survive without any or little food or water for 2 months or more. And still be of good character and of sound mind.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Sorry, but rather dumb topic. You can eat people. You can kill someone and eat them all you want. The only thing stopping you is the fact that other people will turn around and punish/kill you.

All you are really asking here is - why can't I be special and do things and other people can't do anything about it. And the answer is because you aren't special.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
These laws exist because there is strength in numbers.
Get 10 cannibals, put them in a room and you will end up with only one.
Get 10 people who arent cannibals, might want to murder but dont want to form group, you have 10 loners.
Get 10 people who arent cannibals, might want to murder but want to form group, you have a group 10 people strong. I need sleep

Release all
Last cannibal is killed by the victim or a friend in the group
Say you have 20 left, half want to kill
The 5 in the group wont kill their friends in that group
Say the 5 homicidal loners kill the other 5 loners, 5 left
So now theres 5 homicidal loners, some cant wait so they kill each other, we have 3 left
the group of 10 destroy the remaining 3. I need sleep

Thats basically what we got today, groups with people that like to kill others outside the group. But once in a while the cannibal trait pops out of the elimination. Something like that. I need sleep.

I contain an oxygen container in my gut that is released if I die, mixed with the butt gas and we go boom. I need sleep.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
on an instinctual survival level I believe that a creature of a certain species does not routinely eat their own kind because it is nutritionally not viable in the long term. You have all the same proteins and enzymes and vitamins that I do and our bodies are not well made to break these things down and derive sustanence from them.

What we need nutritionally comes from creatures with different chemical make-ups and stored nutrients due to the difference in diet.

Wolves do not hunt and eat others of their pack, While male cats may kill and eat newborn kittens that is not for nutrition but to sow his seed instead. Chimps may kill and eat smaller monkeys occasionally but they don't kill and eat other chimps.

None of these animals need to have laws and rules and jails for this offense but none of these animals have such large complex societies or packs or troupes etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join