posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:00 AM
Lovely thread. Even though you deny it and it certainly MIGHT be the case... I also get a distinct feeling that you are asking something else
entirely... from what you are asking. But since it is such a lovely question I will play along...
Which ship to go with?
I would immediately count out all ships promising any connection with an existing religion. Well and some further ones...
1. I believe personally that most of the major religions are just systems of population control. I do not believe there is a 'GOD' 'up there' etc.
I believe that the representatives of the 'right' ship would not lie, to get people join their ship (and to be good to them). It does not serve
their purpose. For the 'bad' ships, however it does not matter WHAT they promise or say. It is beneficial for them to play on people's pre-set
beliefs. Anything to get the people to join. For them the best harvest comes from radicals. In combination of these points I will eliminate religious
2. As a continuation from 1 I count out the ships that seem to be targeting any specific sub-group. I eliminated religion before. Time to eliminate
some more religions... like democracy. As it stands... it does not matter what the 'good' aliens are like or what they believe in. The 'good'
aliens would not play on being similar to us, would not try to make us like them. Ships that say that some groups or nations are special, that someone
is chosen, will be eliminated because of it. Humans like feeling special, but it is an illusion. We are not... at least not in this situation. And
anyone saying differently is lying.
3. As a continuation of 1. and 2. - I do not believe that anything that would follow would this cataclysm would be an utopian society. I do not
believe that the 'good' aliens would give each of us our personal house in their leisure planet with galactic cable. Logic dictates that we will not
be placed into a 'paradise garden'. I eliminate the ships that promise only positive things, without talking of the hard choices and work that lies
4. I talk to my girl. I trust her and she is sharp. She might have thoughts that have not come to my head yet. We will weigh them and...
5. We would count the remaining ships and check our odds. Perhaps there is just 1 ship left? Perhaps not. In any case, it is time to think now if we
even want to leave earth. What gives me better odds at survival - staying or going? And next - how highly do I value my survival and if there are any
ways to minimize the chance of death on earth? I think that remaining behind for any patriotic feelings it nonsense as after this cataclysm, there
will be no countries nor nations. Pride? Pride is stupidity, sister of arrogance. Do I love life? Yes I do... and I will most likely make the choice
that offers me best chance of survival - staying or going. There might be some additional points that will help me choose the last ship... But it will
probably be so personal and depending on the circumstances, that I cannot forsee them now.
Thanks for this game, it was fun.
Let us know what you find out
[edit on 8-9-2008 by Alphard]