It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Ship would you Get on?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by joshedis

There really isn't anything to talk about. It's just a thread. The point of the thread is to get all the readers to think. I'm not trying to lead anyone to think anything. I'm just trying to lead everyone to think something.

As it should be the place of the Governments to say if something like this would be coming down the pike, but our Governments are hopeful such a thing wouldn't happen if they are aware of such events to unfold at all.

I don't want to lead you to think anything as that's not my place, just think about it is all.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

There is a Right Choice. There is a correct answer to this puzzle. The answer is within each and every one of you. However, that answer is yours and yours alone.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

We need more threads like this!
I thoroughly enjoy a mental exercise that is fun and provokes what if scenarios.
star flag from me..

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
yep!

These types of threads are what keeps me on ATS!
The last one I was on was by a man -presumably- username dnbaudio.
That kept me going!

Now it's on to this one...
I hope you drop some more information on us later like how if these posts are pre recorded I'm still waiting for a reply to my recent U2U

Sincerely,
joshedis

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
well then assuming you have watched the reactions all round and you know your government officials wont let the cat out of the bag, you would automatically think the government whould look after No1 themselves first, then accordingly you would get on the ship they have gotten on cause the last thing the politicians want is to be made slave or to be eaten alive!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

yep your completely right.
People are greedy and put themselves first, so they are already on the "wrong" ship metaphoricly.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
you see its the government thats in kahootz with the aliens therefore
they and their familys will get on the correct ship

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Im getting on the ship your getting on ST SIR 86....

[edit on 8-9-2008 by snowen20]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Intuition.

Any experience I have that has no comparison would likely have a lot to do with intuition and whatever facts I could find at the moment.

For argument's sake though, as an experiencer (that is someone who has seen a UFO and possibly been a Guinea Pig for lack of a better term) might I have a better chance of going with the right ship?

Embedded memories somewhere that can be triggered? Perhaps even being "collected" by the "good ship lolly-pop"?

And who's to say that any visiting race has truly innocent/harmless intentions? Perhaps it would be a matter of choosing the lesser of the evils?

Intuition would rule. However death over slavery would be preferred to be honest so I might opt not to leave at all unless forced If I didn't feel confident in my feelings about the various visitors.

Interesting question...

BTW if it were a string less deal I'd jump at the chance to get off the rock and go sightseeing
how awesome would that be?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

No, that's wrong. The Government hasn't been in with the aliens. They were quiet about it all because they had some of the "best minds" working on the puzzle. They had hoped to have the answer to give to all of mankind, however they overestimated their abilities as mankind often does.

The government is split between several ships and going down with the "ship" in other words staying on our own planet. There is no clear cut way to decied. The govenments are not in kohertze with anything but thier personalized biases.

In fact! The governement even sent people with every group of aliens to their home planets and all the governments spys came back with nothing to report.

it needs be understood that all the aliens are "higher life forms" and as such they don't have to align themselves with any part of humanity. Every man woman and child of the age to make a choice (about 13) has to make their own choice.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Im changing my mind, im not getting on the same ship with ST SIR 86.... AFTER ALL..........

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Incarnated, where do you get your information.

You are stating this as a fact, with no evidence that this is one.
However if said something along the lines of "most likely they were sent to the home planets", that would be fine.
But know I need to know EXACTLY where you get this information from.
Preferably in this type of format.

Species:
How do you KNOW this is fact:
Any other information:

Thanks for this!
And please don't tell me I am not allowed to know, because then I will assume that you are lying, even if your telling the truth.

EDIT: Snowen you can come on the ship I'm building when I win the lottery!
We can browse the alien home planets and dcide which one is best that way!

Sincerely,
joshedis

p.s I just watched some show about my rights, so my brain automaticly makes me try to sound official.
p.p.s Its 1:30 where I am... I need to sleep...

[edit on 8-9-2008 by joshedis]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by joshedis
Incarnated, where do you get your information.

The following might hint toward my leaning or understanding. I'll state clearly that this info is coming out of my imagination. However the origins of my imagination is unknown.

However, I know of at least 4 people on youTube claiming this event to be a real and upcoming event. I'd not sudgest you listen to anyone of them.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Well in this scenario, it sounds like you are one of those aliens who would be trying to be honest with the humans.................In that case, im going to go on the ship you are on. so uhhhh you know scoot over......

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Oh ok...

Haha for a second I thought you were talking facts!
Wow i feel dense!
I just remembered now that at the beginning you were talking about that!

I'm just comparing this to the old thread I was into.

What is puzzling me though is your claim for this to all be prerecorded, could you please elaborate on that?

Yeah and both of you scoot over for me XD!
Might wanna make some room I'm gassy!

Sincerely,
joshedis

p.s I cant wait to see how this carries on!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Considering telepathy or "mind reading" is often attributed to alien races they would instantly know what answer to give you in order to make you come with them, so this would be not a simple matter of asking them a question, like some riddle. Also, the most "evil" or bad intentioned humans are the most effective liars, i'm sure this is the same among all races.

You would instead have to make your opinion based solely on what they presented on themselves as to everyone, or what they said about certain things. In that regard it would truly be a test of how much your own understanding of things is accurate.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Lovely thread. Even though you deny it and it certainly MIGHT be the case... I also get a distinct feeling that you are asking something else entirely... from what you are asking. But since it is such a lovely question I will play along...

Which ship to go with?

I would immediately count out all ships promising any connection with an existing religion. Well and some further ones...

1. I believe personally that most of the major religions are just systems of population control. I do not believe there is a 'GOD' 'up there' etc. I believe that the representatives of the 'right' ship would not lie, to get people join their ship (and to be good to them). It does not serve their purpose. For the 'bad' ships, however it does not matter WHAT they promise or say. It is beneficial for them to play on people's pre-set beliefs. Anything to get the people to join. For them the best harvest comes from radicals. In combination of these points I will eliminate religious ships.

2. As a continuation from 1 I count out the ships that seem to be targeting any specific sub-group. I eliminated religion before. Time to eliminate some more religions... like democracy. As it stands... it does not matter what the 'good' aliens are like or what they believe in. The 'good' aliens would not play on being similar to us, would not try to make us like them. Ships that say that some groups or nations are special, that someone is chosen, will be eliminated because of it. Humans like feeling special, but it is an illusion. We are not... at least not in this situation. And anyone saying differently is lying.

3. As a continuation of 1. and 2. - I do not believe that anything that would follow would this cataclysm would be an utopian society. I do not believe that the 'good' aliens would give each of us our personal house in their leisure planet with galactic cable. Logic dictates that we will not be placed into a 'paradise garden'. I eliminate the ships that promise only positive things, without talking of the hard choices and work that lies ahead.

4. I talk to my girl. I trust her and she is sharp. She might have thoughts that have not come to my head yet. We will weigh them and...

5. We would count the remaining ships and check our odds. Perhaps there is just 1 ship left? Perhaps not. In any case, it is time to think now if we even want to leave earth. What gives me better odds at survival - staying or going? And next - how highly do I value my survival and if there are any ways to minimize the chance of death on earth? I think that remaining behind for any patriotic feelings it nonsense as after this cataclysm, there will be no countries nor nations. Pride? Pride is stupidity, sister of arrogance. Do I love life? Yes I do... and I will most likely make the choice that offers me best chance of survival - staying or going. There might be some additional points that will help me choose the last ship... But it will probably be so personal and depending on the circumstances, that I cannot forsee them now.

Thanks for this game, it was fun.
Let us know what you find out

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Alphard]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Incarnated believes he is literally the incarnation of an Archangel.

I assume when he says it comes from his imagination, but his imagination is of unknown origins, he is talking about some kind of divine imagination. Because of this, I think he means to say his hypothetical is of factual importance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I pick my ship. Incarnated in this hypothetical situation when does the human population first realize what is going to cause the Worlds populations to die?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I'd stand in the one with the longest line.

eeek.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Incarnated believes he is literally the incarnation of an Archangel.

I assume when he says it comes from his imagination, but his imagination is of unknown origins, he is talking about some kind of divine imagination. Because of this, I think he means to say his hypothetical is of factual importance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I pick my ship. Incarnated in this hypothetical situation when does the human population first realize what is going to cause the Worlds populations to die?

Wow! Very delightful! Yet, what's the truth behind what you say and where is that truth? Is the words you spoke in truth truthfully words from my mouth of truth or act? Do I have wings on my back for you to see? I can say in all truth I believe not as you say I do. Though that I am is true.

So you ask when will the human population realize what's going to cause the world to die? The population will not realize it and this is what kills the world. Some humans however realize it already. More will realize it throughout the time between now and then, however as I live and breath, there may be one that lives throughout the full end of world events and yet fails to realize. So, the population will not realize ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join