It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new weapon to rival invention of plane and tank?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
This man appeared on Larry King tonight. He also touched on this subject. he didn't elaborate much, but he did say this.

This top secret technology rivals the Manhattan Project and that it was revolutionary the capabilities the military has attained. He would not comment much more than this b/c he was told by a high ranking military official NOT to comment on it, saying that it would get people killed. He also said it was developed at the time of the surge.

Now that's saying alot.

Reading this,
brings to mind only one theoretical weapon
I remember from my days back in the physics lab.

The Pi Meson. The theory works like this.
by exciting an electron around a positron it takes a higher orbit shell.
The electron's orbit then decays at a predictable rate and when it collides with the positron
it releases the energy damaging a small area around it.

Things to note about this type of theoretical weapon
    Until the subatomic collision happens the energy weapon is invisible to matter.
    I can be shot through walls, steel, rock, even deep underground.
    The shot travells at the speed of light.

There are a host of problems that would have to have been solved though.
The effects are tiny tiny tiny. There would have to be some way to fire a whole lot of these charged Mesons simultaniously. And by a whole lot I mean a number larger than the deficit. Also more energy would be required the further away the weapon was shot from as the rate of decay on the electrons orbit is directly related to the moment of energy release via collision with the positron.

The theoretical range of this type of weapon is only limited by the power supply though. For instance it could be mounted on the moon.

But even in 1978 we thought this was just fun science fiction.

David Grouchy

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
One possibility is that the weapon is something similar that described to film maker Patrick Dillon by Iraqi infantryman Majid al-Ghazali - a frightening giant flame-thrower type device that instead shoots out “concentrated lightning bolts” or radiation bursts that result in vehicles and people being almost literally liquidized. During a street battle in Baghdad on April 12 2003, Al-Ghazali describes witnessing American troops unveil an oddly configured tank which “suddenly let loose a blinding stream of what seemed like fire and lightning, engulfing a large passenger bus and three automobiles.” “Within seconds the bus had become semi-molten, sagging “like a wet rag” as he put it. He said the bus rapidly melted under this withering blast, shrinking until it was a twisted blob about the dimensions of a VW bug. As if that were not bizarre enough, al-Ghazali explicitly describes seeing numerous human bodies shriveled to the size of newborn babies. By the time local street fighting ended that day, he estimates between 500 and 600 soldiers and civilians had been cooked alive as a result of the mysterious tank-mounted device.” Al-Ghazali adds that following the battle, U.S. troops were scrupulous about burying the evidence of the weapon’s deadly consequences, but that telltale signs remained which he showed to journalist Dillon.

Source mathaba.net...

Yes this sounds like the results one could expect.
I guess the power supply problem is no longer tank bound but is probably still limited to one shot.
Also it sounds like the timing of the collective Mesons was way off if one could "see it shooting"
which, if solved, would greatly increase the damage output instead of wasting all that energy creating weird effects in the intervening air.
edit on 26-3-2011 by davidgrouchy because: multiple spelling errors

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
i dont think they will find bin laden if they want to find him then youd have more luck under dick chaneys bed

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by David9176

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
One possibility is that the weapon is something similar that described to film maker Patrick Dillon by Iraqi infantryman Majid al-Ghazali - a frightening giant flame-thrower type device that instead shoots out “concentrated lightning bolts” or radiation bursts that result in vehicles and people being almost literally liquidized. During a street battle in Baghdad on April 12 2003, Al-Ghazali describes witnessing American troops unveil an oddly configured tank which “suddenly let loose a blinding stream of what seemed like fire and lightning, engulfing a large passenger bus and three automobiles.” “Within seconds the bus had become semi-molten, sagging “like a wet rag” as he put it. He said the bus rapidly melted under this withering blast, shrinking until it was a twisted blob about the dimensions of a VW bug. As if that were not bizarre enough, al-Ghazali explicitly describes seeing numerous human bodies shriveled to the size of newborn babies. By the time local street fighting ended that day, he estimates between 500 and 600 soldiers and civilians had been cooked alive as a result of the mysterious tank-mounted device.” Al-Ghazali adds that following the battle, U.S. troops were scrupulous about burying the evidence of the weapon’s deadly consequences, but that telltale signs remained which he showed to journalist Dillon.

Source mathaba.net...

Yes this sounds like the results one could expect.

To me the description of the tank's weapon sounds like some kind of very powerful chemical flamethrower, perhaps something with an oxidizer or white phosphorus. Doesn't at all sound like any sort of particle beam.
I'd rather take my chances with a particle beam.

edit on 10-4-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join