It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit: Prevent Cheney From Withholding, Destroying Documents On His Exit From Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Lawsuit: Prevent Cheney From Withholding, Destroying Documents On His Exit From Office

rawstory.com

Historians and scholars are among those joining a lawsuit aimed at preventing the Bush administration from destroying or withholding documents related to the role of the "most influential vice president in U.S. history," Dick Cheney, in forming public policy, the Washington Post reports in its Monday edition.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is expected to file the suit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on Monday to assert the requirement to preserve the documents in question under the post-Watergate Presidential Records Act of 1978, contrary to loopholes engineered and statements made during Cheney's time in office.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
HAHA...

Does anybody think that the MASTERMIND behind the unending insanity of this administration hasn't ALREADY covered his tracks? These guys have been running the shredders non-stop literally from day one of their endless criminal enterprises...

It's a nice thought though fellas. lol

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm with you here.

Nice try guys, I know you're looking out for freedom of information... but I guarantee you Cheney has already burned all the evidence a LONG time ago.

If not, then word of this legal move has got him in some warehouse right now with dumpsters full of hard drives, USB keys, and paper documents... and a nice warm bonfire in the buildings incinerator... you know... to keep him warm while he keeps the documents safe. lol.

Wake up. The guys a meddling old wind bag, you think after all that plotting, he didn't ponder the idea of destroying the evidence?

We know he's guilty... but in order to make it official, we have to be still holding the evidence at the end... not just be aware of it having existed.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hehe Yo all beat me to it. There is no way the old man didn't already get rid of all the damming evidence against him. All there going to get is some interoffice memos about hunting trips and how many pace makers he's gone through over the years.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Johnsky, you are right on about the reality. I believe the WH has admitted it cannot come up with TWO YEARS of emails, but I appreciate and expect the request. Within the framework of the legal systemy lies both the ability to manipulate the system, and to correct it. We can only use what we have and we must be smarter than them in using it. As is always the case, Cheney and the Gang will be found guilty of multiple misuses of power down the line and a nice book will be written about it, later to be placed in the Bush Library. SMU is going to look like fools.

ColoradoJens

join