It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian PM employs loophole in potential power grab

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

I understand it can be hard to get things done with a minority government but i still don't agree with him getting a whole bunch of praise. And yea every country needs a military, and no Canada shouldn't be left with a crappy one, I'm just saying I don't want our main concern to be having a strong army because we need to be worried about whatever threat COULD be coming to us if we're not careful. I'd rather have a country with a strong army to be used for the right reasons, but still be respected on the world scale, and not be ready to jump into a fight the minute something happens. I realize we can't depend on others to back us up when it comes down to it, but the reality is that is what will happen.

And yea as a whole we as Canadians seem to be too apathetic about politics, but I don't think that always translates to other areas of our lives, I can't depend on the apathy of others for my own success.

reply to post by GAOTU789

Good post man thank you for the info.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
My town is literally plastered with Conservative signs. Like 10 in a row on the median on the highway.

I wont vote conservative, though im sure they will get their majority. Its better than another minority and no one else has a shot at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Some more happenings with the upcoming election:

Greens can't participate in leaders debates, networks rule

Canada's broadcasters will not allow Green Leader Elizabeth May to participate in the leaders debates during the federal election campaign, the networks announced Monday afternoon. The consortium of networks, which includes the CBC, said three of Canada's parties were opposed to May's inclusion, but did not give more details.

Source

[edit on 9-9-2008 by monkeykillingmonkey]

<< 1   >>

join