It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US government takes over mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
article

tell me what you think because i personally read this prophesized in a thread on ats... i'll add it tonight or early tomorrow morning if i can find it. anyways, my opinion is this is the beginning of gaining control over every aspect of our lives so that the emergency that declares martial law will be that much easier and have that much less to work to control afterwards...

the deadline for the start of the next war is the end of this month 9-08!!!

link

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

i am in the belief this is a closer step to the North American Union. i started a thread "Wag the Dog - How to Conceal a Massive Economic Collapse" www.abovetopsecret.com... and here is a snippet from the source www.globalresearch.ca...

Just as central banks manipulate currencies in concert, so gold can be manipulated by massive selling of central bank reserves. Oil and any other market can be manipulated as well. But markets can be manipulated by only so much and for only so long without fixing the underlying problem. There is more bad news coming down the pike, news of such magnitude that no amount of ordinary manipulation is liable to conceal it. For one thing, roughly $400 billion in ARMs (adjustable rate mortgages) have or will reset between March and October of this year. Assuming 3 to 6 months for strapped debtors to actually hit the wall with their payments, a huge wave of defaults is about to strike, continuing through March 2009 – just in time for the next huge wave of resets, in option ARMs.3 Option ARMs are loans with the option to pay even less than just the interest on the loan monthly, increasing the loan balance until the loan reaches a certain amount (typically 110% to 125% of the original loan balance), when it resets. The $800 billion credit line recently opened to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac may be not only tapped but tapped out, at taxpayer expense. The underlying problem is little discussed but impossible to repair – a one quadrillion dollar derivatives scheme that is now imploding. Banks everywhere are facing massive writeoffs, putting the whole banking system on the brink of collapse. Only public bailouts will save it, but they could bankrupt the nation.

to usher in the NAU thru the guise of the SPP (The Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America launched march 2008) the economy of the united states must collapse first. but how can you keep it from ordinary citizens? distractions.

What to do? War and threats of war have been used historically to distract the population and deflect public scrutiny from economic calamity. As the scheme was summed up in the trailer to the 1997 movie "Wag the Dog" -- "There’s a crisis in the White House, and to save the election, they’d have to fake a war."
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Great Depression....

new topics

join